Um...er...well... My name is Lowell

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
Huskychemist
Dive-aholic

Um...er...well... My name is Lowell

Post by Huskychemist »

And I'm addicted to diving.

Well, there are a few names I recognize on here...

Thanks John and Calvin for giving the "pre-introduction" for me on Tim's welcome thread...hehehe.

For the folks that don't know me...

I got certified last September at UWS in Federal Way, and was stupid...er...smart enough to start diving with Tim (coachrenz). My first dive post-certification was with him on his small boat. (Remember, the first part of my name has double-meaning.) Well, after I did a very graceful giant stride into the water, I realized my weight belt was around my ankles. Not good. So I managed to get back onto the boat and get things solved, then get back into the water for the dive. I haven't stopped since. Last weekend at three tree was dive 100. I am also an aspiring underwater photographer, inspired by some of you here (wolfeel, grateful diver, and others like JanK). I'm a REEF Critter Watcher, and have advanced to Level 5 as a surveyor and am part of the Advanced Assessment Team. (While AAT is a good acronym, I was hoping we'd be called the Advanced Scuba Surveyors! I like to cite my sources...so that joke was inspired by Milton Love.) I like to see pictures from dives, and I like to share my own pictures, both on boards like this, and on my webpage.

I knew I was addicted to diving when I got home last spring from a two-tank night dive at around 1 AM and took an hour and a half to log the dive, check out my dive profile from my computer, and try to ID every picture I took. (Wait...every picture that actually turned out...)

I've been known to ramble...so I'll share one more story. I did my first night dive last fall with Tim at Redondo sometime in October. I'd dove Redondo maybe 8 times already. Well, we dropped in under the pilings...I gave Tim the OK sign, and we headed down to find the pipe. Then, right under the pilings was a sailfin sculpin. First time ever seeing one. Then, down by the pipe, a grunt sculpin. First time ever seeing one. Then over by the two boats...there was a nice big red octo having the crab special for dinner. First time ever seeing one. It's hard to smile with a regulator in your mouth! So we finished our dive...and as we're taking our fins off under the pilings, my first words to Tim were, "So...why do we dive during the day?"

Thanks for listening. You've been great.
Happy Diving!

Lowell, aka Huskychemist

http://scuba.huskychemist.org
John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Post by John Rawlings »

Hey there, Lowell!

About TIME you showed up here! When Tim appeared I figured it was only a matter of time. :partyman:

Congratulations on your new critter sightings!!!!!

- John
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

http://www.advanceddivermagazine.com
http://johnrawlings.smugmug.com/
diver-dad
Compulsive Diver

Post by diver-dad »

Lowell -
Glad you made it - there's a great bunch of people here!
From your intro, sounds like you're doing great!
Looking forward to splashing with you some time.
Take care!
- DD

"Always do right -- this will gratify some and astonish the rest."
-Mark Twain
Cera
Submariner

Post by Cera »

Hi Lowell [in unison].. you have come to the right place [warm smile from therapist] everyone here also has a diving 'addiction problem' and carpal tunnel syndrome to match! [shaking head] Its contagious here in the PNW..... #-o
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES..... THEY ARE NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING ... BUT THEY STILL BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN YOU PUSH THEM DOWN A FLIGHT OF STAIRS

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cera17
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Welcome Lowell!
Sasquatch
Compulsive Diver

Post by Sasquatch »

Hi ya, Lowell. Glad you made it over to this forum. I've enjoyed many of your posts on SB.

Sea ya!
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.
Zen Diver
DAN Ambassador

Post by Zen Diver »

Lowell! I echo John's sentiment, it's about time you made it here!

-Valerie \:D/
nwscubamom
I've Got Gills

Post by nwscubamom »

What she said :)

And a BIG welcome to one of my favorite Tunicator Terminators! :)

- Janna :)
Janna Nichols
My underwater photo galleries
REEF Citizen Science Program Manager
Seen any cool critters lately?
><((((°>
-----------------------------
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

nwscubamom wrote:
Tunicator Terminators! :)

- Janna :)
Ah, another T-Shirt in the making... Picture Ahnold beating on a patch of Tunicates with a shovel in scuba gear... :axe: I'd buy one! \:D/ although the potential buying target audience wouldn't be very large.

It seems like a see a possible T-Shirt slogan or three every time I log onto NW DiveClub. I need to start a company or else get paid massive $$ to be a creative consultant! :book:
Zen Diver
DAN Ambassador

Post by Zen Diver »

I don't know, it sounds like a distinctive specialty to me: "Tunicate Terminator Diver"

-Valerie
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

T-shirts could help raise money for the cause! So many shirts, so little time.
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Welcome Lowell!
Night dive at Redondo Huh?
I haven't done that yet, sounds fun!
I love the night diving at Three tree, I need to do that one more too.

Hope to meet / dive with you soon! :supz: