3TN 010710

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
cardiver
I've Got Gills

3TN 010710

Post by cardiver »

Had a great dive this evening with Jeff and James at 3TN. Viz was about 15 fsw and we saw 6-7 baby reds, two grunts, two war bonnets, and a baby snail fish. I'd love to post pics but for the SECOND TIME in a week I put my camera in the housing backwards........ I really need to quit getting my gear ready in the dark!
-Ron T.
"When I'm 80 I'll take up real diving, which is done in a pub..." Ray Ives.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
https://www.facebook.com/RETOPPPHOTOGRAPHY
pogiguy05
I've Got Gills

Re: 3TN 010710

Post by pogiguy05 »

Definitely a great dive as Ron described. I thought I had heard what sounded like Ron saying "not again!!!" and then he pointed out his camera housing. :rofl: OH and yes he seen so many critters on this dive, yet none to show.
Attachments
DSC00305.JPG
DSC00312.JPG
DSC00307.JPG
DSC00310.JPG
DSC00292.JPG
DSC00316.JPG
DSC00314.JPG
DSC00320.JPG
Jeff Castor
cardiver
I've Got Gills

Post by cardiver »

Nice pics, Jeff. You're getting the hang of that camera! Where is the snail fish pic?
-Ron T.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
pogiguy05
I've Got Gills

Post by pogiguy05 »

HUH
Attachments
This one Ron?
This one Ron?
Jeff Castor
cardiver
I've Got Gills

Post by cardiver »

pogiguy05 wrote:HUH
That pink little fish that I told you to get closer to. The pic with my glove in the backround........
-Ron T.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
cardiver
I've Got Gills

Post by cardiver »

Yep!
-Ron T.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
pogiguy05
I've Got Gills

Post by pogiguy05 »

cardiver wrote:
That pink little fish that I told you to get closer to. The pic with my glove in the backround........
I cut your finger out of the pic. :jason:
Jeff Castor
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

cardiver wrote: I put my camera in the housing backwards........
Again?!? Man you're lucky you haven't flooded it! Sheesh, you've been hanging around me too much... :axe:

Sounds like you guys had a great dive! I'm thinking that night dives are the ticket for critters in the wintertime.
cardiver wrote:Viz was about 15 fsw
It also sounds like our recent spate of wonderful Winter viz has taken a hiatus... here's hoping it returns before too long.
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
airsix
I've Got Gills

Post by airsix »

Jeff, those are great pictures. Please keep them coming.
"The place looked like a washing machine full of Josh's carharts. I was not into it." --Sockmonkey
DiverBob
Compulsive Diver

Post by DiverBob »

Nice pics Jeff! The small Red in the bottle is great! Ron, you best put that camera in the proper way for DIW. :tappingfoot:
Life is good, let's dive!!
pogiguy05
I've Got Gills

Post by pogiguy05 »

Well I think we all know the trick..... take alot of pics and keep the good ones. :angelblue:
Jeff Castor
mancub
Dive-aholic

Post by mancub »

Thanks for the report.

I believe my three buddies and I ran into you guys as you were exiting, we were entering the water. I drive the white ranger and they were in an expedition. We didn't see any little reds, but we did see some nice GPOs, 2 or 3 further right. And my buddy claims he saw a juvenile wolfie. Alas, two of the four of us have cameras and failed to bring them. Sorry no pics from me yet again.

Jacob
pogiguy05
I've Got Gills

Post by pogiguy05 »

Jacob not sure if that was us. We were there from 4pm to 6pmish and when we were there no one else was there. Unless my old eyes and brain fooled me. :rawlings:
Jeff Castor
gutholmj
Perma Narc'd

Post by gutholmj »

Really nice. I new say any of those octopus that were in the bottles. I posted a few more pictures from the same dive in the photography section.
http://www.nwdiveclub.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=10789
"Well as much as this pains me I am gonna have to pull out" - pogiguy05
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Jeff, nice camera work! =D> Ron, nice work #-o I see your keeping our "Three Tree Curse", alive and well. Oh well, I've done much worse there and you can confirm that, because you have been there about every time I've encountered "The Curse".
It still wont stop me from diving there.
Guess what? After all of the attempts to keep Mrs. Bassman entertained on a Thursday, She decided at 3:00 pm that she did not feel good and did not want to go out, so she said to me, "Go diving, I'm going to take a nap." WHAT? :yipes: My tanks were empty!
So I rushed down to UWS to get a couple of fills. I thought I would just come for a second dive with you guys at Three Tree.
But then I saw there was a group from UWS meeting up at Lobstershop Wall at 6:00pm, so as it was closer, I decided to do a dive with them. I got to meet and dive with Domer Down. Had a nice, deep, dive there and will do it again some day. Not many critters to see but it was fun to finally do a Lobstershop Wall dive and Domer Down was a great guide to show me the do's and don'ts of that particular dive. Thanks Domer Down! :highfive:
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
cardiver
I've Got Gills

Post by cardiver »

BASSMAN wrote:Jeff, nice camera work! =D> Ron, nice work #-o I see your keeping our "Three Tree Curse", alive and well. Oh well, I've done much worse there and you can confirm that, because you have been there about every time I've encountered "The Curse".
It still wont stop me from diving there.
Guess what? After all of the attempts to keep Mrs. Bassman entertained on a Thursday, She decided at 3:00 pm that she did not feel good and did not want to go out, so she said to me, "Go diving, I'm going to take a nap." WHAT? :yipes: My tanks were empty!
So I rushed down to UWS to get a couple of fills. I thought I would just come for a second dive with you guys at Three Tree.
But then I saw there was a group from UWS meeting up at Lobstershop Wall at 6:00pm, so as it was closer, I decided to do a dive with them. I got to meet and dive with Domer Down. Had a nice, deep, dive there and will do it again some day. Not many critters to see but it was fun to finally do a Lobstershop Wall dive and Domer Down was a great guide to show me the do's and don'ts of that particular dive. Thanks Domer Down! :highfive:
Traitor! :rocket:
-Ron T.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
pogiguy05
I've Got Gills

Post by pogiguy05 »

I agree with Ron :tappingfoot: :stick: :snipersmiley: KEITH :penelope:
Jeff Castor
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

cardiver wrote: Traitor! :rocket:
:neener:
Hey, I didn't read anything about a second dive!
So,
Considdering the law of averages, concerning a 2nd dive at Three Tree N, on a Thursday night starting after 3:30pm ...?

I didn't want to take a chance of showing up with no one to dive with. #-o :lalala:
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
cardiver
I've Got Gills

Post by cardiver »

BASSMAN wrote:
So,
Considdering the law of averages, concerning a 2nd dive at Three Tree N, on a Thursday night starting after 3:30pm ...?

I didn't want to take a chance of showing up with no one to dive with. #-o :lalala:
There's this crazy new invention called a cell phone. Don't know if you have one yet, and they probably wont catch on.......... :stickwhack:
-Ron T.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
pogiguy05
I've Got Gills

Post by pogiguy05 »

cardiver wrote:
BASSMAN wrote:
So,

There's this crazy new invention called a cell phone. Don't know if you have one yet, and they probably wont catch on.......... :stickwhack:

:thankyouyellow: :bounceline: :neener: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Jeff Castor
Gooch
Submariner

Post by Gooch »

Really nice pix...I HAVE to get out to 3T soon ;) The grunt sculpin is very nice. Plus- how adorable are baby octos?
http://nwdivers.me/blog/ Original articles and dive reports from local divers in the Vancouver, WA area. Suggestions for stories or your own reports are welcome!