hose lengths - bungied reg and wing inflator

General topics about technical diving.
spatman
I've Got Gills

hose lengths - bungied reg and wing inflator

Post by spatman »

what lengths do most of you guys use for your bungied reg and wing inflator with your doubles rigs?

my wing is a DSS which has a shorter corrugated hose than others i've seen, so that will make a difference i'm sure...
Burntchef
I've Got Gills

Re: hose lengths - bungied reg and wing inflator

Post by Burntchef »

spatman wrote:what lengths do most of you guys use for your bungied reg and wing inflator with your doubles rigs?

my wing is a DSS which has a shorter corrugated hose than others i've seen, so that will make a difference i'm sure...
i think i may have some hoses for you, will check tomorrow.
Chin high, puffed chest, we step right to it
The choice is there ain't no choice but to pursue it

"Diving the gas is the easy part, not much to it, plenty of retards are using it safely. " jamieZ
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Burntchef wrote:
spatman wrote:what lengths do most of you guys use for your bungied reg and wing inflator with your doubles rigs?

i think i may have some hoses for you, will check tomorrow.
lol, you'll have to fedex that sh!t to get it here before we both leave! lemme know, though, and we can figure something out.
BDub
I've Got Gills

Post by BDub »

My backup hose is 22"

LPI as needed. I have very short corrugated hoses as well (~13"). My lpi is 19-20"
http://www.frogkickdiving.com/

"It's a lot easier when you're not doing it" - CaseyB449

"There needs to be more strawberry condoms. Just not on my regulator" - DSteding
Burntchef
I've Got Gills

Post by Burntchef »

BDub wrote: I have very short corrugated hoses as well (~13").
under 13 is still movie making quality dude, but if its corugated thats a whole different kind of fetish. maybe the overseas markets would be into it.

"Diving the gas is the easy part, not much to it, plenty of retards are using it safely. " jamieZ
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

:laughing3:
lol, nice one, howard!
BDub wrote:My backup hose is 22"

LPI as needed. I have very short corrugated hoses as well (~13"). My lpi is 19-20"
good to know. currently i have a 21" lpi, and a 26" backup hose. i've ben using a 22" backup hose on my singles rig.
BDub
I've Got Gills

Post by BDub »

spatman wrote::laughing3:
lol, nice one, howard!
BDub wrote:My backup hose is 22"

good to know. currently i have a 21" lpi, and a 26" backup hose. i've ben using a 22" backup hose on my singles rig.
24" is fine too. If you use a 22" on singles rig, you may want to try a 24" on your doubles. In fact, when you used Jeanna's regs a couple of weeks ago, that was a 22" backup hose, IIRC. That was too short for you.

22" hoses work well if your using a MK25 with an lp port on the bottom. With your DST's you may like a 24" better.

I go back and forth on my doubles. 24" tends to be a bit long. 22" is just about right or a tad short.
Last edited by BDub on Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"There needs to be more strawberry condoms. Just not on my regulator" - DSteding
BDub
I've Got Gills

Post by BDub »

Burntchef wrote:
under 13 is still movie making quality dude, but if its corugated thats a whole different kind of fetish. maybe the overseas markets would be into it.
Hey, you've got to carve your own niche!

Burntchef
I've Got Gills

Post by Burntchef »

BDub wrote:
Burntchef wrote:
what ever it takes to pay for those helium bills i understand.

CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

Burntchef wrote:
BDub wrote:
Burntchef wrote:
what ever it takes to pay for those helium bills i understand.
TWSS!!
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

My previous rig had a 26" LP hose for the bungee'd reg, it was too long, tended to push the reg towards my left shoulder and I got the long hose hung up a time or two. I put a 22" hose on my DST, I could turn my head to the left just fine, no huge dumbo ear out to my right anymore, and the reg hangs right in the center where it's supposed to. The LPI hose length is really going to depend on your corrugated hose length.
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Nwbrewer wrote:My previous rig had a 26" LP hose for the bungee'd reg, it was too long, tended to push the reg towards my left shoulder and I got the long hose hung up a time or two. I put a 22" hose on my DST, I could turn my head to the left just fine, no huge dumbo ear out to my right anymore, and the reg hangs right in the center where it's supposed to. The LPI hose length is really going to depend on your corrugated hose length.
you're referring to the hose lengths on your singles rig, correct?

i have a 22" on my singles' backup reg, and it's perfect. but on doubles, the backup reg is run from the left post so 22" is too short for me, as evidenced by having that reg under my right ear when i borrowed jeanna's regs a couple weeks ago... so i'm going to put on a 26" that i'll try for a while. if it's too long, i'll replace it with a 24".
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

spatman wrote:
Nwbrewer wrote:My previous rig had a 26" LP hose for the bungee'd reg, it was too long, tended to push the reg towards my left shoulder and I got the long hose hung up a time or two. I put a 22" hose on my DST, I could turn my head to the left just fine, no huge dumbo ear out to my right anymore, and the reg hangs right in the center where it's supposed to. The LPI hose length is really going to depend on your corrugated hose length.
you're referring to the hose lengths on your singles rig, correct?

i have a 22" on my singles' backup reg, and it's perfect. but on doubles, the backup reg is run from the left post so 22" is too short for me, as evidenced by having that reg under my right ear when i borrowed jeanna's regs a couple weeks ago... so i'm going to put on a 26" that i'll try for a while. if it's too long, i'll replace it with a 24".
Seriously that's what I get for posting before my coffee. My bad, yes it's my singles. You have a DST correct? What about - http://www.apeks.co.uk/products/product ... t%20Stages
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Nwbrewer wrote:You have a DST correct? What about - http://www.apeks.co.uk/products/product ... t%20Stages
i have that page bookmarked. that's definitely a possibility if i decide to continue using the DSTs for the doubles.
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

My doubles regs are DSTs and I use a 24" hose for backup. On my singles rig (ATX200) I use a 22"er. My LPI is too long ever since I started using an Oxycheq doubles wing with a really short corrugated hose. I really need to get a more appropriate lenght one...
"The She-Ps didn't work for either one of us, however- we accidently glued one to Dan's cat, and the other one ended up in a DEA evidence locker somehow." - Joshua Smith
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Mattleycrue76 wrote:My doubles regs are DSTs and I use a 24" hose for backup. On my singles rig (ATX200) I use a 22"er.
thanks, matt. that helps. i think we're roughly the same height.

well, a 26" will have to do for hawaii. sounds like i'll probably have to pick up a 24" when i get back...