Liquivision X1

General topics about technical diving.
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Re: Liquivision X1

Post by CaptnJack »

please god make it stop :metal: :metal: :metal: :metal:
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
Sockmonkey
I've Got Gills

Post by Sockmonkey »

airsix wrote:So how much you want for the remains?
Will you be dissecting and building you own?

-Eric
"I used to do this for fun, but now, I do it for nothing" -Not Joshua Smith

:eric: Hawaiian Seamonkey Blog
airsix
I've Got Gills

Post by airsix »

Sockmonkey wrote:

-Eric
Kirby and I worked it out over PM. All I can say at this point is that I'm fascinated with the technology. I'm going to study it. I'm going to stare at it. Maybe I'll open it up. Maybe I'll carefully de-pot it and try to map it's guts. I'm sure I'll learn something. It will probably never live again, but how often does a geek get to see the insides of something like this? :luv:
"The place looked like a washing machine full of Josh's carharts. I was not into it." --Sockmonkey
Sockmonkey
I've Got Gills

Post by Sockmonkey »

airsix wrote:
Sockmonkey wrote:

-Eric
Kirby and I worked it out over PM. All I can say at this point is that I'm fascinated with the technology. I'm going to study it. I'm going to stare at it. Maybe I'll open it up. Maybe I'll carefully de-pot it and try to map it's guts. I'm sure I'll learn something. It will probably never live again, but how often does a geek get to see the insides of something like this? :luv:
So... that's a yes.

-Eric
"I used to do this for fun, but now, I do it for nothing" -Not Joshua Smith

:eric: Hawaiian Seamonkey Blog
Kirby
Aquaphile

Post by Kirby »

My friend just got his replacement computer and let me use it on a Nanaimo trip (very good friend). Took it to 200+ 4 times and 309 once. It still lives. Another guy on the trip took his to 367 on open circuit. Nice trip. All three liquivision computers on the trip were the newly updated replacements, and all are still working fine. I really hope they have fixed the problems. One change was the location of the contact points for activation of the computer. They are now on the sides instead of on the end. Did I mention that I really like this computer?

Kirby
Hi, My name is Kirby, and I am addicted to Nitrogen Narcosis.
loanwolf
Pelagic

Post by loanwolf »

It will be interesting to see. the other weeks trip to the San Clemente Destroyer 3 of the dive team had problems two X1's and one Xlink dieing on the trip. Luckily they were all backed up with a secondary computer and or hard tables and a bottom timer as well so no one got hurt. I have heard that they are all getting replaced under warranty. Bob was worried as he is now on his 4th x1 and now his 5th Xlink all replaced under warranty.
Greg
Life is Short do as Much as Possible in as Short of Period of Time as Possible.
Kirby
Aquaphile

Post by Kirby »

Hi all, the Saga continues.....

I bought another Liquivision X1, one of the newly updated models with the side contacts and have been putting it through the Kirby test again. (ok so I am stupid, but I think you remember me mentioning that I really loved that computer) 31 dives since the 10th of July, alot of those below 200 ft. Deepest 308. So far it has been working great! I have been handling it with kid gloves in anticipation of something horrible happening. I have been pushing 30-40 mins of deco on each dive on oxygen and 50% and haven't even had as much as a bad itch.
002_17-Jul-2010.gif
fun fun fun.

Kirby
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Liquivision X1

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

Congrats on the new computer. I hope it holds up well for you. Looking at the profile you posted I couldn't help but wonder what the purpose of the dive was. Was it just a bounce dive to see if the computer could do it or did you miss your target or what?
"The She-Ps didn't work for either one of us, however- we accidently glued one to Dan's cat, and the other one ended up in a DEA evidence locker somehow." - Joshua Smith
Kirby
Aquaphile

Post by Kirby »

Crab pot recovery, looking for one, found two in kill mode with trapped crab. I had found the float and rope on a previous dive. Funny thing about trimix at that depth, it doesn't last very long. Something about that whole compression thing or something. Kind of challenging to do any work at those depths. Gives me a whole new healthy respect for working commercial divers. I can now truly say with confidence that there is absolutely nothing to see at 300 ft on the Lobster shop Wall North. I found a dead guy there doing a similar dive a couple years ago. I turned around and my buddy had de-assed the AO due to his gas consumption. I decided to follow, being the responsible diver that I am.

Kirby7