Monday Muk recap video (with clams jumping)

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
Dashrynn
I've Got Gills

Monday Muk recap video (with clams jumping)

Post by Dashrynn »

Went to dive muk this monday and as usual had fun, Made a short video to recap the dive. Saw a clam jumping for safety, a cabby, and a whole lot of bad viz

[vimeo]http://www.vimeo.com/12970281[/vimeo]
LCF
I've Got Gills

Re: Monday Muk recap video (with clams jumping)

Post by LCF »

Very cool video of the clam! Things are certainly (justifiably) terrified of those sunflower stars.

A couple of very squared away divers chilling . . .
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Nice video Dash, thanks! I haven't managed to edit my video and get it up yet. I chopped that canister down last night, that thing was stupid big.

Lynne, that was my first dive in dubs, I spent a lot of time just hanging, getting used to them. Matt was pushing the crack hard on Monday, Trevor and I are both shopping for dubs I think...
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
April
Dive-aholic

Post by April »

Nice bubble rings!
April
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

NIce video Dash!! The song fit real well too, who was that track by?
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

That was your FIRST dive in doubles, Jake? Wow! Congratulations, big time, from me. I've never seen anybody trim out that well on the first dive, and be that quiet. What tanks were you diving?
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

LCF wrote:That was your FIRST dive in doubles, Jake? Wow! Congratulations, big time, from me. I've never seen anybody trim out that well on the first dive, and be that quiet. What tanks were you diving?
Thanks. Those are Matt's 100's. Something was up though because they were rolled to the right really bad. I'm thinking it might have been my argon bottle. I think you can see it in that first pic, but you can see it better here -

http://www.vimeo.com/12936281

Right post I could reach no problem. Left post, not so much.
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
MikeMeagher
Dive-aholic

Post by MikeMeagher »

That was interesting seeing that clam "run for his life"..... way cool video shot.
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

We had another great couple of Monday Mukilteo Dives! This week's flavor was doubles crack :blackblink:

I couldn't believe how squared away both Jake and Trevor were right out of the gate with doubles. At one point during dive two I swam up to Trevor and indicated that he should try to reach his valves. He calmly reached back and grabbed right post, isolator, and left post - all with his RIGHT HAND!

Also, Mark (Lonestardiver) made an appearance and I think he's out drooling over can lights.

Oh, and I'm still working on my bubble ring technique but I think I was able to show that yes, it can be done!
"The She-Ps didn't work for either one of us, however- we accidently glued one to Dan's cat, and the other one ended up in a DEA evidence locker somehow." - Joshua Smith
Dashrynn
I've Got Gills

Post by Dashrynn »

Norris wrote:NIce video Dash!! The song fit real well too, who was that track by?
Thanks everyone! The artist who made this song is broken bells and the song is the high road.

I was trying to find the right tone for the mood in the video and had a couple selections but after playing this one it seemed more like MMM divers mood. Very casual and never in a hurry.
Alexitt
Submariner

Post by Alexitt »

Pretty cool... Never have I seen a clam run for his life before... Nice work!!!
-Alex-

"so in the interest of advising something...let's see..."the early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese!" -Eliseaboo