Seeking Dive buddies in the Tacoma/Seattle area

Looking for a dive buddy? Get paired up here.
Twig250
Just Settling In

Seeking Dive buddies in the Tacoma/Seattle area

Post by Twig250 »

Hello! I will be in Tacoma for winter break (I am a graduate student in MT) from Dec. 19th until around Jan. 17th and am looking for some people to dive with...I would prefer diving with more experienced divers as I am still some what of a beginner and it has been a while since I have dove. I am looking to get in as many dives as possible while I am home because I need to log 50 dives by the spring. I am a film student and am trying to do my thesis film underwater in Antarctica next Oct. in 2010. In order to do this I have to have 50 dives logged by March. As I am sure you can imagine MT isn't the best place to go diving so I am trying to take advantage of being able to dive in WA and get out as much as I can. I would be available to dive just about any day of the week during the time I am back (except for around Christmas) and am willing to drive to Seattle or any other places that are fairly close to Tacoma. I am hopefully getting drysuit certified the weekend of Dec. 19th and 20th. Right now I have my open water and about 15 wet suit dives under my belt? ...unfortunately I never logged any of these.

Thanks and I hope to hear from you! :)
Hilary
mz53480
I've Got Gills

Re: Seeking Dive buddies in the Tacoma/Seattle area

Post by mz53480 »

Twig250 wrote:Hello!....I am a film student and am trying to do my thesis film underwater in Antarctica next Oct. in 2010. In order to do this I have to have 50 dives logged by March.....Thanks and I hope to hear from you! :)
Hilary
Welcome!
:bday:
Do you already have a video cam/housing?
Give me a shout if you want to do some dive vids together....
Antartica sounds interesting. Why there?
MZ
...I like going to the chamber.. They have great food there, and awsome live music "H20doctor"
Check out the VIDEOS!
pogiguy05
I've Got Gills

Post by pogiguy05 »

Hello and welcome to our little part of the world. Here is another part of the board that you can introduce yourself. http://www.nwdiveclub.com/viewforum.php?f=5

I am usually diving with the Thursday diving crew in the south Puget sound area. Seems this is where you will be wanting to do your dives.Also seems that the two Thursday's after you get here will be Xmas eve and New years eve so I doubt many will be diving those Thursdays BUT we have some hard core divers here.I have no problems diving with new divers and hopefully will get to dive with you while your here.Once again welcome to the board and once you get here welcome to the PNW. :joshsmith: :breakdance: :80sdance:
Jeff Castor
defied
I've Got Gills

Post by defied »

Hey Twig, welcome!

I live in Tacoma, and usually dive out of Tacoma Scuba. They may have some diving going on on the weekends if you are interested. Give them a call!

D(B)
Twig250
Just Settling In

Post by Twig250 »

Hey everyone,
Thanks so much for all the responses! ...and sorry I have been slow at getting back to you all! ...things have been a little crazy here.

mz53480, Thanks! Right now I am planning on holding off on filming underwater until I get super comfortable with my drysuit etc. I prob. won't start practicing with a camera until March. In terms of cameras, my school program has 5 amphico housings for various cameras, which I will use to practice with. I am not sure what I will be bringing to the ice with me yet. As for Antarctica...I have an obsession with frozen places. Before going into film I studied antifreeze properties of Antarctic fish for my M.S. in Antarctica for 5 months. I have been dying to get back down there and do a film...so I am hopefully going down with a researcher I met when I was down there last time. I would totally be game for diving with you without a camera!

Jeff, Yes I would love to go diving with you too. Thurs eh? Is that the group that is down on Ruston Way? I can't remember what day they are diving there. I grew up in Tacoma and always saw the divers hanging out down there. But yes, I would be totally game to hit Thurs...and any other day! I will be in eastern WA for a week over the holidays, but other than that I will be in Tacoma for 3 weeks and game to dive as much as possible!

defied, thanks for the tip...I contacted them...sounds like they are doing some night dives every wed and fri!
ldevore
Compulsive Diver

Post by ldevore »

It would be a little bit of a drive for you, but there is a group that gets together for a dive at Mukilteo on Monday evenings. Look for the "Mukilteo Madness" posts. These are night dives, so you would need to be comfortable diving at night and have appropriate lights. Bring a couple of bucks for the post-dive download at the Diamond Knot afterwards too.

Lauri
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

ldevore wrote:It would be a little bit of a drive for you, but there is a group that gets together for a dive at Mukilteo on Monday evenings. Look for the "Mukilteo Madness" posts. These are night dives, so you would need to be comfortable diving at night and have appropriate lights. Bring a couple of bucks for the post-dive download at the Diamond Knot afterwards too.

Lauri
Only problem with that Lauri is she said she wanted to dive with some "Experienced" divers! :smt064
twig250 wrote:I would prefer diving with more experienced divers