Can you recommend a class in Everett?

General banter about diving and why we love it.
Berritt
Aquaphile

Can you recommend a class in Everett?

Post by Berritt »

My girlfriend wants to get certified, and I told her I'd ask for recommendations. She lives in Everett, I am sure she'd be willing to drive a little ways, but the dive shop that I like is down here in Tacoma and that's much too far.

Thanks in advance!! :luv:
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Re: Can you recommend a class in Everett?

Post by Grateful Diver »

Northwest Sports Divers ... of course!

Their new location makes them incredibly easy from Everett.

I think Scott Lundy's teaching there these days ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

I'd also recommend NWSD, although, if she's willing to drive a little further, my husband can do a private class for her (we're in Woodinville). I think he does a pretty good job, and his schedule is very flexible (he's retired).
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
sheahanmcculla
I've Got Gills

Post by sheahanmcculla »

Evergreen dive service is right on Evergreen way in Everett. Norm does the teaching, and he is a great guy...very funny too.
Berritt
Aquaphile

Post by Berritt »

Thanks everyone for the ideas. I will let her know. So many great options. :highfive:
TCWestby
Submariner

Post by TCWestby »

NWSD is a great shop and Evergreen Dive Service is doing classes now too. Norm is great.
Looking for dive buddies

Work is for the surface interval....
doug7377
Avid Diver

Post by doug7377 »

hello i would say evergreen dive service at 4610 evergreen way would be good they teach the OW class in dry suit and the cost for the class is 350.00 for ever thing
TCWestby
Submariner

Post by TCWestby »

Another good reason for EDS, Dry suit training which can be real nice if you are sensitive to the cold.
Looking for dive buddies

Work is for the surface interval....
scobanro
Just Settling In

Post by scobanro »

Well, gee theres a new dive store in everett that would just love to teach a local diver... if i may be so brash. Evergreen Dive Sevice, teaches in Dry suits too. But all locations will do a very good job in getting her training. best of luck.
Anthony
Frequent Bubbler

Post by Anthony »

Can anyone recommend a program for my girlfriends 12 year old son? Everything I've seen so far an adult needs to accompany him and my girlfriend and I don't really want to take the class just for that. Any ideas would be appreciated!
Alexitt
Submariner

Post by Alexitt »

I'd put in a vote for Norm @ EDS since I go on a lot of shop dives with them... Yes they teach in a drysuit and the price includes all your personal gear ie. mask, fins, gloves, boots, and course kit... plus they're a great bunch to dive with...

Anthony- Norm works great for kids too Give them a call or stop in...
-Alex-

"so in the interest of advising something...let's see..."the early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese!" -Eliseaboo

doug7377
Avid Diver

Post by doug7377 »

For anthony i saw on craiglist there a teen scuba camp in south king county july 12-15 for 395 try looking up teen scuba camp on craigslist there teaching beginning opwn water in july then advanced in august 16-19
Anthony
Frequent Bubbler

Post by Anthony »

Thanks for the heads up guys, I appreciate it and will look into both options.
scobanro
Just Settling In

Post by scobanro »

This is kind of getting away from the first post, Thanks all for the words of encouragement but i would just like to remind all, that junior divers must be accompanied with a family member ( adult) or an AI or Instructor when diving. I may be worng, but the 10 year old student I had last year, that was the case.
However, do not let that stop them if thats what they want to do, If not sure about it then hooken up with a discover Scuba, all the shops do that too.

:joshsmith: yepee another diver.

Norm
Anthony
Frequent Bubbler

Post by Anthony »

scobanro wrote:This is kind of getting away from the first post, Thanks all for the words of encouragement but i would just like to remind all, that junior divers must be accompanied with a family member ( adult) or an AI or Instructor when diving. I may be worng, but the 10 year old student I had last year, that was the case.
However, do not let that stop them if thats what they want to do, If not sure about it then hooken up with a discover Scuba, all the shops do that too.

:joshsmith: yepee another diver.

Norm
You know, its not really the class I have a hard time with. I'm all for going over basics again and again, it builds a good foundation. But most places I've called said that the kid needs an adult and the adult needs to pay (at a discounted rate, but paying at least half the normal tuition) for the class too. I really don't want to shell out $600+, 400 for the kid and at least 200 for me for one person getting certified. If it has to be it has to be, but...

I'm looking into that camp though, that sounds like something he'd really enjoy.
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

If you don't require gear rentals, or instruction/certification of any kind and you're just there to watch because it's required it seems to me that you should be able to find an instructor who won't charge you for simply being present.
"The She-Ps didn't work for either one of us, however- we accidently glued one to Dan's cat, and the other one ended up in a DEA evidence locker somehow." - Joshua Smith
scobanro
Just Settling In

Post by scobanro »

I my be way out of touch with reality ( sometimes is ok ) but the shop should not be charging you anything, but because of the age of student an adult needs to be there.
Hmm just sounds funny weird to me.
We have a scheduled class now with two junior divers. they are getting the training and thats what was paid for.

Norm