friday 9/17 dive

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
thefreeviper
Just Settling In

friday 9/17 dive

Post by thefreeviper »

i am thinkin on a friday dive. one tank about 530ish meet up and 630ish splash. at sunnyside beach. i am a newer diver but very excited about diving and love to do it. so if anyone is up for a dive please let me know. or we can have a big group either way.
mcloed121
Aquanaut

Re: friday 9/17 dive

Post by mcloed121 »

me and one other is diving redondo if you want to join us meet 5pm
Anthony
thefreeviper
Just Settling In

Post by thefreeviper »

I could try but I don't think I would make it there in time from getting off work. Cause I should be off around 330 I hope lol. And then hit the shop to rent a wetsuit and weights.ill see and pm u on if I can or not. How many tanks u doing.
spudgunman
Compulsive Diver

Post by spudgunman »

I would like to try and make a redondo splash at 5 or meet at 5 and 1 or 2 dives?
Kelly(boy)
_____
Per TOS: I explicitly ask you to feel free to criticize me constructively or just because you want to pick on me.
thefreeviper
Just Settling In

Post by thefreeviper »

im thinkin fri sounds good. at redondo. 5pm. im thinkin one tank. im not cert for night. and i think tank 2 would be in night. or atleast coming up would be towards night. if it wouldnt be i might be able to do 2 just let me know what yall are thinkin.
mcloed121
Aquanaut

Post by mcloed121 »

going to do two dives hope if not one cause i will be back at redondo for the nwclub dive
Anthony
thefreeviper
Just Settling In

Post by thefreeviper »

same here. i was going to go sat as well.
msmith80
Just Settling In

Post by msmith80 »

Might be in the les davis area friday afternoon for a dive as another option.
thefreeviper
Just Settling In

Post by thefreeviper »

No clue where les davis is
msmith80
Just Settling In

Post by msmith80 »

thefreeviper wrote:No clue where les davis is
Right down Ruston Way on the Tacoma Waterfront. 40-60 feet deep and lots debris from the old Tacoma Narrows Bridge. Its about 1/4 mile away from the Ram on the Waterfront.
finnegankp
Dive-aholic

Post by finnegankp »

Hey freeviper, if you ever want to do a night dive, just to get an idea for what it feels like I'd love to take you out in the water some time. You don't have to have a special certification for night diving to dive at night, though the specialty course can be helpful. I live up in Bellevue and dive mostly the North Sound but grew up in Tacoma and got certified at Sunnyside. I haven't dove there in a while but I'm sure I still know my way around.

- Kyle
To dive? Or not to dive?... the latter is irrelevant! Get in the water!
thefreeviper
Just Settling In

Post by thefreeviper »

i wish i could sometime. i leave for tx on monday. i mean i would be willing to go tonight. get like one tank in right b4 dark and then a secnd at dark if you would like. it would be nice to try it out b4 i go and get any class. lets me know if i would like it. but i know saying tonight would be kinda a last min. but if you would like then let me know.
finnegankp
Dive-aholic

Post by finnegankp »

Viper - I probably couldn't make it down south tonight after work until later and it would surely be dark by about the time that I make it down there. And I would definitely prefer at least one dive before dark just to get reaquainted with Sunnyside. However if you wanted to come up North a bit after you get off we could try for a dive here in Seattle around Cove 1 or 2 or out at Alki. Though that might be asking a bit much... I'm considering coming down to the south side this weekend to visit my parents who live in UP. Perhaps we could meet up and do a couple dives this weekend before you head out on Monday.
To dive? Or not to dive?... the latter is irrelevant! Get in the water!
thefreeviper
Just Settling In

Post by thefreeviper »

well tomorrow im going to redondo with the club dive. and sunday i wish i could go out. but i rent my wetsuit ( no point in buying when i leave monday) and also my weight belt. same thing as suit. in texas ill need less weight. and ill be turning in thos 2 items sun early morning. and i really aint got the money to rent again lol. so i wish i could and i thank you for the idea though.