bandito charters

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
Burntchef
I've Got Gills

bandito charters

Post by Burntchef »

im thinking about booking a trip on bandito some time in the first 2 weeks in december as a treat for getting thru another hellish t-day and as a way of getting ready for x-mas hell ( yes i know its a sad thing when the holidays come around and all you can think about is how insanely slammed you will be at work ) so im wondering if anyone else here would like to join in and get the boat to ourselves???

i have never dove with them but have heard great things. so who wants to play?
Chin high, puffed chest, we step right to it
The choice is there ain't no choice but to pursue it

"Diving the gas is the easy part, not much to it, plenty of retards are using it safely. " jamieZ
DiverDown
I've Got Gills

Post by DiverDown »

I might be interested, as long as its not the same weekend of the HC trip..
Who run barter town?
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

If It's a Friday or Saturday or Sunday afternoon I would be interested as well. I have not done Bandito yet...

Can I suggest a Dive Site or two? I have yet to dive Sunrise, and of course hear it's awesome. It is tide dependent, and probably not a beginner dive, but doing it from a boat is much nicer from what I hear and I'd love it if one of our two or three dives could be Sunrise.

Anyone else?
Burntchef
I've Got Gills

Post by Burntchef »

when is the h/c trip? i will probably try to make the bandito trip mid week since getting off on the weekends is very tough for me, unless everyone else can only get it off then i will have to bribe my boss.

as far as the dives im not set on any location. so if yyou know of some hot spots let me know.

"Diving the gas is the easy part, not much to it, plenty of retards are using it safely. " jamieZ
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

I have dived at Sunrise and also with Bandito, but I don't believe Bandito takes divers to sunrise, though I'm not sure. Also, it is very current intensive - so you'll likely only get two dives there if you time it just right on a good day.

Sunrise is my favorite dive site in the area, btw.
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Calvin Tang wrote:I have dived at Sunrise and also with Bandito, but I don't believe Bandito takes divers to sunrise, though I'm not sure. Also, it is very current intensive - so you'll likely only get two dives there if you time it just right on a good day.

Sunrise is my favorite dive site in the area, btw.
NW Dive Club Weekend is Dec 8-10. Even if you can't get free on the weekend you ought to join Bassman and Myself (and Sparky and???) for a couple of morning dives at Sund Rock!

Midweek would work for me for a charter (Not Wednesday!), but I'm not sure how many others would be able to come, so that might make it hard to get enough for them to do a trip.

Does Bandito not do South Puget Sound? Even if we only got one dive at Sunrise (timing the tide) it would be great.
WylerBear
I've Got Gills

Post by WylerBear »

I've only been on Bandito 3 times but every time one of the dives is Sunrise, so yes, they do Sunrise, and apparently quite often. It is a fantastic dive and while it is possible to do it from shore, doing it from a boat is SOOOOO much nicer. Unless, of course, you have a couple of dive sherpas for the trip to and from the parking lot.
Georgia

NOT diving is NOT an option
Scubak
I've Got Gills

Post by Scubak »

When are you REALLY wanting to go? I think that Rick (Bandito) will take out the boat with a mininum of 6 divers on a week day and can do some weekends as well.
As for Sunrise...That depends on tides and currents...but if you let Rick know what sites you would like to do, Rick can let you know when would be a good time.
I'm up for a weekday dive ASAP!!!
Let me know...
Kirsten
"Let's go diving!"
Burntchef
I've Got Gills

Post by Burntchef »

i should be able to pick a more exact date by next week, and will start making calls to rick at that point.

Cera
Submariner

Post by Cera »

I would love to do bandito...I could do mid week. Let me know when, then Ill let you know if I can.
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES..... THEY ARE NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING ... BUT THEY STILL BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN YOU PUSH THEM DOWN A FLIGHT OF STAIRS

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cera17
Burntchef
I've Got Gills

Post by Burntchef »

cool cera, i will let you know when i know so you can know. wow am i lost

Scubak
I've Got Gills

Post by Scubak »

Hey,
any word yet on the charter?
K
"Let's go diving!"
Burntchef
I've Got Gills

Post by Burntchef »

no exact date yet, i will work on it tommorow at work and see what day looks good. it looks like the first week in december but most likely during the week as weekends off are not really a option for me.

Burntchef
I've Got Gills

Post by Burntchef »

so i have to aplogise for the delay on this trip, my schedule at work has been changing so much lately :angryfire: so i think i will wait it out a bit to book a trip, i would hate to book a trip and have everyone but me on the boat. ](*,)

DiverDown
I've Got Gills

Post by DiverDown »

There is going to be a "three tanker" on Dec22 fri. I am looking for a few more divers to fill the small boat. I think its only six or seven person boat. As of right now I have 3 spots filled..
Who run barter town?
Burntchef
I've Got Gills

Post by Burntchef »

way to close to the x-mas holiday for me to even attempt to ask for it off :angryfire: unless im looking to be laughed at for days #-o

Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

DiverDown wrote:There is going to be a "three tanker" on Dec22 fri. I am looking for a few more divers to fill the small boat. I think its only six or seven person boat. As of right now I have 3 spots filled..
I'm interested DD. What is the planned itinerary and cost?