Hey y'all!

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
lostnbrownsmead
Avid Diver

Post by lostnbrownsmead »

Welcome aboard

Jay
Lost some where called Brownsmead
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Yo Jared, good to have you aboard. It's also nice to hear a humble diver :partyman:

I'm looking forward to diving with you and other recent new members!
GillyWeed
Submariner

Post by GillyWeed »

Hey Jared!

Welcome! Thanks for diving with me yesterday and extra special thanks for taking me home after I locked my keys in my car! :prayer: :prayer:
I finally got my reel untangled. That was a lot of 'fun' and the cat was especially helpful.

Everybody, Jared is the real deal. He's got the diving sickness like we all do and he's a super buddy. He's also a really nice guy. So be good to him (like you would be anything else).

Cheers,

Holly
"Well I, I wont go down by myself, but I'll go down with my friends!"
jeff98208
Aquanaut

Post by jeff98208 »

welcome jared. hope to swim with the fishes with you some time. later!

good day!
jeff :supz:
TAKE only pictures, KILL only time, LEAVE only bubbles!
Sergeant Pepper
Perma Narc'd

Post by Sergeant Pepper »

Always looking for great dive buddies and friends. Welcome to the club, err group, err.... Let us know when you're diving next, I'll try to attend.
I don't mind losing, but I do mind sucking!
Sasquatch
Compulsive Diver

Post by Sasquatch »

Hello, Jared.

Welcome to an interesting little group of divers!

Sea ya!
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.
thelawgoddess
Pelagic

Post by thelawgoddess »

hi, blacktoe - welcome aboard. sounds like you'll fit right in with a lot of the divers here. i really like this bunch - lots of safety-conscious folks who are interested in learning/practicing skills ... and having fun. =D>
"Life without passion is life without depth."~J.Hollis
my FLICKR photo sets
Pringster
Avid Diver

Post by Pringster »

Welcome Jared,

I'm on the other end of the spectrum and am relatively inexperienced compared to you and many of the divers in this club. I recently dove with Tom Nic and enjoyed the dive immensely. He has quite a few more dives under his belt than I do and you always take away something you learn from another diver. One thing I'll need to focus on (among other things) more is bouyancy as Tom reminded me. I'm sitting on too much weight...or should I say it's sitting on me!
Again, best wishes and I hope to have an opportunity to dive with you.

Brian
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Welcome Jared!

I agree, I'm just getting my Bouyency fine tuned and everything else (Bottom time) is getting better.
thelawgoddess
Pelagic

Post by thelawgoddess »

BlackToe wrote:
Pringster wrote:One thing I'll need to focus on (among other things) more is bouyancy as Tom reminded me. I'm sitting on too much weight...or should I say it's sitting on me!
Yup, buoyancy is the first thing you should get a handle on. Without proper buoyancy, everything else is a major struggle! #-o
i'm still working on mine, too! i think it's a constant struggle for many of us. :-) pringster, definitely heed tom's word - people often substitute weight for skill to better control their buoyancy, but that just adds its own problems to the mix. (just say no to being overweighted! LOL)
"Life without passion is life without depth."~J.Hollis
my FLICKR photo sets
Pringster
Avid Diver

Post by Pringster »

Hmmm...fair enough...I'll start focusing on that as soon as I can get my eyes off of Calvin's Van Gogh Avatar....it's wierding me out!!! #-o
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Pringster wrote:Hmmm...fair enough...I'll start focusing on that as soon as I can get my eyes off of Calvin's Van Gogh Avatar....it's wierding me out!!! #-o
It's Munch, actually!
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

What's wrong Pringster, feeling kind of woozy?! :vom: :axe:
Cera
Submariner

Post by Cera »

Welcome to the club!!
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES..... THEY ARE NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING ... BUT THEY STILL BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN YOU PUSH THEM DOWN A FLIGHT OF STAIRS

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cera17
Pringster
Avid Diver

Post by Pringster »

My apologies, Nailer99. Munch it is. :book:
Calvin, it's a I think it's time for another one of your wild and crazy Avatar's!!! :smt119
Sergeant Pepper
Perma Narc'd

Post by Sergeant Pepper »

I swear I just saw cousin it somewhere up here.
I don't mind losing, but I do mind sucking!