How/Who to best re-customize a DUI TLS?

Need advice on recreational gear configurations? Look no further than this equipment forum.
SeattleYates
Aquaphile

How/Who to best re-customize a DUI TLS?

Post by SeattleYates »

I have a custom DUI TLS, purchased at Bubbles Below in Woodinville a few years back. I've lost 50 lbs this past year (from 280 to 230) and as you can imagine, the suit is now pretty "loose" (although still diveable). Is there someone good locally who can re-customize it for me, should I take it back to BB, or should I just not worry about it and dive it as is?
Bruce Yates
Photography: http://www.UnderwaterReflections.com
"If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. No use being a damned fool about it." WC Fields
spudgunman
Compulsive Diver

Re: How/Who to best re-customize a DUI TLS?

Post by spudgunman »

50lbs that is the size of a small child.. why not sew in a window and pack along a built in buddy? I know of a few kids you can use!

(ha)
Kelly(boy)
_____
Per TOS: I explicitly ask you to feel free to criticize me constructively or just because you want to pick on me.
ljjames
I've Got Gills

Post by ljjames »

after loosing 50lbs, you'll likely want the extra room for the heavier insulation ;) brrrrr!

congrats on the weight loss!!! (assuming it was not because of illness or something)
----
"I survived the Brittandrea Dorikulla, where's my T-shirt!"
Blaiz
Pelagic

Post by Blaiz »

spudgunman wrote:50lbs that is the size of a small child.. why not sew in a window and pack along a built in buddy? I know of a few kids you can use!

(ha)

hmmm i wonder if i could do that, then cram my dog in for the ride.....
The student was ready.

it's nice to have low expectations, sometimes - lcf

I said keep going, not start whining -airsix
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

I think you would want to have it taken in. DUI can do this kind of work -- they did some heavy customizing for a friend of mine, when he bought a used suit for his son. I don't know of anyone locally who tailors dry suits.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

There's a DUI DOG days/demo event coming up the weekend of the 28th at Mukilteo, I would take it there and talk to the rep about what you want. Congrats on losing weight! Although I'm sure the events leading up to it weren't that fun....
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
SeattleYates
Aquaphile

Post by SeattleYates »

ljjames wrote:congrats on the weight loss!!! (assuming it was not because of illness or something)
Not exactly illness -more like "or something" ;) I had a kidney transplant last October, and some of the potent meds they had me taking in those early months made me feel all day more like up-chucking than eating! But I really needed to lose the weight, so every day I'd say, "Hey, I feel like sh&#, but I'm losin' weight! Yippee!" :partydance:
Bruce Yates
Photography: http://www.UnderwaterReflections.com
"If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. No use being a damned fool about it." WC Fields