RIP: Pillsbury Doughboy

This forum is for all other types of chatter, including non-SCUBA stuff.
Sounder
I've Got Gills

RIP: Pillsbury Doughboy

Post by Sounder »

Please join me in remembering a great icon of the entertainment community. The Pillsbury Doughboy died yesterday of a yeast infection and trauma complications from repeated pokes in the belly. He was 71..

Doughboy was buried in a lightly greased coffin. Dozens of celebrities turned out to pay their respects, including Mrs. Butterworth, Hungry Jack, the California Raisins, Betty Crocker, the Hostess Twinkies, and Captain Crunch. The grave site was piled high with flours.

Aunt Jemima delivered the eulogy and lovingly described Doughboy as a man who never knew how much he was kneaded. Born and bread in Minnesota, Doughboy rose quickly in show business, but his later life was filled with turnovers. He was not considered a very smart cookie, wasting much of his dough on half- baked schemes. Despite being a little flaky at times, he still was a crusty old man and was considered a positive roll model for millions.

Doughboy is survived by his wife Play Dough, three children: John Dough, Jane Dough and Dosey Dough, plus they had one in the oven. He is also survived by his elderly father, Pop Tart.

The funeral was held at 3:50 for about 20 minutes.
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
Peter Guy
Compulsive Diver

Re: RIP: Pillsbury Doughboy

Post by Peter Guy »

Doug -- how much did you have AFTER the UA game?

Tears streaming down my face.

Very good thing I wasn't drinking anything or else you would owe me a new screen and keyboard!
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Peter Guy wrote:Doug -- how much did you have AFTER the UA game?
Not much at all... I went to sleep crying as my hopes and dreams of my beloved Wildcats' performance in a bowl game was shattered without mercy.
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
Scuba Scott
Aquaphile

Post by Scuba Scott »

Now that is a great post. Everyone was laughing as I read it out loud. I bet there will be an investigation due to the white powder found all over his face and on his sheets.
Life can be short and dives even shorter. Time off work will put it all in perspective.

http://www.waterproofdecks.blogspot.com