Owens Beach Barge

Discuss Team Diving here.
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Owens Beach Barge

Post by CaptnJack »

Scootering Sunday jan 31st if folks wanna jump in. Splash is at 12:15 pm sharp so pls arrive at Point Definance/Owens Beach around 11pm.

100ft dive so doubles of 32% are appropriate.

EDITED splash best to look at the 2010 current tables not 2009!
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
BDub
I've Got Gills

Re: Owens Beach Barge

Post by BDub »

CaptnJack wrote:Scootering Sunday jan 31st if folks wanna jump in. Splash is at 12:15 pm sharp so pls arrive at Point Definance/Owens Beach around 11pm.
11pm?!?!?!? How long does it take you to gear up, buddy? :smt064
http://www.frogkickdiving.com/

"It's a lot easier when you're not doing it" - CaseyB449

"There needs to be more strawberry condoms. Just not on my regulator" - DSteding
defied
I've Got Gills

Post by defied »

Rofl!

D(B)
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

BDub wrote:
CaptnJack wrote:Scootering Sunday jan 31st if folks wanna jump in. Splash is at 12:15 pm sharp so pls arrive at Point Definance/Owens Beach around 11pm.
I'm used to diving with you!!!

15mins late followed by
15mins of polack jokes
15mins of pee valve jokes
THEN
30mins to get in the water
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
cardiver
I've Got Gills

Post by cardiver »

CaptnJack wrote:
BDub wrote:

15mins late followed by
15mins of polack jokes
THEN
11pm to 1215 pm is 13 hours and 15 minutes........ :computersmash:
-Ron T.
"When I'm 80 I'll take up real diving, which is done in a pub..." Ray Ives.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
https://www.facebook.com/RETOPPPHOTOGRAPHY
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

cardiver wrote:
CaptnJack wrote:
BDub wrote:

15mins late followed by
15mins of polack jokes
THEN
11pm to 1215 pm is 13 hours and 15 minutes........ :computersmash:
Good point, maybe I was thinking Lynne & Peter were in town :geek:
Kirby
Aquaphile

Post by Kirby »

Does anyone know the heading to the second barge from the first, I have found it by accident 3 times and missed it completely 3 times. Its at about 130-140 ft and thats a lot of ground since its pretty flat out there and a long way out. Last time there saw two wolf eels and a gpo. Nice destination if you catch slack, impossible nav with any current since its a small target.

Kirby
Hi, My name is Kirby, and I am addicted to Nitrogen Narcosis.
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

Wish I did. I will look for it on the depth sounder next time I have the boat down there.
boydski
Submariner

Post by boydski »

Kirby wrote:Does anyone know the heading to the second barge from the first, I have found it by accident 3 times and missed it completely 3 times. Its at about 130-140 ft and thats a lot of ground since its pretty flat out there and a long way out. Last time there saw two wolf eels and a gpo. Nice destination if you catch slack, impossible nav with any current since its a small target.
It sounds like you are talking about the Martina, which is a LONG swim from the barge in about 140' of water at higher tides. The 30 ton oil scow burned and sank in 1953. We usually drop in at the Martina and then make the long swim up hill to the barge, which is a much larger target and easier to find.
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

CaptnJack wrote:
BDub wrote:

15mins late followed by
15mins of polack jokes
THEN
You forgot TWSS!

I really wish I could join you guys for this one. Hopefully I'll be back in the water for the next such dive ](*,)
"The She-Ps didn't work for either one of us, however- we accidently glued one to Dan's cat, and the other one ended up in a DEA evidence locker somehow." - Joshua Smith
Kirby
Aquaphile

Post by Kirby »

I found it the last time while wandering by spotting the school of fish that hang around it. Great place to find downrigger balls, got 3 off of it so far. Thanks for the info, didn't know it was a wreck. I can add that to my list of wreck dives I've been on.

The one time I found it on purpose I went straight out from the barge and took a left at the appropriate depth, not too far off that track.

Kirby
Hi, My name is Kirby, and I am addicted to Nitrogen Narcosis.
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

Hat's off to those of you <swimming> out here. It was a fun scooter ride but swimming would not have been fun for me. Lots of cool nudis and red irish lords galore with ~25-30ft vis this afternoon. Barge is alot smaller than I expected.
BDub
I've Got Gills

Post by BDub »

CaptnJack wrote:Hat's off to those of you <swimming> out here. It was a fun scooter ride but swimming would not have been fun for me. Lots of cool nudis and red irish lords galore with ~25-30ft vis this afternoon. Barge is alot smaller than I expected.
Would not have been fun?!?! Would not have been possible on the way back!

Agreed, was smaller than what I expected (that's what she said), but was fun nonetheless. Definitely worth doing
http://www.frogkickdiving.com/

"It's a lot easier when you're not doing it" - CaseyB449

"There needs to be more strawberry condoms. Just not on my regulator" - DSteding
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

BDub wrote:
CaptnJack wrote:Hat's off to those of you <swimming> out here. It was a fun scooter ride but swimming would not have been fun for me. Lots of cool nudis and red irish lords galore with ~25-30ft vis this afternoon. Barge is alot smaller than I expected.
Would not have been fun?!?! Would not have been possible on the way back!
I've got bigger balls.

Downrigger people jeesh