Octo tattoo

This forum is for all other types of chatter, including non-SCUBA stuff.
WylerBear
I've Got Gills

Octo tattoo

Post by WylerBear »

So, for my birthday my wife gave me a certificate to my tattoo artist for the"octopus of your dreams". I've been comtemplating an octo tattoo for awhile (to keep my Spotted Ratfish company) and now I can get serious about it. I want it to either twine around my upper arm or my calf. Anyone have a good drawing that might work? The tattoo artist has some ideas as do I but I'm open to other ideas.
Georgia

NOT diving is NOT an option
Cera
Submariner

Post by Cera »

Sounds cool! But no ideas....
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES..... THEY ARE NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING ... BUT THEY STILL BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN YOU PUSH THEM DOWN A FLIGHT OF STAIRS

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cera17
Dogboy
Aquaphile

Post by Dogboy »

My wife and I have been talking about getting matching octopus tattoos (hers smaller, mine bigger) for several years. I think if you do a search on Scubaboard, you will see some pretty good stuff. I remember they had a thread a while back with people posting photos of their scuba tattoos. I also did a general google seach of tattoos (octopus tattoos?) and saw some awsome octo tats. Who are you getting it from? For the Seattle area, we were really impressed by some of the work done by a couple of the artists at "Slave To The Needle". Make sure and post a photo after you get it. Chuck W.
Pinkpadigal
I've Got Gills

Post by Pinkpadigal »

One of my divemasters had a beautiful octo done on his shoulder. He had it done at Tattoo You here in Puyallup. I have seen the work from there and the artists are pretty good.

I want another one (I have a hawkbill turtle on my upper right thigh) but my husband has asked me not to. Since he doesn't ask me for much, I guess I won't be getting a six gill on my back.
Amy Rhodes
PADI Master Instructor #183890
A-2-Z Scuba Instruction
http://www.a2zscuba.com
WylerBear
I've Got Gills

Post by WylerBear »

I've gotten all of my tattoos (5 so far) from a woman here in Portland. Her tattoo place is called Dermagraphics. She has an MFA in art and I've been very pleased with her work, i.e. the tattoo of the woman centaur actually looks like me, both of the tats of my dogs look like my dogs, and the Spotted Ratfish is just wonderful. She's great. My wife has also had 2 done by her and we're very pleased.
Thanks for suggestions. I haven't posted on Scubaboard with this so far but will probably do that next.
Georgia

NOT diving is NOT an option