clearwire?

This forum is for all other types of chatter, including non-SCUBA stuff.
thelawgoddess
Pelagic

clearwire?

Post by thelawgoddess »

do any of you use this or know of someone who does? it seems rather affordable. i don't have a home phone or cable, so i've been lacking good fast internet at my house and am wondering if this might be a good option. just curious how well it really works - particularly for portability ...
"Life without passion is life without depth."~J.Hollis
my FLICKR photo sets
Cera
Submariner

Post by Cera »

Is clearwire sprint??? I used sprint a few years ago because I was going to school and living in a 5th wheel... It really worked well, but at the time you had to pay by the MB! Needless to say it was very expensive back then. Now they have unlimited MB's and free wireless cards. It is really cool when traveling, it works anywhere cell phones work! If this isn't what you are talking about, I just wasted your time. #-o Ha ha...
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES..... THEY ARE NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING ... BUT THEY STILL BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN YOU PUSH THEM DOWN A FLIGHT OF STAIRS

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cera17
DiverDown
I've Got Gills

Post by DiverDown »

I have seen it it looks good. I thought it was only in Skagit County, I wish they would come down south.. I can only get dial-up.. ](*,)
Who run barter town?
claret
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

someone said...

Post by claret »

Hi LawGoddess! Here's some info that was circulating at work today...

"FYI:
I signed up for this service on Friday (the 1.5 mbps version) and so far, I like it. I haven’t tried online gaming yet- but in terms of general surfing, and downloading files, I have no complaints. I’ll answer questions if anyone is curious.

P.S.
However, if you are interested in getting this, I offer one warning:
I signed up for Clearwire at the Northgate Best Buy. Avoid that. The staff does not seem able to grasp how the service contract works (sign up in store, get modem in store, get billed in mail). The staff was ignorant and borderline antagonistic, and I had to call the Clearwire customer service to iron out what the hell was going on. I was so irritated by upon leaving Best Buy that I did not purchase the Tenacious D soundtrack I badly wanted, out of protest. That’s right, I was so annoyed by Best Buy I deprived myself of the Pick of Destiny just to deny them a sale. Sometimes, it hurts to stand up for what you believe in…"

-claret
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Thanks for the heads up Claret. I'm thinking about trying out this service too, so please let us know if you experience any issues with it.

The best part is you can now just use your new wireless sercive to avoid pimple faced morons at Best Buy altogether......

Jake
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Stupid double post. My bad.
nice-diver
Compulsive Diver

Post by nice-diver »

I am on it right now and seems quit fast. the payments are automatic and so far so good. may have problems picking up the signal depending on where you live but that could just be down here. It is supposed to be portable too, to take to a friends house, or out on the patio, or anywhere you can pick up a signal, you could post online with your drysuit still dripping
runamonk
Aquaphile

Post by runamonk »

My sister in law is using and so far she's loving it. I still have comcast gold but I really don't need as much speed as I'm getting. Although if we switch our service and something doesn't work my wife will have a coronary.
--
Ron Hines
Naui OW, AOW, Rescue, Nitrox