DAN BLSPRO class

This forum is provided for the further edification of our club members seeking to improve their knowledge and diving skills. (recreational diving only)
Zen Diver
DAN Ambassador

DAN BLSPRO class

Post by Zen Diver »

For anyone interested, I'll also be teaching the DAN Basic Life Support for Professionals class in December. This is an 8 hour class outlining professional level resuscitation techniques. It's aimed at Divemasters, AIs, Instructors but any interested parties may attend. You'll learn how to perform CPR for adults, children and infants, both one and two person techniques. In addition, you will learn advanced skills including pharyngeal suctioning, how/when/why to apply cricoid pressure, and proper use of the Bag-Valve-Mask (Ambu bag). AED use will also be reviewed.

Anyone wishing to add on the Advanced O2 component may do so for an additional fee. If so choosing must have done the basic Oxygen First Aid class within the previous 12 months (basic O2 will not be covered in this class).

Pre-requisites are none, unless you want the Advanced O2 component (see above).

Details:
When: Saturday, December 9 at 8:00 AM
Where: TL Sea Diving, Des Moines
Cost: $150.00 (Advanced O2 add on $40.00) includes books

Dress in loose, comfortable clothing, and please bring your books, your own clean pocket mask and a sense of humor. Be prepared for a fun day!

-Valerie
(feel free to pm or email at Valcan@aol.com for any details)
Cuppie
Dive-aholic

Post by Cuppie »

i have been weighing my options and i have had plans for the hoodcanal trip for over a month now. so i wont be able to attend this class but do keep me posted on further classes (especially another hazardous marine life class- i cant make the one on tuesday)!!
Thanks for the invite!
~erin
Zen Diver
DAN Ambassador

Post by Zen Diver »

Still space left if anyone's not diving in HC this weekend.

-Valerie
jackieg
Amphibian

totally kewl class - do it!

Post by jackieg »

I'm not diving H.C., but as a graduate of this class I highly recommend it. This is NOT the same as CPR/first aid and Valerie makes it entertaining.

Just do it! (sorry nike, but the words fit....)

Jackie \:D/
GillyWeed
Submariner

Post by GillyWeed »

Hey Valerie..

I really want to take this class as well. But I just bought a new house and what with inspections, apprasials, packing and everything else.. I don't have the time or money right now..

Do you think you will do this one again in a month or two?

Thanks,

Holly
"Well I, I wont go down by myself, but I'll go down with my friends!"
Zen Diver
DAN Ambassador

Post by Zen Diver »

I expect I'll probably do it again in the next few months and will keep you posted when I have a date. Since this is a longer class (~8 hours) I prefer to have a minimum of two students, but I can schedule pretty much on demand if there are two or more interested.

-Valerie
lamont
I've Got Gills

Post by lamont »

It appears that my BLSpro cert expired in august, i can't make it to this class, but I could use a refresher soon. Does DEMP and CPR expire as well, because its been over two years for those as well -- those cards don't have expire dates on them though?

I'd also be interested in the remo and neuro courses...
Zen Diver
DAN Ambassador

Post by Zen Diver »

Lamont

DAN courses generally are good for 2 years, meaning that DAN "recommends retraining within 2 years." You can recertify by doing a re-cert class or attending the full class.

I'll be doing a Neuro class on Saturday, February 3rd in the afternoon if you are interested. Basic O2 and Advanced O2 will be in the morning of the same day as separate offerings.

-Valerie