seeking dive buddy

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
claret
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

seeking dive buddy

Post by claret »

Hi all,

I completed my scuba cert in July and have only been out for one dive since then. Needless to say, I'm dying to get in the water!

I'm hoping to find a buddy with whom I can eventually dive with on a regular basis (I envision about 1-2 dives per month.) Extra time to go out and dive has been in short supply, but I'm going to have more of it (time to dive) in the foreseeable future. Realistically, it may be late January before I can get out, but I'll see what I can squeeze in.

Claret :)
Last edited by claret on Sun Dec 31, 2006 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cera
Submariner

Post by Cera »

Well, you came to the right place to find a buddy. We dive here about everyday....
Welcome to the club!
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES..... THEY ARE NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING ... BUT THEY STILL BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN YOU PUSH THEM DOWN A FLIGHT OF STAIRS

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cera17
GillyWeed
Submariner

Post by GillyWeed »

Hi Claret,

I try to be in the water about every week. So let me know if you are ever interrested!

Welcome!

Cheers,

Holly
"Well I, I wont go down by myself, but I'll go down with my friends!"
jeff98208
Aquanaut

Post by jeff98208 »

welcome. if its a buddy you need, here is the place.
TAKE only pictures, KILL only time, LEAVE only bubbles!
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

1-2 dives per month?! Claret - hang out there and you can do that each week! Welcome aboard! :partyman:
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
thelawgoddess
Pelagic

Post by thelawgoddess »

hey claret, my boyfriend and i did our certs with you. :supz: that so sucks you've only gotten to go diving once since then. hopefully the NWDC can help rectify that unfortunate situation! i'd be happy to go diving with you some time. i have two work trips in the next few weeks so it will likely be mid-january before i can dive, though.

ps - i love weird critters, too! here's one i found in cozumel last week:

he's a "sculptured slipper lobster" ... probably actually the size of a slipper, but cuter than bug. :-)
"Life without passion is life without depth."~J.Hollis
my FLICKR photo sets
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Welcome Claret!

Hope to dive with you soon,
You are welcome to join in on most of the dives we post.
So don't be shy, Just keep an eye on the "Dive Plans And Trip reports" section. :salute:
claret
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Post by claret »

Thanks everyone! I look forward to seeing you around the Sound! :)

Hi lawgoddess. The picture of that lobster is awesome! It made me laugh. I'd love to hear more about your dive experiences since OW cert this summer.