Looking for dive buddies in the general Tacoma/Southend

Looking for a dive buddy? Get paired up here.
Rooinater
Dive-aholic

Looking for dive buddies in the general Tacoma/Southend

Post by Rooinater »

My name is Jared, I have an NAUI advanced open water certification and 40% nitrox from SSI. I was certified in 2003 by MBT divers in Pensacola, and then was stationed in Arizona with the Marine Corp for 4.5 years. Plus my gear all got stolen before I moved back to Washington. December of last year I finally got all of my gear recollected and started diving again. I have a 55+ dives under my belt and about 15 dives in a drysuit. I'm not a big silter, and prefer a horizontal trim with my feet out of the sand. I enjoy wrecks, structures and sea creatures, but beings that most of my previous dives were in Pensacola, FL I really like wrecks.

I want to be able to find a couple dive buddies so that i can dive several times a week. Due to a relationship strain, I appear to have lost my present dive buddy for a little while till some things settle down. That and I would like to dive with more people. I live in Gig Harbor and am willing to drive just about anywhere i can afford the gas to get a consistent amount of diving in. whether it be les davis, port townsend or edmonds or wherever.

425-359-3927, call, post here, or email me if interested in diving.

Semper Fidelis,
Jared Cook
Last edited by Rooinater on Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
cardiver
I've Got Gills

Re: Looking for dive buddies in the general Tacoma/Southend

Post by cardiver »

Rooinater wrote:My name is Jared, I have an NAUI advanced open water certification and 40% nitrox from SSI. I was certified in 2003 by MBT divers in Pensacola, and then was stationed in Arizona with the Marine Corp for 4.5 years. Plus my gear all got stolen before I moved back to Washington. December of last year I finally got all of my gear recollected and started diving again. I have a 55+ dives under my belt and about 15 dives in a drysuit. I'm not a big silter, and prefer a horizontal trim with my feet out of the sand. I enjoy wrecks, structures and sea creatures, but beings that most of my previous dives were in Pensacola, FL I really like wrecks.

I want to be able to find a couple dive buddies so that i can dive several times a week. Due to a relationship strain, I lost my present dive buddy. I live in Gig Harbor and am willing to drive just about anywhere i can afford the gas to get a consistent amount of diving in. whether it be les davis, port townsend or edmonds or wherever.

425-359-3927, post here or email me if interested in diving.

Semper Fidelis,
Jared Cook
Welcome, Jared. There are a couple of groups that consistantly go out on either Wednesday or Thursday evenings. We usually hit Redondo or 3 Tree on Thursdays and the Wednesday divers usually hit Les Davis.
Whenever the currents are good, you will find a large group of us heading over to GH to dive Sunrise. Now that it's staying light later in the day we will be heading over there quite often in the late afternoon to get in a dive. We also like to head over to Fox Island and dive the east and west wall.
-Ron T.
"When I'm 80 I'll take up real diving, which is done in a pub..." Ray Ives.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
https://www.facebook.com/RETOPPPHOTOGRAPHY
Rooinater
Dive-aholic

Post by Rooinater »

Mondays and Wednesdays starting next week I'll be at school until 9pm. Thursdays I get out around 4:20pm so I should be able to dive tuesdays, thursdays, fridays and the weekend. Along with early mornings any day of the week since I don't start classes until 12:30 everyday. I guess give me a heads up or a text if you guys are going out, and i will definitely try to make it. I still haven't had the chance to dive fox island or sunrise yet.
cardiver
I've Got Gills

Post by cardiver »

Rooinater wrote:Mondays and Wednesdays starting next week I'll be at school until 9pm. Thursdays I get out around 4:20pm so I should be able to dive tuesdays, thursdays, fridays and the weekend. Along with early mornings any day of the week since I don't start classes until 12:30 everyday. I guess give me a heads up or a text if you guys are going out, and i will definitely try to make it. I still haven't had the chance to dive fox island or sunrise yet.
Sunrise is the best dive in the south end (IMHO).
We'll be heading out next Thursday for either Redondo or 3 tree. Probably meeting at 5 for two dives.
-Ron T.
"When I'm 80 I'll take up real diving, which is done in a pub..." Ray Ives.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
https://www.facebook.com/RETOPPPHOTOGRAPHY
Kirby
Aquaphile

Post by Kirby »

All in One dive sponsors a club dive every Friday at 6:30 PM somewhere in the Tacoma area. We do a monthly one tank boat dive with Bandito Charters at the same time. This weeks dive is the Lobster Shop wall, an advanced dive due to depth.
Air is free at the shop for group dives, located on 86th and Pacific Ave.

Kirby
Hi, My name is Kirby, and I am addicted to Nitrogen Narcosis.