WTB BP&W

No commercial posts, please. Individual divers only.
WASP7000
Dive-aholic

WTB BP&W

Post by WASP7000 »

Looking for a newer/good condition BP&W setup for a single. I'm 6'2" so probably no shortie BP's. I figure I would check local before I buy online. I'm on a budget so I was looking at this package:
http://www.divers-supply.com/TECHNICAL- ... P4068.aspx
which would be about $380 shipped just to give people an idea of what I'm at.
Thanks!
spatman
I've Got Gills

Re: WTB BP&W

Post by spatman »

WASP7000 wrote:Looking for a newer/good condition BP&W setup for a single. I'm 6'2" so probably no shortie BP's. I figure I would check local before I buy online. I'm on a budget so I was looking at this package:
http://www.divers-supply.com/TECHNICAL- ... P4068.aspx
which would be about $380 shipped just to give people an idea of what I'm at.
Thanks!

i don't know much about that rig, but golem gear makes awesome products and they have a similarly priced package:

http://www.golemgear.com/p-165-golem-35 ... combo.aspx
WASP7000
Dive-aholic

Post by WASP7000 »

Thanks spatman, that's the other one I was looking at. Not sure if there's a big difference between the two but I've heard positive reviews from both.
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

ok, i took a closer look at the first package. the hog wings seem to be getting good reviews, too. you'll probably be happy with either package.
Dashrynn
I've Got Gills

Post by Dashrynn »

The golem gear package does come with everything you need though.....crotch strap and. Ss cam bands
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Dashrynn wrote:The golem gear package does come with everything you need though.....crotch strap and. Ss cam bands
so does the first package he linked to, if you choose those options.
sheahanmcculla
I've Got Gills

Post by sheahanmcculla »

I would go over to dive right in scuba and get the same setup from them. Same price...so what's the advantage you ask? You get 10% back to spend on your next purchases. I have $100 saved up already. And you can get referrel points too.
-Aaron-
Dive-aholic

Post by -Aaron- »

A full rig set up from Deep Sea Supply is a bit more expensive ($470 complete), but that gets you everything you need and you don't need a single tank adapter. DSS makes really high quality stuff and their design works really well for single tank diving. Everyone I know that has them is very happy with them (including myself). If you want to build up a rig for comparison you can check out their page here: https://www.deepseasupply.com/index.php ... nfigurator.
smike
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by smike »

I can also vouch for the DSS, Call Tobin, tell him Mike Wilson told you to call. He gives very good advice, he'll of course tell you why his is the best, but you might find out some things about the other gear that will steer your decision. He won't high pressure you, but you will get a good education on the pluses / minuses about what is out there. He steered me away from some of his own equipment because he saw that that wasn't what I needed. He knows more about BP/W than most of us.

BTW - I don't work for / have business arrangements with DSS, I just appreciated the calls I have made to Tobin.
Mike
Behold, the King reigns! You are his publicity agents. Therefore advertise, advertise, advertise, the King and his kingdom.
WASP7000
Dive-aholic

Post by WASP7000 »

Dive right in Scuba looks like a pretty good deal for a HOG kit, free shipping and points towards the next purchase ($37.00 worth) so if you count that towards the purchase it's only like $335 for the full setup with SS plate and cam bands. Sounds pretty good to me.