Hi from Port Orchard

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
TCarter
Avid Diver

Hi from Port Orchard

Post by TCarter »

I've been a lurker on this board for while now. My usual dive buddy seems to be less available lately, so I thought I'd go ahead and introduce myself in hopes of finding more folks to dive with.

My dive bio: Qualified OW, AOW, Nitrox, and Advanced Nitrox. I've been diving about a year, and have a little over 100 dives, all cold water. I usually dive the South Sound, with the occasional jaunt to the Seattle area or Hood Canal sites, or sometimes hit nearby spots like Harper Dock or Fox Island. My diving style is pretty much just ease along, not too fast, and try not to stir up the bottom. My air consumption is usually around 0.5 cfm.

Anyway, I'm available for diving most weekends, and the occasional weekday. My favorite sites are Sunrise and Day Island, which I will dive just about any time the tides are good. Speaking of which, this coming weekend has some nice slack tides, so if you’re looking for someone to dive either of those sites, just let me know.

Hope to hook up with some of you out there.

Terry
coachrenz
Aquanaut

Welcome to the group.

Post by coachrenz »

Nice to have you not lurking anymore.

I am sure you will find lots and lots of people to dive with you here on the board.

Enjoy.
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Someone to help dive Day Iland? Cool!
My Dry Suit is in the shop right now but I will take you up on the Day Island or Sunrise offer,day soon.

I can't seem to get my Regular Dive buddy to attempt the huge walk / entry at Sunrise.
Zen Diver
DAN Ambassador

Re: Hi from Port Orchard

Post by Zen Diver »

TCarter wrote: Speaking of which, this coming weekend has some nice slack tides, so if you’re looking for someone to dive either of those sites, just let me know.

Terry
Of course the tides are good this weekend, I'm working ](*,)

Welcome Terry!

-Valerie
Sudie
Frequent Bubbler

Post by Sudie »

Hi Terry! I'm from Kitsap as well, Hansville actually. Let me know if you want to hit the water. I've got classes this weekend at Pt. Townsend but the future has many days for fun and deviousness. Since you are a Sound Dive person we probably have a few mutual acquaintences and maybe even have met before at some point at the shop.
Zen Diver
DAN Ambassador

Post by Zen Diver »

Sudie! Greetings!

-Valerie :salute:
GillyWeed
Submariner

Post by GillyWeed »

Welcome Sudie and Terry!

Hope to see you in the water soon!

Cheers,

Holly
"Well I, I wont go down by myself, but I'll go down with my friends!"
Sudie
Frequent Bubbler

Post by Sudie »

Hey Valerie. Last weekend was the most fun I've had in class in ages, and to think I picked up a few tricks too. When's the advanced First Aid for Marine Animals class? I'd like to sign up for it. You never know when you might come across a nekkid man on crack suffering from Alligator bites, or what to do when an alligator snapping turtle attacks. :)

Hi there Holly. Are you still on for the Olympics? The details and entry forms go out this week to the dive shops and clubs.
Cera
Submariner

Post by Cera »

Welcome to the board terry!
That is a pretty good sac rate! Hope to see you in the water soon!
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES..... THEY ARE NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING ... BUT THEY STILL BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN YOU PUSH THEM DOWN A FLIGHT OF STAIRS

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cera17
TCarter
Avid Diver

Post by TCarter »

Bassman - Yep, Sunrise is a hike, but I think it's worth it, especially on a nice slack tide, with all the GPO's, wolfies, and smaller critters, and all the color down there...just a great dive site.

Thanks for the welcome!

Terry
jeff98208
Aquanaut

Post by jeff98208 »

welcome terry. if your ever in the north end and want to dive, look me up and we'll hit waters. i'm ow, aow, rescue, nitrox, and digatal underwater photography.
TAKE only pictures, KILL only time, LEAVE only bubbles!
TCarter
Avid Diver

Post by TCarter »

Jeff, I will take you up on that some time. I've never dove Mukilteo, and only been to EUP and Edmonds Oil Dock (great site) once. I'm off work between Xmas and New Years, so you may hear from me then!

Terry
DiverDown
I've Got Gills

Post by DiverDown »

Jeff is right, Mukilteo is a good dive.. :supz: Of course I am partile to the MUK. Considering I have dove there 500+ times.. :bounce: If you want a tour send either one of us a PM. Jeff learned from the best instructor around, The same one that taught me.. He He, considering he is the one that taught me to dive I think hes the best.. \:D/

So welcome here, hope to see you in the water! :supz:
Who run barter town?
Sergeant Pepper
Perma Narc'd

Post by Sergeant Pepper »

Welcome you 2. Hope to see you in the water soon. Another North end diver here like Diverdown and jeff.
I don't mind losing, but I do mind sucking!