4/5/10 MMM Who's in?

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

4/5/10 MMM Who's in?

Post by Nwbrewer »

Who is in for MMM this week? I'll be at dive 1.

Dive 1- 4:00 splash
Dive 2- 6:30 splash

Anybody going to bring me a spare air to play with?
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Re: 4/5/10 MMM Who's in?

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

I'm gonna try for dive 1 - and dive 2 if I'm feeling OK. I'll film the spare air test for ya if you want. If we can't scrounge up a spare air we can rig up my 6 cu ft and fill it to 1500 psi.
"The She-Ps didn't work for either one of us, however- we accidently glued one to Dan's cat, and the other one ended up in a DEA evidence locker somehow." - Joshua Smith
Alexitt
Submariner

Post by Alexitt »

I'm planning to be there for dive 2, I don't get home till 5'ish... Looking forward to finally making one of these... :breakdance:
Matt, throw in your xtra lead if you still want to swap/sell some of it... :roll:
-Alex-

"so in the interest of advising something...let's see..."the early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese!" -Eliseaboo

jayson161
Avid Diver

Post by jayson161 »

i'll try to make dive 2.
ldevore
Compulsive Diver

Post by ldevore »

Car is packed, and I threw the scoot in for good cause. I'll be there....as long as my boss doesn't get in the way!

Lauri
trevorrowe
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by trevorrowe »

Count me in for dive 2.
Paulicarp
Aquanaut

Post by Paulicarp »

Spare Hair? I'm SO in...
ldevore
Compulsive Diver

Post by ldevore »

Nwbrewer wrote:
What are you planning to do with the spare air??? :uh: Use it to inflate another one of your "Jake Special" SMB's??? :bday:

Lauri
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

ldevore wrote:
Nwbrewer wrote:
What are you planning to do with the spare air??? :uh: Use it to inflate another one of your "Jake Special" SMB's??? :bday:

Lauri

There was a thread earlier that we were discussing the use of the spare air, and weather or not you could actually breathe on to the surface from 60fsw or so. I volunteered to test one out from the geodome on video, with proper amounts of backgas and support of course.

I do have a new smb though. Matt got to see it the other day, it's pretty sweet.
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
sheahanmcculla
I've Got Gills

Post by sheahanmcculla »

Nwbrewer wrote:
I do have a new smb though. Matt got to see it the other day, it's pretty sweet.

What is it? Is it a Jake special, or a purchased item?
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

sheahanmcculla wrote:
Nwbrewer wrote:

I made it. I have it in the truck sheahan, if you show up to dive you can even try it out. :breakdance:

ldevore
Compulsive Diver

Post by ldevore »

Nwbrewer wrote:
sheahanmcculla wrote:
Nwbrewer wrote:

I made it. I have it in the truck sheahan, if you show up to dive you can even try it out. :breakdance:
How many SMB's do you have now??? Where do you buy the inflate and dump valves?
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

I have a few, anybody want to buy one of the Massive DAN ones? I honestly can't see ever taking it with me somewhere.

I traded Norris some beer for a few old BC's he got somewhere and scavanged the dump valves from there. I also picked one up free off CL that a mouse had eaten the bladder. The inflate valves came from Mattley, who called roberts valves and asked for "engineering samples" . :angelblue:

This one uses a one piece inflator/deflator design that I think is going to work well for small SMB's, and only cost me $8 in parts.

2loud4u
Compulsive Diver

Post by 2loud4u »

I am in for dive # 2

Brendan
FTM ~ PTB ~ EGH ~ RFB ~ KTF ~ DTRT
April
Dive-aholic

Post by April »

I'll be there for dive two as well
April
Jaksonbrown
Amphibian

Post by Jaksonbrown »

Thinking about trying out my new Monkey rig... Anybody else up for a scoot.... Ill be there for dive 1....
markwilson
Just Settling In

Post by markwilson »

I'm planning on dive 1 and have my scooter with me.
sheahanmcculla
I've Got Gills

Post by sheahanmcculla »

jayson161 wrote:i'll try to make dive 2.

Jayson,

If you have a weight belt, you can borrow my backplate and wing, and try it out.
jayson161
Avid Diver

Post by jayson161 »

i just started getting sick, i think im gonna sit this one out. have a good dive guys
2loud4u
Compulsive Diver

Post by 2loud4u »

Sorry I missed dive 2... Traffic! :angry: :angry:

Brendan
FTM ~ PTB ~ EGH ~ RFB ~ KTF ~ DTRT