FS Argon Fill Station

No commercial posts, please. Individual divers only.
Aquanautchuck
Pelagic

FS Argon Fill Station

Post by Aquanautchuck »

Here is a chance for you to own your own Argon Fill Station at home. I bought it from another board member 4 or 5 years ago. It has been great to have and been well worth it. But I no longer dive 50 dives a year and need more room for my new hobby, furniture making. It takes almost as many WU's (Woodworking units) as SU's (Scuba Units). It comes complete with a newly filled owned 90% full T-300 bottle, gage's, hydraulic cylinder, hoses and whips. I am into it for $450 and that is what I want to get out of it. You can pay with Pay Pal (you pay the fees) or cash.

Thanks
Attachments
Argon 2.jpg
Argon 3.jpg
Argon 1.jpg
Last edited by Aquanautchuck on Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Charles
Raydar
Dive-aholic

Re: FS Argon Fill Station

Post by Raydar »

What does it use for drive air? Separate scuba tank?
Purveyor of crack ;)
Aquanautchuck
Pelagic

Post by Aquanautchuck »

Air Driven. I only used it when the big bottle got down to about 1000 pounds. I dive with a lp 14 Argon tank and can get several dives out of 1000 lbs. I just use my hp tank after diving to drive the booster. Worked for me. I get a full T bottle for only $94.00 and it lasts a long time before I have to boost.
Charles
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

That jeff's old argon booster setup. I modeled mine after seeing his. Works pretty good but uses alot of drive gas once the supply gets down around 500psi esp if you are boosting to 3k in an AL6. His cylinder is slightly different size than mine but I need 2200psi in the drive tank to make 3K in the destination bottle. Very happy with mine.
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
Waynne Fowler
I've Got Gills

Post by Waynne Fowler »

PM me I'd like to take a look at it... I'm almost positive I'll take it off your hands... looks like a nice tidey little set up.
Ripper of drysuits, mocker of divers...there are no atheist divers in a mistimed Deception Pass dive. Jeremy
Aquanautchuck
Pelagic

Post by Aquanautchuck »

CaptnJack wrote:That jeff's old argon booster setup. I modeled mine after seeing his. Works pretty good but uses alot of drive gas once the supply gets down around 500psi esp if you are boosting to 3k in an AL6. His cylinder is slightly different size than mine but I need 2200psi in the drive tank to make 3K in the destination bottle. Very happy with mine.
You are right, I remember having to drive all the way to his home from Portland to get it. If I recall he was moving to Bermuda or something like that. I have upgraded a few things, some new HP gage's, HP fittings and such. Having a LP argon bottle really helps not having to boost to much. If I recall I got the tank from Jeff with 600 lbs, used it up, got a refill and just this August had to get a new refill. Sure saved me a ton of money. Down here they charge like $8 or $9 for a fill and they do not boost.
Last edited by Aquanautchuck on Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Charles
Aquanautchuck
Pelagic

Post by Aquanautchuck »

Waynne Fowler wrote:PM me I'd like to take a look at it... I'm almost positive I'll take it off your hands... looks like a nice tidey little set up.
PM sent. First come first served.
Charles
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

Aquanautchuck wrote:
CaptnJack wrote:That jeff's old argon booster setup. I modeled mine after seeing his. Works pretty good but uses alot of drive gas once the supply gets down around 500psi esp if you are boosting to 3k in an AL6. His cylinder is slightly different size than mine but I need 2200psi in the drive tank to make 3K in the destination bottle. Very happy with mine.
You are right, I remember having to drive all the way to his home from Portland to get it. If I recall he was moving to Bermuda or something like that. I have upgraded a few things, some new HP gage's, HP fittings and such. Having a LP argon bottle really helps not having to boost to much. If I recall I got the tank from Jeff with 600 lbs, used it up, got a refill and just this August had to get a new refill. Sure saved me a ton of money. Down here they charge like $8 or $9 for a fill and they do not boost.
Puerto Rico with his wife Katrina. He still logs in here occasionally.

I'm pretty sure its originally derived from Oxyhacker's book on boosters (which I don't own). After a couple of years and way more boosting than you I finally had to replace the seals in my cylinder. I have mine lubed with Dow 111 but they really aren't meant to be run dry. Took me awhile to find and order new seals from a hydraulic place in Kent but they only cost about $8. All in all its a good design, esp if you have an lp argon bottle or can make due with <3k fills in a 13cf bottle.

I have a 2nd hydraulic cylinder to make mine run on drive gas off a lp shop compressor. But with moving and all this fall haven't built the steel frame to get it setup yet.
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
Waynne Fowler
I've Got Gills

Post by Waynne Fowler »

CaptnJack wrote: I have a 2nd hydraulic cylinder to make mine run on drive gas off a lp shop compressor. But with moving and all this fall haven't built the steel frame to get it setup yet.
There's a nice idea...
I'm curious... do you go by Rjack on other boards?
Ripper of drysuits, mocker of divers...there are no atheist divers in a mistimed Deception Pass dive. Jeremy
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

Waynne Fowler wrote:
CaptnJack wrote: I have a 2nd hydraulic cylinder to make mine run on drive gas off a lp shop compressor. But with moving and all this fall haven't built the steel frame to get it setup yet.
There's a nice idea...
I'm curious... do you go by Rjack on other boards?
Yup, same fella. Never bothered to try and consolidate my screen names.

The oxyhacker book has plans to make one similar to mine and Jeff's and various other types of mods. You won't make it cheaper than $450 tho, the owner T (300cf) cylinder is worth $300+ alone.
Aquanautchuck
Pelagic

Post by Aquanautchuck »

Sold.
Charles
Jeff Kruse
Compulsive Diver

Post by Jeff Kruse »

IIRC I think I had extra seals for it. Did I give them to you? If not I will look when I get home tonight to see if I still have them.

No argon needed down here! We had a 90 minute dive Saturday and the water was 81 degrees.
Waynne Fowler
I've Got Gills

Post by Waynne Fowler »

Thanks Charles... got the system home last night, hooked it up and boosted my first 6cf with it..... flawless!

It was a pleasure doing business with you Charles and nice to put a face to a name here...

CaptnJack.. I thought that was you... your writing style gives you away but was never really certain till this thread as I seem to recall you posting about your station on TDS dot com or some such place....

I look forward to many many good warm cozy dives with this new pump.....

Thanks again Charles