Les Davis 3/1/10

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
cardiver
I've Got Gills

Les Davis 3/1/10

Post by cardiver »

I met up with Bill and Bob this morning at 0930 for a single dive at Les Davis. There was a lot of fresh water in the mix down to about 30 fsw and the viz got worse from there.
We probably had about 10' of viz all the way down to 75 fsw and when we got to the tire piles it was half of that.
Not much life at all on the beams (other than some big lings) but the tire piles were a little bit better.
If anyone plans on going there this week, I would stay in the 35'60 fsw range and spend most of your time at the tire piles. Please stay close to your buddy when you hit the tires because there is a abnormally large amount of fishing gear there right now. We ended up doing a 74 minute dive and the water temp was about 47 degrees.
Thanks guys!
I'm posting a few pics but, because of the viz, the are sub par.......
Attachments
DSC01353.JPG
DSC01349.JPG
DSC01346.JPG
DSC01338.JPG
DSC01351.JPG
DSC01354.JPG
-Ron T.
"When I'm 80 I'll take up real diving, which is done in a pub..." Ray Ives.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
https://www.facebook.com/RETOPPPHOTOGRAPHY
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Re: Les Davis 3/1/10

Post by Dusty2 »

Nice shot on the RIL!
If you made it to the tires your too close the the pier! Some angler is going to put a hook in you. That's why all that hardware is hanging there. :angry: :angry:
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Glad you guys had a good dive!

Ron, Ron, haven't I told you about Les Davi? :neener:
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
cardiver
I've Got Gills

Post by cardiver »

Dusty2 wrote:Nice shot on the RIL!
If you made it to the tires your too close the the pier! Some angler is going to put a hook in you. That's why all that hardware is hanging there. :angry: :angry:
I know where I was at..... We always do a big rectangle, ending at the tire piles and coming up to 50fsw for the swim west......
The RIL was the only pic that came out okay.
Thanks!
-Ron T.
"When I'm 80 I'll take up real diving, which is done in a pub..." Ray Ives.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
https://www.facebook.com/RETOPPPHOTOGRAPHY
DiverBob
Compulsive Diver

Post by DiverBob »

Nice shots Ron. Thanks again to Bill and Ron for a great dive @ LD. It has been several months since I have dove there. I was a bit surprised that we managed 74 min here. I will try an upload a few pics tomorrow.
Life is good, let's dive!!
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Ron! I love to see such detail like in the eyes of that, Red Irish Lord.
several of you GPO shots have shown that too! :highfive:
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
bnboly
Submariner

Post by bnboly »

We did have a good dive. I guess any dive that goes over an hour is a good dive. Here's one of a few pics that actually came out...

It's not broken - it's just missing duct tape!
DiverBob
Compulsive Diver

Post by DiverBob »

A few not too exciting shots from the dive.
Attachments
IMG_0571.JPG
IMG_0554.JPG
Life is good, let's dive!!
ORDiver
Aquanaut

Post by ORDiver »

I dove there too that day. I probably went in while you guys were down and came up just after you left. The vis did leave something to be desired but I did spot a Northern Clingfish which I have never seen before. After that my buddy and I headed for Redondo where the vis was excellent. Probably the best I've seen it. Amazing how two sites in the sound that are 15 minutes apart can have such drastically different vis.
ORDiver
Aquanaut

Post by ORDiver »

Woops. I was there on 2/28.
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Wow. That is one ginormously pregnant little Scaleyhead!
bnboly wrote:We did have a good dive. I guess any dive that goes over an hour is a good dive. Here's one of a few pics that actually came out...

More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman