Female Wolfeel looking for her home

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
PeninsulaDiver
Aquaphile

Female Wolfeel looking for her home

Post by PeninsulaDiver »

Because of "other" duties and a stuffy head, it's been almost 3 weeks since I have hit the water. I was finally able to dive Sunday and the plan was to visit Flagpole. We had two superb dives on the Knuckle. There was a muck layer down to 40 then, as it usually does, it opened nicely from there. Lots of critters out and about. We found two octopus on eggs and at least 3 others in their den along with the usual Wolfeel and Rockfish populations. Although I didn’t find it, one diver reported seeing a juvenile Yelloweye. It's been about a month since my last dive there where I didn't notice any damage to the Cloud Sponge, in fact they looked unchanged. Sadly this time I found broken off pieces of sponge which I don't believe could have happened naturally. To find Cloud Sponge within recreational limits is pretty special so when diving this site, please pay attention to your buoyancy so we can enjoy them for a long, long time.

Thanks to my dive buddy ETDiver. Here is what I was looking at while you were hang'in on the line. Take a look at her belly. It looks to me like she either just finished lunch or she's prego. Either case near the end of the video, she was having issues getting back into the den with papa.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1KMokviFeM[/youtube]

-Mark
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: Female Wolfeel looking for her home

Post by Penopolypants »

What a great find! I love finding wolfies on walkabout.
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
Tubesnout23
Submariner

Post by Tubesnout23 »

What a great encounter! I hope to have one like that sooooon!
pogiguy05
I've Got Gills

Post by pogiguy05 »

Awesome!!!

I know how she feels when I eat so much I can hardly fit into my front door too. :popcorn:
Jeff Castor
mjachetta
Frequent Bubbler

Post by mjachetta »

Thank you for sharing, that was delightful,