DECEPTION PASS 7th and 8th/SKYLINE 9th

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
supacooper
Avid Diver

DECEPTION PASS 7th and 8th/SKYLINE 9th

Post by supacooper »

Currents looking good for Deception Pass next week, Wed and Thus are the best. If plans come together, looking to splash approx 15 min or so before slack. Slack happens right around lunch time, can you say extended lunch break?

Wendesday - 10:58 Slack
Thurs - 12:35 Slack

http://www.dairiki.org/tides/daily.php/dec/2010-04-07

Skyline is flat Friday from 9-2. Looking to splash, uuumm, around lunch time. The best two shore dives in one week? WHAT. Getting stoked already!

:bounceline:
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Re: DECEPTION PASS 7th and 8th/SKYLINE 9th

Post by H20doctor »

Are you shore diving Deception ?
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
supacooper
Avid Diver

Post by supacooper »

Yup. There is a parking about 100 yds from the beach. We gear up there and head down. It's a drift dive, splash right before the slack after a flood in and ride the ebb out. You game?
4ster
Dive-aholic

Post by 4ster »

Check with the park ranger that the gate is open to the North Beach lot, it could be closed this time of year. That is not a deal killer, at least in the past they have made special arrangements to have it open for divers.

You diving Wed or Thursday? I'm tempted. Its the best shore dive in Washington.
markwilson
Just Settling In

Post by markwilson »

I can do Thursday but not Wed. If this is a go let me know. Are you diving the south side or the north side. I've only done the south.
jeffgerritsen
Dive-aholic

Post by jeffgerritsen »

4ster wrote:Check with the park ranger that the gate is open to the North Beach lot, it could be closed this time of year. That is not a deal killer, at least in the past they have made special arrangements to have it open for divers.

You diving Wed or Thursday? I'm tempted. Its the best shore dive in Washington.

It's open now due to the early spring. I was up in Anacortes last week (working on sailboat) and talked with the folks at Anacortes dive shop. :smt038

I'm thinking about joining you folks, if I can get my schedule to cooperate ](*,)
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

I'm Game for thursday ... Do we Have a Dive Leader Coop ? Are You Da Man :metal:
dieseldude
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by dieseldude »

Sounds like this is a short sweet ride??? How hard is the walk? Are we talking Billy goat trail here or is it managable? Doubles too much for this dive??
How about a suggested 2nd dive in the area?? Expected depth & bottom time??? Sounds like fun to me. I'd just like to hear a few more details & be able to make an afternoon of it.
MJ
" What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger"
loanwolf
Pelagic

Post by loanwolf »

I am in for Thursday.
Greg
Life is Short do as Much as Possible in as Short of Period of Time as Possible.
pensacoladiver
I've Got Gills

Post by pensacoladiver »

dieseldude wrote:Sounds like this is a short sweet ride??? How hard is the walk? Are we talking Billy goat trail here or is it managable? Doubles too much for this dive??
How about a suggested 2nd dive in the area?? Expected depth & bottom time??? Sounds like fun to me. I'd just like to hear a few more details & be able to make an afternoon of it.
MJ
The walk is down a path to the beach... maybe 100 yards, then over some driftwood. Not too bad, but you will be winded when you get there. Of course, coming back up is always worse.

2nd dive, you can do Rosario, but that will be anti climatic after Deception Pass.
supacooper
Avid Diver

Post by supacooper »

markwilson wrote:I can do Thursday but not Wed. If this is a go let me know. Are you diving the south side or the north side. I've only done the south.
Since we're diving it from the shore, we'll do the South side. Did the North side last year, but from Pensacola diver's boat. Will let you know if plans come together.
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

I am confirming for this dive ... I will be there at 1030 , to stage and get ready ....anyone want to loan me a HD camcorder set up so i can Film the dive In HD?
supacooper
Avid Diver

Post by supacooper »

H20doctor wrote:I'm Game for thursday ... Do we Have a Dive Leader Coop ? Are You Da Man :metal:
Got it. Most likely we'll have the gang from WIDC (LDS), so many experience pass divers will be on station. I've got 4 dives in last year.
supacooper
Avid Diver

Post by supacooper »

H20doctor wrote:I am confirming for this dive ... I will be there at 1030 , to stage and get ready ....anyone want to loan me a HD camcorder set up so i can Film the dive In HD?
Thurs right? You showing up 2 hours before splash....believe it when I see it. Slack isn't till 1235 ya know.
supacooper
Avid Diver

Post by supacooper »

Confirm for Wed and Thurs. Be on site approx 1000 Wed and 1130ish Thurs. Anyone game for Skyline Fri? :supz:
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

Ya .. I'm showing up early .. So I can get my Party Foul On
loanwolf
Pelagic

Post by loanwolf »

supacooper wrote:Confirm for Wed and Thurs. Be on site approx 1000 Wed and 1130ish Thurs. Anyone game for Skyline Fri? :supz:
So were do you want to put in at North beach or the amphitheater to the west?
Greg
Life is Short do as Much as Possible in as Short of Period of Time as Possible.
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

I'm trying to decide for Thursday, It is a site I have never dove, Some say it is the best Shore dive in the Puget Sound, the drive up there is a long drive. And I would like to be back to Fox Island with full tanks by 5:00pm.
Decisions, decisions, decisions, What oh what shall I do? :smt024 :seesaw:
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
Jan K
I've Got Gills

Post by Jan K »

BASSMAN wrote:I'm trying to decide for Thursday, It is a site I have never dove, Some say it is the best Shore dive in the Puget Sound, the drive up there is a long drive. And I would like to be back to Fox Island with full tanks by 5:00pm.

Thursday
Windy. Rain in the morning...then showers in the afternoon. Highs in the mid 40s to lower 50s. South wind 20 to 30 mph becoming west 15 to 25 mph in the afternoon. Gusts up to 50 mph.
http://JanKocian.smugmug.com

I take photos because I like it, not because I'm good at it. :) by Unknown
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Jan K wrote: Thursday... Gusts up to 50 mph.
:smt119 :eek: :yipes:

Who's Idea was this? :stick:
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
whatevah
Aquanaut

Post by whatevah »

Jan K wrote:
BASSMAN wrote:I'm trying to decide for Thursday, It is a site I have never dove, Some say it is the best Shore dive in the Puget Sound, the drive up there is a long drive. And I would like to be back to Fox Island with full tanks by 5:00pm.

Thursday
Windy. Rain in the morning...then showers in the afternoon. Highs in the mid 40s to lower 50s. South wind 20 to 30 mph becoming west 15 to 25 mph in the afternoon. Gusts up to 50 mph.
The marine forecast has it pretty much the same way. This is probably okay, as the North Beach entry/exit point for the shore dive is quite protected from south winds. If the slack were later in the day as the winds shift to have more of a west component that'd be troublesome - and NOAA don't always get the timing right (some might say they consistently get it wrong, this time of year). The key is, when there is strong wind out in the straits, it will shift the timing of the slack in Deception Pass. So will unusually heavy or light flow in the Skagit. So for those planning the dive I'd recommend getting there plenty early, and really get a good read on the water before you start the dive. Wish I wasn't stuck working :-/ Have fun!
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

you need to drive up here for this one ... You will have Bragging rights
MorningDiverBob
Dive-aholic

Post by MorningDiverBob »

I might on Wed.
Go Dive and Dive Safe
supacooper
Avid Diver

Post by supacooper »

H20doctor wrote:
you need to drive up here for this one ... You will have Bragging rights
I'm diving it tomorrow as well, if your schedule permits. Weather is more favorable, not to mention it's only a 10 min drive for me. :hah:
supacooper
Avid Diver

Post by supacooper »

loanwolf wrote:
supacooper wrote:Confirm for Wed and Thurs. Be on site approx 1000 Wed and 1130ish Thurs. Anyone game for Skyline Fri? :supz:
So were do you want to put in at North beach or the amphitheater to the west?
North Beach.