hello all

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
jodyroscoe
Getting To Know Folks

hello all

Post by jodyroscoe »

just wanted to introduce myself. Im new to the area. are there any good dives in the immediate portland area.
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Welcome Jody! The Oregon contingent is growing... We're in the South sound if you get up this way!
-Tom Nic
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Hello Jodyroscoe!
Welcome to the club, I'm also up here around the Tacoma area.
Let us know when your in the area!
Pretty soon Oregon will have its own chapter / section of nwdiveclub.com
Called "Solo diving no more, because we got Buddies now!"

Just a little ongoing thing about Oregon solo divers :smt064
I hope no one is offended.
jeff98208
Aquanaut

Post by jeff98208 »

granted i may reside here in the north end of the sound, oregon is always home for me. welcome to our cornor of the vast deep blue. :supz:

good day!
jeff
TAKE only pictures, KILL only time, LEAVE only bubbles!
WylerBear
I've Got Gills

Post by WylerBear »

I live in Portland but do all my diving up north. Have yet to do an Oregon coast dive. If you don't mind the 2-3 hour commute, the diving in Hood Canal/Seattle is great and sites plentiful. I go up about once a week or at least every other week. I'm always willing to carpool (I have a great dive van) and can dive any day of the week as long as I'm not working (and sometimes when I am). My schedule varies a lot so I dive whenever I can. Let me know if you'd be interested in riding up with me and having me show you around a dive site or two.
Welcome!
Georgia

NOT diving is NOT an option
Aquanautchuck
Pelagic

Post by Aquanautchuck »

Hi Jody, Welcome to our Nut and Fruit bowl. Great bunch of fun divers. There are some good dives here in the Portland area. But mostly all I can say about them is that you get wet. Most of us do the drive up north when we want to dive. Let me know if you want to get wet.

Charles
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

Jody :
Welcome to our Little POD
Most of the diving is done up in the Seattle ? Hood Canal Area

But if youhave your heart set on diving the oregon Coast I do know of a few sites along the coast

in the Tillamoohk area I live out in the Astoria area on the coast and dive them a lot some times Solo Hence bassmans Joke

You ever fell the need to get wet and dont want to go to Seattle let me know we can dive one of the Oregon sites but as with all oregon sites I know of the tides and curents are a big factor

but there is a few out here worth checking out

welcome to our group your going to find a lot of good divers here

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Learns from the mistakes of those that have gone before him
lostnbrownsmead
Avid Diver

welcome aboard

Post by lostnbrownsmead »

Welcome to the Club. There are several dives in the Oregon area. There is Tillamook, Netarts, Newport. There is also Clearlake up by Mt Hood and Waldo lake by Bend (Both altitude dives) Some people also dive in the Clackamas and Detroit river but I dont where and when. Welcome from Brownsmead OR (near Astoria)

Jay
Lost some where called Brownsmead
Sasquatch
Compulsive Diver

Post by Sasquatch »

Welcome.

Please post when you come North so some of us can dive with you and show you around.

Sea ya!
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Welcome to the best dive club in the Puget Sound! :partyman: We're glad you found us!
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
nice-diver
Compulsive Diver

Post by nice-diver »

welcome

I am from eugene and dive my area as much as I can, never dove up near portland.
Florence does have oregons first underwater park ( that I'll be diving sat p.m.)
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

nice-diver wrote:welcome

I am from eugene and dive my area as much as I can, never dove up near portland.
Florence does have oregons first underwater park ( that I'll be diving sat p.m.)

I havent dove that yet so make sure you let me know if its worth the drive or not

I am hinking of getting a dive in about the first part of next onth heve to see what kind of wekend work the boss has in mind.

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Learns from the mistakes of those that have gone before him
Sergeant Pepper
Perma Narc'd

Post by Sergeant Pepper »

Welcome Jody. We look forward to dragging you up to Seattle for a dive weekend!
I don't mind losing, but I do mind sucking!