How little kids see the ocean

This forum is for all other types of chatter, including non-SCUBA stuff.
pensacoladiver
I've Got Gills

How little kids see the ocean

Post by pensacoladiver »

Saw this on another site:

1) - This is a picture of an octopus. It has eight testicles.(Kelly, age 6)

2) - Oysters' balls are called pearls. (Jerry, age 6)

3) - If you are surrounded by ocean you are an island.. If you don't have ocean all round you, you are incontinent. ( Wayne , age 7)

4) - Sharks are ugly and mean, and have big teeth, just like Emily Richardson. She's not my friend any more. (Kylie, age 6)

5) - A dolphin breaths through an asshole on the top of its head. (Billy, age 8)

6) - My uncle goes out in his boat with 2 other men and a woman and pots and comes back with crabs.(Millie, age 6)

7) - When ships had sails, they used to use the trade winds to cross the ocean. Sometimes when the wind didn't blow the sailors would whistle to make the wind come. My brother said they would have been better off eating beans.(William, age 7)

8) - Mermaids live in the ocean. I like mermaids. They are beautiful and I like their shiny tails, but how on earth do mermaids get pregnant? Like, really? (Helen, age 6)

9) - I'm not going to write about the ocean. My baby brother is always crying, my Dad keeps yelling at my Mom, and my big sister has just got pregnant, so I can't think what to write. (Amy, age 6)

10) - Some fish are dangerous. Jellyfish can sting.. Electric eels can give you a shock. They have to live in caves under the sea where I think they have to plug themselves into chargers. (Christopher, age 7)

11) - When you go swimming in the ocean, it is very cold, and it makes my willy small. (Kevin, age 6)

12) - Divers have to be safe when they go under the water. Divers can't go down alone, so they have to go down on each other. (Becky, age 8)

13) - On vacation my Mom went water skiing. She fell off when she was going very fast. She says she won't do it again because water fired right up her big fat ass. (Julie, age 7)

14) - The ocean is made up of water and fish. Why the fish don't drown I don't know.. (Bobby, age 6)

15)-My dad was a sailor on the ocean. He knows all about the ocean. What he doesn't know is why he quit being a sailor and married my mom. (James, age 7)
Gooch
Submariner

Re: How little kids see the ocean

Post by Gooch »

These are great! Nice post :)
http://nwdivers.me/blog/ Original articles and dive reports from local divers in the Vancouver, WA area. Suggestions for stories or your own reports are welcome!

Fishstiq
Amphibian

Post by Fishstiq »

That is rad! It's awesome the way kids see things....

While in high school, I made a few extra bucks on weekends helping referee a soccer league. After one game, a group of concerned parents approached a coach and said they were concerned with some of the things their children were saying about practice. Apparently the kids had been reporting back to their parents about some of the disciplinary actions of the coaching staff (making players run laps for goofing off, doing drills to reinforce lessons that weren't being paid attention to, that sort of thing), and the parents seemed none too happy aboout it. Each parent relayed specifics of what their children had said occurred. The coach just listened, not saying a word, just nodding his head and giving each speaker his attention. When the parents were done, the coach very calmly responded to the parents by saying "I understand your concerns, and I invite all of you to sit in on our practices and see firsthand what goes on there, rather than dropping your kids off with me and disappearing for an hour three times a week. I also know that some of you have very busy schedules, so for those who can't make time for your children's practice, I'll make you a deal. If you promise to only believe half of what they say goes on at practice, I promise to only believe half of what they tell me goes on in your homes."

The parents left without a single word.
Not just front page famous, but above the fold famous...

Waiting for your AIDS test results is no time to be thinking positive.
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :goodpost:
ktb
I've Got Gills

Post by ktb »

OMG, #12 has to be my fave.

:notworthy:
Kelly
defied
I've Got Gills

Post by defied »

ktb wrote:OMG, #12 has to be my fave.

:notworthy:
Rofl! I was certain it would have been 8).

D(B)
vlad
Aquaphile

Post by vlad »

:rofl: Excellent! Сhildren and fools speak the truth!
airsix
I've Got Gills

Post by airsix »

vlad wrote::rofl: Excellent! Сhildren and fools speak the truth!
Tonight at dinner my 5yr old got out of her chair, came around the table, and gave me a big hug. I said "Ah... I love you too." to which she replied "I just wanted more bacon." :penelope: (It was "breakfast for dinner" night)
"The place looked like a washing machine full of Josh's carharts. I was not into it." --Sockmonkey
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

Thank you for a good chuckle to start the day!
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

airsix wrote:
Tonight at dinner my 5yr old got out of her chair, came around the table, and gave me a big hug. I said "Ah... I love you too." to which she replied "I just wanted more bacon." :penelope: (It was "breakfast for dinner" night)
Oh breakfast for dinner night is one of my favorites!!!
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
Waynne Fowler
I've Got Gills

Post by Waynne Fowler »

13) - On vacation my Mom went water skiing. She fell off when she was going very fast. She says she won't do it again because water fired right up her big fat ass. (Julie, age 7)

Now that flippin F U N N Y! :rofl: :rofl:
Ripper of drysuits, mocker of divers...there are no atheist divers in a mistimed Deception Pass dive. Jeremy
pensacoladiver
I've Got Gills

Post by pensacoladiver »

Waynne Fowler wrote:13) - On vacation my Mom went water skiing. She fell off when she was going very fast. She says she won't do it again because water fired right up her big fat ass. (Julie, age 7)

Now that flippin F U N N Y! :rofl: :rofl:
That was my favorite one too.
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

airsix wrote:
Bacon....is there anything it can't do?!
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
Waynne Fowler
I've Got Gills

Post by Waynne Fowler »

Bacon is creepy
Ripper of drysuits, mocker of divers...there are no atheist divers in a mistimed Deception Pass dive. Jeremy
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

You are getting sleepy.......

Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
smike
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by smike »

Out of the mouth of babes...

come things we should have never said in the first place...
Behold, the King reigns! You are his publicity agents. Therefore advertise, advertise, advertise, the King and his kingdom.
ketralis
Aquaphile

Post by ketralis »

:rofl: :rofl: :laughing3:
Number 12 just became my signature :goodpost:
-Kevin
Divers have to be safe when they go under the water. Divers can't go down alone, so they have to go down on each other. (Becky, age 8)