July 15th - Dive Club BBQ w/ Presentation by John Rawlings

General banter about diving and why we love it.
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

I'm in, and stoked!! :prayer:
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

John made an excellent point... I just upgraded to the "preferred plan" with DAN insurance. The last thing I need is to be in Hawaii and have an issue. $50k+ in debt wouldn't be the best way to start a marriage!!!
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Oh yeah - the people I spoke to at DAN kicked ass too!!! Friendly & helpful!!! Who would have thought there's still top-shelf customer service out there?!?! \:D/
DiverDown
I've Got Gills

Post by DiverDown »

Tracie and I will be there and I think tattoobob coming also..
Who run barter town?
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

IM in : just need to know when and where.

as long as we do a weekend not some thing in the week day I always miss out on the neat stuff due to the distance I would need to drive after work.

sunday are better then Saturdays for me as I some times have to work on Saturdays.

also I will need driving directions to your office Calvin I have know Idea where this building you are talking about is

what do you want me to bring with me?

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Learns from the mistakes of those that have gone before him
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

I'll be there for sure!
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

Dude john I am back in for sure. I read the invitation wrong, youknow how that fancy font on those wedding invites is suppose to be cool, well its harder that shit to read. but i just read it wrong, no wedding that day. so i can still carry your tanks and yiddish them. :la:

I have my rescue class the sunday after, thats exciting for me. i also have the prefered plan of DAN
Maverick

Diving. . . is an active physical form of meditation. It is so silent- You're like a thought.

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR
ANYTHING, BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE
STAIRS.
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Great, it looks like we will have some folks around. I was unsure there for a minute when you guys were dropping like flies.

Sparky, the Seattle Post-Intelligencer Building is a landmark on the Seattle Downtown Waterfront. I posted the address above but here it is again:

Newsvine, Inc.
101 Elliott Ave. West
Suite 120
Seattle, WA 98119

Basically, it's the building North of the piers on Elliott with the big blue globe on it, very hard to miss.
John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Post by John Rawlings »

In case any of you are interested, here is a link to an article in the Seattle PI written by Kristen Dizon about the discovery of the bones. There are two additional links at the bottom of the article that will connect you to earlier articles dealing with the search and the subsequent discoveries made by the team.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/176204_bone03.html
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

http://www.advanceddivermagazine.com
http://johnrawlings.smugmug.com/
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Seeded to the Vine.
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

I'll put Cheng and I in the "maybe" column ... I'll know more for sure a few days before the event.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

Calvin Tang wrote: Sparky, the Seattle Post-Intelligencer Building is a landmark on the Seattle Downtown Waterfront. I posted the address above but here it is again:

Newsvine, Inc.
101 Elliott Ave. West
Suite 120
Seattle, WA 98119

Basically, it's the building North of the piers on Elliott with the big blue globe on it, very hard to miss.
well then in that case i should have no trouble in getting realy lost
See you then and there
Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Cuppie
Dive-aholic

Post by Cuppie »

is there anyway we can actually have the bbq start later? i work until 230pm and it will take me 45mins to get there, we often get done at 2pm but that still wont work. Anyways, let me know if you can move the bbq back to 2pm and then have the presentation to start at 3pm and then i think i may be able to make it. if that doesnt work for the rest of you guys then dont worry about it i'll just have to miss it.
Diver_Dave
I've Got Gills

Re:

Post by Diver_Dave »

I could also bring some of my gear - double LP 112s, stage bottles, and my rebreather so that you guys could see some of the equipment that was utilized.

- John[/quote]

Hey John bring that rebreather & double LP 112s, stage bottles to Alaska and lets do some serious diving :salute:[/img]
D.D.
Sitka,Alaska
Finding things under water....
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Cuppie wrote:is there anyway we can actually have the bbq start later? i work until 230pm and it will take me 45mins to get there, we often get done at 2pm but that still wont work. Anyways, let me know if you can move the bbq back to 2pm and then have the presentation to start at 3pm and then i think i may be able to make it. if that doesnt work for the rest of you guys then dont worry about it i'll just have to miss it.
Cuppie, you know how this crew works, we're going to be running behind no matter what, just come when you can make it. We'll start with the beer and burgers. :salute:
Sasquatch
Compulsive Diver

Post by Sasquatch »

Just about a week away from John's presentation. I was one of the "YES" votes on the poll and was just wondering if everything is still humming along?

Is there anything I can bring that someone doesn't have covered?

Dave
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

I'm heading over to Costco this afternoon to pick up burgers, beer, etc. People are certainly welcome to bring a dish but for the most part I don't mind handling picking things up, assuming that folks won't mind pitching in to help pay for it. Any special requests?

Looking forward to the BBQ!

:supz:

(btw, I realized that there will be more folks attending than indicated, since some might be bringing a friend/spouse but only voted once)
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

Calvin I am just wondering
what should I bring for the BBQ and what is the time for the presentaion by john R.

I will be off this comeing weekend so saturday or sunday works for me
and will there be diving involved? I am up to some divng if any one else would like to hit the water with.

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
DiverDown
I've Got Gills

Post by DiverDown »

I cant wait, Mabey Tracie can make some apple sauce cake! "wich by the way is the BOMB!! :supz: Lemme know if you want me to bring anything else, Or I wil just bring a donation to the smorgasbord!! :salute:
Who run barter town?
John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Post by John Rawlings »

sparky wrote:Calvin I am just wondering
what should I bring for the BBQ and what is the time for the presentaion by john R.

I will be off this comeing weekend so saturday or sunday works for me
and will there be diving involved? I am up to some divng if any one else would like to hit the water with.

Sparky
It's Saturday - starts at 1:00 PM.

It'll be good to finally meet you! See ya there!

- John
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

Yes John after what has it been like 3 or 4 years we have gone back and forth on here now lol

it will be grate to meet you as well. See you there.

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

I'm hoping to make it but will get off work at 1pm so i will be there by 130pm, i'm coming thought.

Hey john please bring me a copy of Anal Diving Midgets (ADM) So i can subscribe to it, i need more dive material. :book:
Maverick

Diving. . . is an active physical form of meditation. It is so silent- You're like a thought.

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR
ANYTHING, BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE
STAIRS.
Diver_C
Amphibian

Post by Diver_C »

So, diving beforehand? What's the point of having a meeting in the afternoon about diving, without diving in the morning? Redondo isn't far away...
John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Post by John Rawlings »

Maverick wrote:I'm hoping to make it but will get off work at 1pm so i will be there by 130pm, i'm coming thought.

Hey john please bring me a copy of Anal Diving Midgets (ADM) So i can subscribe to it, i need more dive material. :book:
Rest assured I'm bringing some - hopefully enough for everyone, but I have absolutely NO idea what to expect in terms of numbers of people that will be there.

- John

Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Is anyone willing to volunteer to help schlep some gear? We'd need you to arrive around 12:15 or so. Please speak up if you have a strong back and want to do your good deed for the day!

=D>