The AED has been installed at Cove 2!!

General banter about diving and why we love it.
renoun
I've Got Gills

Re: The AED has been installed at Cove 2!!

Post by renoun »

Peter Guy wrote:Doug -- Have you sent notices out to the dive shops (UW Sports, Bubbles, etc.) and the dive clubs
I sent a message to the Marker Buoy club list last night. I assume that members of other clubs are doing the same.

FWIW the only time I ever used an AED for real was on a ferry dock (she survived). Somebody should probably give the current water taxi operator a heads up. I tipped off the West Seattle Blog so that more folks in the community are aware of the AED's location.
"Just to be clear, doing the Diamond Knot requires at the minimum double IPAs to be DIR." - MattleyCrue
"Mmmm....... Oreos!
They didn't look too good when I was spitting in my mask for dive #2!" - cardiver
SeaGal
Just Settling In

Post by SeaGal »

Thank You!
The news has gotten around but I will pass it on to Bubbles and the Emerald Sea Dive Club again.
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

If anyone wants pictures, just have them email me through the site.
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
ljjames
I've Got Gills

Post by ljjames »

AWESOME WORK!!!!!!! I would like to do a video short on it... A couple interviews, the whys, etc... I think the story (and the back story) would be helpful to encourage other communities to do the same, and maybe a bit educational....

Would a few of you who were involved in it be interested? I think we could probably get it up on the new NWDN and other sites (they are working on more video content on their web site)

I'd also like to do some impromptu interviews of divers at the site asking if the know where it is, and what it is, reactions to the effort, etc...

what do ya think?
----
"I survived the Brittandrea Dorikulla, where's my T-shirt!"
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

ljjames wrote:AWESOME WORK!!!!!!! I would like to do a video short on it... A couple interviews, the whys, etc... I think the story (and the back story) would be helpful to encourage other communities to do the same, and maybe a bit educational....

Would a few of you who were involved in it be interested? I think we could probably get it up on the new NWDN and other sites (they are working on more video content on their web site)

I'd also like to do some impromptu interviews of divers at the site asking if the know where it is, and what it is, reactions to the effort, etc...

what do ya think?
I think it's a great idea and would be a great tribute to Jake. Shoot me an email.
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

I'll mention this at the Moss Bay Dive Club meeting tonight.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
Zen Diver
DAN Ambassador

Post by Zen Diver »

I'd be willing to do a Free AED class on the dedication day if anyone wants.

Valerie
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Great Job!
I too, hope it never has to get used, but it is a great step in the right direction for our local dive community.
Thanks!
Redondo? Edmond's UWP? Saltwater State Park?
How do we continue this? :smt064
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz: