A big pat on the back

Discuss Team Diving here.
LCF
I've Got Gills

A big pat on the back

Post by LCF »

I just happened to notice that an awful lot of the people who showed up to the club dive today to mentor "younger" divers were of "this" persuasion. I think it's wonderful that so many people turned out to help new divers get more comfortable and stable in the water. It seems to be a big part of our community; kudos to us!
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Re: A big pat on the back

Post by Sounder »

I noticed this too, and was actually quite proud of this fact. I even had a comment (author of which shall remain anonymous unless they choose to disclose their identity) made to me along the lines of "you DIR-types are nothing like you're made out to be" inferring that we're not the skill-driven no-fun unapproachable you're-gonna-die a-holes that some folks would like the community to believe we are.

I love this and hope that the perception is changing, even if it's only one diver at a time. Great job everyone.
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
mz53480
I've Got Gills

Re: A big pat on the back

Post by mz53480 »

Yes, thank you all!
:supz:
...I like going to the chamber.. They have great food there, and awsome live music "H20doctor"
Check out the VIDEOS!