New Dive Shop To Open In March In Everett?

General banter about diving and why we love it.
scubamatt
Just Settling In

New Dive Shop To Open In March In Everett?

Post by scubamatt »

:smt035 while i was out and about today i heard that there is supposed to be a new dive shop opening in everett on evergreen way off of the 41st st exit of I5 its going to be by the daves burger place or i think thats what it is called. i guess the soft open will be in the beggining of march
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Re: New Dive Shop To Open In March In Everett?

Post by Grateful Diver »

Ya sure that ain't the new Everett UWS location?

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Dive shops, droppin', poppin', and movin' like crazy in 2010!
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
scubamatt
Just Settling In

Post by scubamatt »

I dont think so becasue while at SPD i asked where the next closest place was. i was told NWSD in lynwood Bubbles in woodinvel and then this new shop coming to everett different from UWS or so thats wat i was told

and the dive shops sure seem to be the new hot deal in 2010 lol move close open or watever

:smt038
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

That's excellent news. Off the 41st street exit is great!!

Out of all the exits from Lynnwood to Marysville that has to be the un-busiest and easiest access exit. I just hope they keep air fills comparable as the place near my work charges different prices from LP to HP and I paid almost 17.00 to fill two HP100's. Are you kidding me? It's nice to have choices.
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Norris wrote:That's excellent news. Off the 41st street exit is great!!

Out of all the exits from Lynnwood to Marysville that has to be the un-busiest and easiest access exit. I just hope they keep air fills comparable as the place near my work charges different prices from LP to HP and I paid almost 17.00 to fill two HP100's. Are you kidding me? It's nice to have choices.

For airfills? Where was that?
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

My recollection of the price MAY be a dollar or two off but I know it was a lot! Also even though I left the tanks, they were short filled. Ill never go back there.

I dont want to give them a bad name or be a rumor spreader but the name begins with an S and rhymes with Giant Squirell'd
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

I've heard about this new shop as well. Since having my own compressor desn't look doable right now I'll end up at the shop that has the best deal for an anual subscription.
"The She-Ps didn't work for either one of us, however- we accidently glued one to Dan's cat, and the other one ended up in a DEA evidence locker somehow." - Joshua Smith
scubamatt
Just Settling In

Post by scubamatt »

yea it will be off of the 41st Street exit i mean i live in granite and that would be awesome i kinda wish there was one in marysville or even frontier village in lake stevens
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

scubamatt wrote:yea it will be off of the 41st Street exit i mean i live in granite and that would be awesome i kinda wish there was one in marysville or even frontier village in lake stevens
+1 for Marysville or Frontier Village
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
scubamatt
Just Settling In

Post by scubamatt »

and another good spot would be right down by the muk ferry cause they would get the divers that need last minute supplies such as air or anti fog or little things
mydivegal
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Post by mydivegal »

I can confirm that a new dive store is going to open up in Everett off of 41st st exit. It is sad to see SPD going out of business and with the closer of UWS in Everett it is going to be nice to have a new dive store in the North end. It is alot of work to get a brand new business up and running the partners of this business are working very hard to get the new store opened soon. This is going to be a full service dive shop, I for one am very excited and can't wait for the grand opening! :mermaid:
sheahanmcculla
I've Got Gills

Post by sheahanmcculla »

scubagruntgal wrote:I can confirm that a new dive store is going to open up in Everett off of 41st st exit. It is sad to see SPD going out of business and with the closer of UWS in Everett it is going to be nice to have a new dive store in the North end. It is alot of work to get a brand new business up and running the partners of this business are working very hard to get the new store opened soon. This is going to be a full service dive shop, I for one am very excited and can't wait for the grand opening! :mermaid:
Welcome to NWDC Scubaruntgal. You should post a little about yourself in the new member section.
TCWestby
Submariner

Post by TCWestby »

Supposidly it will be called Evergreen Dive Services, they may even have their own in-house hydro testing too. Sounds like there will be some familliar folks running it too.
Looking for dive buddies

Work is for the surface interval....
scobanro
Just Settling In

Post by scobanro »

Hmm sounds like we have two folks that are in the know. It all sounds good to divers in the north end. I am sure sad that SPD could not get things worked out. We all wish Tim, Steve and Aaron the best, it is a tuff sport in this economy. any sport in the economy is very hard too stay up and running.
Hey we may just be treated to somthing good, UW sports re-opening and a new dive store too. Wow! :highfive:
scottsax
I've Got Gills

Post by scottsax »

Can I ask the 2 new board members to introduce themselves in the Introductions section, so the rest of us don't think they're paid shills?

:thankyouyellow:
I'm going to look like a moose on rollerskates. -airsix
... my Mom caught me fenestrating once. -lavachickie
And I get so tired of fainting and peeing all over myself when the hammer falls on an empty chamber! -Nailer

Want to know where I'm performing? Check out my Facebook fan page!
cardiver
I've Got Gills

Post by cardiver »

scottsax wrote:Can I ask the 2 new board members to introduce themselves in the Introductions section, so the rest of us don't think they're paid shills?

They most likely are.........
-Ron T.
"When I'm 80 I'll take up real diving, which is done in a pub..." Ray Ives.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
https://www.facebook.com/RETOPPPHOTOGRAPHY
scottsax
I've Got Gills

Post by scottsax »

cardiver wrote:
scottsax wrote:Can I ask the 2 new board members to introduce themselves in the Introductions section, so the rest of us don't think they're paid shills?

They most likely are.........
I'm fine with them working for the new shop, I just want them to acknowledge that, like THE REST OF THE SHOP OWNERS/EMPLOYEES on the board do!

So please, please, get started on the right foot in our little community by telling us about yourselves, scubagruntgal, and scobanro....
And I get so tired of fainting and peeing all over myself when the hammer falls on an empty chamber! -Nailer

Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

Yeah I was thinking it was looking pretty obvious that they were just trying to covertly help spread the word.

Its another feeble attempt at pulling the wool over our eyes...

sigh not a good start for a potential new shop.....deceipt
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
scottsax
I've Got Gills

Post by scottsax »

Norris wrote:Yeah I was thinking it was looking pretty obvious that they were just trying to covertly help spread the word.

PMs sent to both new members.... :evil4:

smike
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by smike »

Norris wrote:Yeah I was thinking it was looking pretty obvious that they were just trying to covertly help spread the word.
:boucegreen:

Yeah the word I heard was that this was an existing family business, that one of the family isn't supposed to know about... Could be interesting.
Behold, the King reigns! You are his publicity agents. Therefore advertise, advertise, advertise, the King and his kingdom.
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

<sigh>

scubagruntgal and scobrano share the same IP address.
scobanro
Just Settling In

Post by scobanro »

Hi All,

There some facts in the intro area, The Name will be Evergreen Dive Service. hope I did that right and hope I have not put a great big Hex on it all. Thank you :grouphug:
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

scobanro wrote:Hi All,

There some facts in the intro area, The Name will be Evergreen Dive Service. hope I did that right and hope I have not put a great big Hex on it all. Thank you :grouphug:

The hex is coming from the fact that you and "scubagruntgal" seem to be sharing an IP address. We only allow one account per user. I'll give you the benefit of a doubt- y'all married, or something? Feel free to respond via PM if you wish.
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

I'm always happy to see a fresh, new dive shop open up for our members. Evergreen Dive Service folks should know that for the reasonable fee of $1 per day an advertisement can be posted to the Listings Forum, to respectfully and transparently inform Northwest Dive Club members about the store opening, the team behind it and what the shop sets out to offer. Alternatively, a tasteful link to the shop's web site can be used as a signature line, free of charge.

Yay... new dive shop! :joshsmith: