Northwest Sports Divers moving to Mill Creek!

General banter about diving and why we love it.
John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Northwest Sports Divers moving to Mill Creek!

Post by John Rawlings »

Since I'm a Mill Creek guy, imagine my excitement when I read today on another thread that Northwest Sports Divers is moving from Kenmore to Mill Creek, with their new shop scheduled to open March 1st! That'll place them in a better position to fill the needs of "North-end" divers that have recently been whacked by the recent closing of SPD and UWS Everett, plus give us folks in the North even better access to a great source for tech gear and support.

I just looked at the map that is on the NWSD website and it's going to be located in a small plaza just off the 164th Street exit off of I-5 (the Wal-Mart exit). In that same plaza is a car stereo store, a cigar shop, and a thriving Pub.....so with the addition of NWSD it will be the shopping equivalent of the Spike channel on TV!

I'm really looking forward to having a dive shop with a minute of my house! :metal:

- John
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

http://www.advanceddivermagazine.com
http://johnrawlings.smugmug.com/
Jaksonbrown
Amphibian

Re: Northwest Sports Divers moving to Mill Creek!

Post by Jaksonbrown »

John Rawlings wrote:Since I'm a Mill Creek guy, imagine my excitement when I read today on another thread that Northwest Sports Divers is moving from Kenmore to Mill Creek, with their new shop scheduled to open March 1st! That'll place them in a better position to fill the needs of "North-end" divers that have recently been whacked by the recent closing of SPD and UWS Everett, plus give us folks in the North even better access to a great source for tech gear and support.

I just looked at the map that is on the NWSD website and it's going to be located in a small plaza just off the 164th Street exit off of I-5 (the Wal-Mart exit). In that same plaza is a car stereo store, a cigar shop, and a thriving Pub.....so with the addition of NWSD it will be the shopping equivalent of the Spike channel on TV!

I'm really looking forward to having a dive shop with a minute of my house! :metal:

- John
Amen brother!

Did you say that there is a bar next to the dive shop??? Somebody wake me up!!!!!

:breakdance: :breakdance:
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

That's a great location! Matt should do well there ... it'll provide better access for north enders and better parking for customers.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/
scottsax
I've Got Gills

Post by scottsax »

Better parking! Yay!!!

And now, I can pay Matt in beer!
I'm going to look like a moose on rollerskates. -airsix
... my Mom caught me fenestrating once. -lavachickie
And I get so tired of fainting and peeing all over myself when the hammer falls on an empty chamber! -Nailer

Want to know where I'm performing? Check out my Facebook fan page!
dsteding
I've Got Gills

Post by dsteding »

Great move Matt, from what John says, sounds like a good niche to fill. And, I bet it is faster for us Seattle types, simply because we don't have to navigate to Kenmore.

Lynne and Peter are gonna have to drive a bit further. But, Lynne, make Peter do it because he's retired.
Fishstiq wrote:
To clarify.........

I cannot stress enough that this is MY PROBLEM.
John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Post by John Rawlings »

From Seattle you'd just drive North on I-5 and take the 164th St exit, the one immediately after the I-405 interchange with I-5. once you've gotten off the freeway, if you aren't walking into the front door of NWSD within 2 or 3 minutes it's because you dawdled or stopped somewhere else! It's that easy!
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

http://www.advanceddivermagazine.com
http://johnrawlings.smugmug.com/
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Jaksonbrown wrote:Did you say that there is a bar next to the dive shop??? Somebody wake me up!!!!!

Yeah, but I heard it was kind of seedy and run down. You know, kind of a dive.
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Chris Borgen
Compulsive Diver

Post by Chris Borgen »

Yeah, but I heard it was kind of seedy and run down. You know, kind of a dive.[/quote]

Haha thats the good ol' 13th ave pub for ya!!
Maritime Documentation Society
http://www.maritimedocumentation.org
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Joshua Smith wrote:
Jaksonbrown wrote:Did you say that there is a bar next to the dive shop??? Somebody wake me up!!!!!

he'll be here all night, folks, and don't forget to tip your waitress.
mattwave
Amphibian

Post by mattwave »

Thanks again everyone for the kind wishes and as John stated very easy to get to, and yes Josh it's kind of a dive, but actually clean for a seedy bar and the food and beer was pretty good there, plus it beats the gas station and taco wagon. To answer some other questions, I have the heads for my big compressor being serviced and should have that up and running by the 17th, we will use that to pump gas while we are setting up at new location, once that is setup, the big compressor goes on the market for a great price on a truly awesome compressor, just a little too loud for new location, plan is to run 2 identical compressors at new location. If all goes to plan, there shouldn't be a single day of downtime. (Crossing Fingers)
I will be sure to get Peter a session at the Tokyo Spa to make up for his extra Drive. :partydance:

Once again, thanks for the kind words.
"Scuba Like You Love It!"
Let's go diving
loanwolf
Pelagic

Post by loanwolf »

mattwave wrote:Thanks again everyone for the kind wishes and as John stated very easy to get to, and yes Josh it's kind of a dive, but actually clean for a seedy bar and the food and beer was pretty good there, plus it beats the gas station and taco wagon. To answer some other questions, I have the heads for my big compressor being serviced and should have that up and running by the 17th, we will use that to pump gas while we are setting up at new location, once that is setup, the big compressor goes on the market for a great price on a truly awesome compressor, just a little too loud for new location, plan is to run 2 identical compressors at new location. If all goes to plan, there shouldn't be a single day of downtime. (Crossing Fingers)
I will be sure to get Peter a session at the Tokyo Spa to make up for his extra Drive. :partydance:

Once again, thanks for the kind words.
So is the bar going to help the waist line better than the gas station and taco wagon? :angelblue:

I dont think it is going to help the customers now we are going to have to wory about a DUI when we get tanks filled. :geek:
Greg
Life is Short do as Much as Possible in as Short of Period of Time as Possible.
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

Great news on no down time!

Outside of the afternoon rush, it may be almost a wash on time to get up there, compared with driving through Bothell. We'll see. The one thing that's certain is that whatever the drive is, I'll be doing it.

And now, when we get out of the water, we can take the tanks back and THEN have our beers :)
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

loanwolf wrote:So is the bar going to help the waist line better than the gas station and taco wagon? :angelblue:

I dont think it is going to help the customers now we are going to have to wory about a DUI when we get tanks filled. :geek:
... not if you remember which tank you went there to fill up ... :mmmbeer:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

mattwave wrote:Thanks again everyone for the kind wishes and as John stated very easy to get to, and yes Josh it's kind of a dive, but actually clean for a seedy bar and the food and beer was pretty good there ...
So the relevent question is ...

... do they serve Mac & Jack's ???

:occasion5:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

LCF wrote:Great news on no down time!

Outside of the afternoon rush, it may be almost a wash on time to get up there, compared with driving through Bothell. We'll see. The one thing that's certain is that whatever the drive is, I'll be doing it.

And now, when we get out of the water, we can take the tanks back and THEN have our beers :)
Yeah, N on 405 in the afternoon is NOT fun. Luckily I'll be on my way home that time of day. Lynne I think hwy9 may be better if you need to get up there in the afternoon.
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
Jaksonbrown
Amphibian

Post by Jaksonbrown »

Joshua Smith wrote:

Perfect! My kind of place! This just gets better and better!
Octoloco
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Octoloco »

Congratulations Matt.. We're looking forward to a great business in a great location.
Dive by Shooting!!

Kathy
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

Lynne I think hwy9 may be better if you need to get up there in the afternoon.
I haven't been on Hwy 9 in the afternoon in a while, but I used to keep my horse about 15 minutes north of me off that road, and it was impassable in the afternoon rush. I'd take my chances on the freeway first.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
Jaksonbrown
Amphibian

Post by Jaksonbrown »

Grateful Diver wrote:
mattwave wrote:Thanks again everyone for the kind wishes and as John stated very easy to get to, and yes Josh it's kind of a dive, but actually clean for a seedy bar and the food and beer was pretty good there ...
So the relevent question is ...

... do they serve Mac & Jack's ???

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Mack and Jack?? Is that anything resembling a Jack and Coke Bob?

If your a JD lover,.. try my Dr. Jack.....
Jack D and Dr. Pepper..... One taste and your a gonner... you will never drink it with coke again!
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

Mack and Jack is a VERY good beer Cory.
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
Jaksonbrown
Amphibian

Post by Jaksonbrown »

Norris wrote:Mack and Jack is a VERY good beer Cory.

BEER??? #-o #-o Whats that??? LOL Never heard of it... guess you couldn't guess,.. I'm not much of a beer drinker...
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Jaksonbrown wrote:

BEER??? #-o #-o Whats that??? LOL Never heard of it... guess you couldn't guess,.. I'm not much of a beer drinker...

You just got banned from MMM.....
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
Jaksonbrown
Amphibian

Post by Jaksonbrown »

Nwbrewer wrote:
Jaksonbrown wrote:

:dontknow: What?? I didnt say I wont drink beer, if there are no other options.....

Ya gotta remember,... Im from Idaho,.. we usually gave the beer to our horses and stuck with the big boy drinks! :partyman: :partyman: :smt064
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Jaksonbrown wrote:
Nwbrewer wrote:
Jaksonbrown wrote:

:dontknow: What?? I didnt say I wont drink beer, if there are no other options.....

Ya gotta remember,... Im from Idaho,.. we usually gave the beer to our horses and stuck with the big boy drinks! :partyman: :partyman: :smt064
It's not just "a VERY good beer," this beer flows straight from a golden tap handle in Heaven straight to my belly. Mack & Jack's African Amber is magical, devine, and perfect in everyway. Official beer of the Garden of Eden, endorsed by the Big Man himself. :angelblue: :mmmbeer:

"What is Mac & Jack's?!" :banplz:
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
Jaksonbrown
Amphibian

Post by Jaksonbrown »

Sounder wrote:
Jaksonbrown wrote:
Nwbrewer wrote:
Jaksonbrown wrote:

It's not just "a VERY good beer," this beer flows straight from a golden tap handle in Heaven straight to my belly. Mack & Jack's African Amber is magical, devine, and perfect in everyway. Official beer of the Garden of Eden, endorsed by the Big Man himself. :angelblue: :mmmbeer:

"What is Mac & Jack's?!" :banplz:
Ahhhh, crap.... im headed to the grocery store......