Dive club activities

General banter about diving and why we love it.
straitscuba
Aquaphile

Dive club activities

Post by straitscuba »

I am the pres of our local dive club here in PA and would like to hear some suggestions of things for the club to do, geust speakers, etc. I would appreciate any feedback
thanks
Howard
enchantmentdivi
Amphibian

Post by enchantmentdivi »

Howard,

I have been the chief slave/organizer of the Puget Sound Depth Chargers for the last 4 years. (We don't have formal officers, so I refuse to call myself the president :evil4: ) When I first took over, I got a lot of great ideas by surfing other local clubs' websites--especially for guest speakers. Feel free to steal any ideas you want from us at http://www.psdepthchargers.com. If you click on "monthly newsletters" on the left hand side of the page, you will find each newsletter going back 4 years. And, you're welcome to attend a club meeting and/or dive if you're in the area! (that invitation goes out to everyone)

Jenn
coachrenz
Aquanaut

Post by coachrenz »

enchantmentdivi wrote:I have been the chief slave/organizer of the Puget Sound Depth Chargers for the last 4 years. (We don't have formal officers, so I refuse to call myself the president :evil4: )

And, you're welcome to attend a club meeting and/or dive if you're in the area! (that invitation goes out to everyone)

Jenn
And I have some really good pictures of Jenn if you want to see them.

But, in all seriousness, Jenn has done an AMAZING job being our President.

Tim
Huskychemist
Dive-aholic

I can vouch for her...

Post by Huskychemist »

enchantmentdivi wrote:Howard,

I have been the chief slave/organizer of the Puget Sound Depth Chargers for the last 4 years. (We don't have formal officers, so I refuse to call myself the president :evil4: ) When I first took over, I got a lot of great ideas by surfing other local clubs' websites--especially for guest speakers. Feel free to steal any ideas you want from us at http://www.psdepthchargers.com. If you click on "monthly newsletters" on the left hand side of the page, you will find each newsletter going back 4 years. And, you're welcome to attend a club meeting and/or dive if you're in the area! (that invitation goes out to everyone)

Jenn

I've been going to Depth Charger meetings for a year or so...and the meetings are great.

As a "newer" diver, the formal stuff has been good for helping me learn. Recently, Mike Racine, from the Washington Scuba Alliance, came to our meeting to talk about the advocacy his group is doing for divers and the environment. Very informative.

I encourage you to steal Jenn's ideas, as they've been great for our club.

Happy Meeting...and Diving!

Lowell
Happy Diving!

Lowell, aka Huskychemist

http://scuba.huskychemist.org
scubagrunt
Avid Diver

Post by scubagrunt »

Hi Howard,
if anyone is interested in tech diving or rebreathers in your club i could come over for a show and tell and talk. Email me or call me if you like. scubagrunt@hotmail.com
425-418-7426
mel
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Howard,
Have you guys done a trip to Sund Rock yet?
"Rest-A-While" RV Park has some good deals for Diveclubs and the "Hood sport & dive", Dive shop, is great too for club discounts too.

You might want to check with John Rawlings to set up a presentation of the Warren couple / Cresent Lake thing. PM him, on this board.
GillyWeed
Submariner

Post by GillyWeed »

I have been the chief slave

She is a very efficient and lovely chief slave though!
"Well I, I wont go down by myself, but I'll go down with my friends!"
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

HeyHoward,

I have a couple for you

how about asking NW Scuba mom ( Janna ) to come up and give you guys her Critter ID classes I under stand there is a cert you can get with them and every one I know that has taken the classes tell me its well worth the time and even more fun to do

Also I would highly recomend you contact GratefullDiver about his Gas management

I am told that this is a well thought out and will change the way you look at diving.

And aslo John Rwalins puts on a killer demenstration on how a team of divers of which is is a member of found the Warens in Lake Cresent

just a few idea I had off the top of my head.

OH ! and if I may
I have one more I think would be fun
every member make a dive at your favorite local dive site and then make a presentation on it to the club

kind of like a book report type thing
could be fun

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Learns from the mistakes of those that have gone before him