I COULD BURST

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Re: I COULD BURST

Post by Nwbrewer »

There are two. They both live in the Geodome. Be careful not to bump the dome though while looking for them, or you won't be able to find them....
sheahanmcculla
I've Got Gills

Post by sheahanmcculla »

Wont they have to find a new spot when they grow? The diameter of the pipe is pretty small.
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

I've seen one (the Juvenile) and seen video of the other. He's pretty freaking big, I don't think it's an issue.
sunnydude
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by sunnydude »

We saw one of the eels during our OW dives in the Geodome. My daughter decided a camera was in order if I was going to be diving to document.
Sean
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

IF ONLY I HAD A CAMERA!!!
I wish I could put into words this new world for me, but I don't probably need to as you all understand! I didnt know there were two...sheesh, looks like I may need to go back down.
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Norris wrote:8 OW dives now and counting.

Thanks everyone for helping transition from a n00b to a certified diver. Im not done yet, I really just dont see any reason to not go Advanced after a few dives. I dont want to un-learn any bad habits, and the more I know the better.
Congrats on your certification! It's fun to hear the excitement in your posts - I love the emotion in describing all your discoveries.

I'll pass on a suggestion that worked very well for me (take it for what you want)...

With 8 dives, you're in prime position to start diving with a few mentors. I personally think mentoring is huge in this sport (see Tom Nic's signature quote) and was blessed with two world-class mentors. They really taught me how to dive much more than 5-8 more guided dives and a couple classroom sessions in a traditional AOW would have. Then, once I'd really started to get my skills in order, I took AOW from Grateful Diver. That AOW class thoroughly challenged me and truly took me into advanced recreational diving.

In my opinion, not all AOW classes are equal and I believe BDub and Grateful Diver's AOW classes can't be beat. They're challenging, but you'll graduate a much stronger diver. Having your basic skills down will put you in a prime position to learn from them so I really recommend getting out and getting some bottom time before you move toward AOW. If you're interested in learning about their classes, there are many BDub/GD students and grads around here.

My 2psi... food for thought.
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Norris wrote:Ok it looks like I can finally leave the new visitor area and post in others!!! I AM CERTIFIED and LOVING' IT!

YIPPPEEEEE!!!!
Congrats Norris!! =D>

Thanks for sharing the joy and the passion with us!

Here's hoping it never diminishes... (my buddies have standing orders to slap me silly if I ever get jaded and cynical about this wonderful pastime of scuba!)
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman