Monday Mukilteo Madness 3/1

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Monday Mukilteo Madness 3/1

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

Well since Joe feels dejected and refuses to post any more MMM threads here goes:

First dive at 4:00 splash?

Second is usually at 6:30. Would there be any interest in doing the second dive a little later? Linda said she would like to dive but probably can't be there until 6:45 or so.

Third dive to follow dive 2 at the Diamond Knot :mmmbeer:
"The She-Ps didn't work for either one of us, however- we accidently glued one to Dan's cat, and the other one ended up in a DEA evidence locker somehow." - Joshua Smith
April
Dive-aholic

Re: Monday Mukilteo Madness 3/1

Post by April »

I'll be there for dive 2 and 3. A later splash would help me too so I don't have to leave work so early and give time for some of the traffic to clear out.

As long as you save some beers for us I'm all good.
April
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

I'm in for dive 1.
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
trevorrowe
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by trevorrowe »

I can do dives #2 and #3, but I'm going to need to borrow a dive-light (yeah, I'll tell the story in a different thread, so please don't hijack this one...)
sheahanmcculla
I've Got Gills

Post by sheahanmcculla »

Can I play?

Is it light enough now to not have a backup on the 1st dive?
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

sheahanmcculla wrote:Can I play?

Is it light enough now to not have a backup on the 1st dive?

I'll loan you a backup if it's not.
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
April
Dive-aholic

Post by April »

trevorrowe wrote:I can do dives #2 and #3, but I'm going to need to borrow a dive-light (yeah, I'll tell the story in a different thread, so please don't hijack this one...)

I'll have my old light with me you can use
April
Dashrynn
I've Got Gills

Post by Dashrynn »

im going to try and make it, i should have 3 or 4 lights. 2 im testing, a pistol grip (I always dive with) if you can manage looking like a stroke :neener:
onasphere
Avid Diver

Post by onasphere »

What did you do to Joe? He was supposed to call me about last Monday after our Disco Bay trip, but hasn't. I'll be there for next week's Mukilteo dive. Should I bring anything?
When you see a Llama, you must say "Look out! There are Llamas!". - Monty Python
onasphere
Avid Diver

Post by onasphere »

I suppose I should have said which dive. 4:00, then maybe the others too. I'll bring two tanks and two lights.
When you see a Llama, you must say "Look out! There are Llamas!". - Monty Python
spatz84
Aquaphile

Post by spatz84 »

I'm in for dive 1 at 4:00

S.
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

I 90% "in"... need to check with mission control, but I'm thinking I'm in.

This would be sweet - Monday night with the Muk crowd, grab some freshies and dump dead tanks, then dive Tuesday chasing GPOs with a friend and be home in time to make dinner for mama. Next week is starting out beautifully!!

Matt - are you diving yet or are you looking for someone to dive with Linda. I'd be glad to wait for her to arrive for dive #2 if you're not diving (or wait for her and dive with you both).

Anyone want to play with scooters?

I'm excited to meet Sheahan, excited to give Curtis a wedgie, and excited to hopefully FINALLY dive with April. I also have a 10w HID hand-held I can bring if someone needs a light.

I assume single 130s are sufficient for these dives? I don't know my way around the Muk so diving with a "guide" would be great.
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

If you come to dive 1 I'll risk the rule #1 violation and give you a tour. :neener: A 130 will be sufficient, and if you're serious about coming I'll throw some 32 in the tank so we can do a bit of a deeper tour.
Sounder wrote:I 90% "in"... need to check with mission control, but I'm thinking I'm in.

This would be sweet - Monday night with the Muk crowd, grab some freshies and dump dead tanks, then dive Tuesday chasing GPOs with a friend and be home in time to make dinner for mama. Next week is starting out beautifully!!

Matt - are you diving yet or are you looking for someone to dive with Linda. I'd be glad to wait for her to arrive for dive #2 if you're not diving (or wait for her and dive with you both).

I'm excited to meet Sheahan, excited to give Curtis a wedgie, and excited to hopefully FINALLY dive with April. I also have a 10w HID hand-held I can bring if someone needs a light.

I assume single 130s are sufficient for these dives? I don't know my way around the Muk so diving with a "guide" would be great.

Dashrynn
I've Got Gills

Post by Dashrynn »

Sounder wrote:

oh gawd im staying home, or hmm....scooter...if only i had a wing, or something to hook the bad boy on, but that would break MY no more than 2 new things on a dive rule...but it is a scooter...no no im not turning into p diver.....but it is a scooter.. :angry:
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Dashrynn wrote:
Sounder wrote:

oh gawd im staying home, or hmm....scooter...if only i had a wing, or something to hook the bad boy on, but that would break MY no more than 2 new things on a dive rule...but it is a scooter...no no im not turning into p diver.....but it is a scooter.. :angry:
Hook it to your drysuit undies, that will save Sounder the trouble of giving you a wedgie. :wedgie:

Dashrynn
I've Got Gills

Post by Dashrynn »

Nwbrewer wrote:
Dashrynn wrote:
Sounder wrote:

Hook it to your drysuit undies, that will save Sounder the trouble of giving you a wedgie. :wedgie:
if its a scooter wedgie i could manage that alll day long.
sheahanmcculla
I've Got Gills

Post by sheahanmcculla »

Looks like MMM is getting popular, it is posted on NWSD website!
2loud4u
Compulsive Diver

Post by 2loud4u »

I will be there for dives #2 and maybe #3

Brendan
FTM ~ PTB ~ EGH ~ RFB ~ KTF ~ DTRT
Fishstiq
Amphibian

Post by Fishstiq »

After last weeks debacle I'm hesitant to even post up...

Jim, apologies, my week has suuuucked. Curtis, lemme know when you get a wing and clip a scooter to it, I want video of that. Doug, I'll bring my sierra, the 1st dive we can do a good tour. I'm gunning to make both dives, but no guarantee since my boss apparently cares for diving about as much as that lady on the Muk CC does.
Not just front page famous, but above the fold famous...

Waiting for your AIDS test results is no time to be thinking positive.
spatz84
Aquaphile

Post by spatz84 »

uuhhh - oooohhh! this is starting to sound like its going to be a 'scootered tech' dive. Am I going to be the only guy at dive 1 just doing the basic stuff? not that I have a problem with that I'll solo if I have to but its nice to know what to expect if possible. So just out of couriosity, whats below 80 fsw at the Muk. to see? I'm wondering.
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

spatz84 wrote:uuhhh - oooohhh! this is starting to sound like its going to be a 'scootered tech' dive. Am I going to be the only guy at dive 1 just doing the basic stuff? not that I have a problem with that I'll solo if I have to but its nice to know what to expect if possible. So just out of couriosity, whats below 80 fsw at the Muk. to see? I'm wondering.

1st off all I'm sure there will be someone for you to dive with. That's kinda what MMM is all about. All skill/experience levels welcome. All sizes of gear tanks etc. I have often changed up a dive plan a bit to accomodate whoever shows up if necessary. It's not a big deal. Especially at MUK.

As to your question about what's to see, the answer is not a whole lot between about 70-110 FSW. At 115 there's a big sattelite dish and a mannequin in full clothes that looks really spooky when you're a little narced in the dark. At 120-130 FSW there a troll on a knoll and a 18ft or so runabout - usually with a GPO under it.
"The She-Ps didn't work for either one of us, however- we accidently glued one to Dan's cat, and the other one ended up in a DEA evidence locker somehow." - Joshua Smith
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Mattleycrue76 wrote:
spatz84 wrote:uuhhh - oooohhh! this is starting to sound like its going to be a 'scootered tech' dive. Am I going to be the only guy at dive 1 just doing the basic stuff? not that I have a problem with that I'll solo if I have to but its nice to know what to expect if possible. So just out of couriosity, whats below 80 fsw at the Muk. to see? I'm wondering.

1st off all I'm sure there will be someone for you to dive with. That's kinda what MMM is all about. All skill/experience levels welcome. All sizes of gear tanks etc. I have often changed up a dive plan a bit to accomodate whoever shows up if necessary. It's not a big deal. Especially at MUK.

As to your question about what's to see, the answer is not a whole lot between about 70-110 FSW. At 115 there's a big sattelite dish and a mannequin in full clothes that looks really spooky when you're a little narced in the dark. At 120-130 FSW there a troll on a knoll and a 18ft or so runabout - usually with a GPO under it.

the log and crab traps are at about 105. Don't worry, if they go scooting off to the deep end of the pool I'll dive shallow with you.

onasphere
Avid Diver

Post by onasphere »

I'll be scooterless at dive 1.
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Oh, I'll likely be in a single tank with 32% so nothing real deep for me. I will probably bring the scooter for one or both dives.

Joe - I'd love a tour and perhaps a run to the dock and back? Let me know if you're bring singles or dubs - I'll match.
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Sounder wrote:Oh, I'll likely be in a single tank with 32% so nothing real deep for me. I will probably bring the scooter for one or both dives.

Joe - I'd love a tour and perhaps a run to the dock and back? Let me know if you're bring singles or dubs - I'll match.
Most of the time MMM dives are done at OW depths, so deep is relative.