Sunny Day in Hoodscanal!

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
Bric Martin
Aquanaut

Sunny Day in Hoodscanal!

Post by Bric Martin »

I had a great day with the Downtime in Hoodscanal today!

I got on the road early and as I drove up HWY 101 there was a morning fog over the canal. Through the fog I could make out fishing boats on the water. As the sun rose I could see the mountain tops above the fog, it was a beautiful morning. The water was glassy calm and the day couldn't have started any better! As I drove down the hill to the dock I saw that the Pacific Adventures boat was already loading. At the boat Don, Mark, and Krista were helping divers load their gear. I said my hellos and started loading my gear.

Today we dove Pullali East, Pullali West, and the Pinnacle. With all the talk of the low o2 levels in the Hoodscanal I really didn't know what to expect for today's diving. To my suprise the sites were spectacular!!! The East wall of Pullali is very colorful and one of my favorite spots. The rock faces are covered with life. The shallows of Pullali West are covered with small sponges of different colors. The last dive of the day was the biggest suprise of all. As I descended through the muck on the Pinnacle the visibility opened up to about 45 feet. I could see large expanses of the Pinnacles structure and the boulder field down onto the canals floor. It was one of those great dives that happen every once in a while.
Today was a great day. If you have the chance now is the time to dive in Hoodscanal, before the weather changes.

Thank you Pacific Adventures for another great day!
Attachments
IMG_0156-1.jpg
IMG_0143-1.jpg
IMG_0210-1.jpg
IMG_0185-1.jpg
Bric Martin

Save the Oceans, Save Ourselves!
RIP LCF
https://goo.gl/photos/tSdZZHXf4xejLBSz5
https://goo.gl/photos/fTCN7LuFvxWYF11e8
PeninsulaDiver
Aquaphile

Re: Sunny Day in Hoodscanal!

Post by PeninsulaDiver »

Bric, it was a pleasure having you on Down Time yesterday. That was definitely one for the books! :thumb3d:

-Mark
don
Aquaphile

Re: Sunny Day in Hoodscanal!

Post by don »

Nice pictures Bric, looks like you're getting off to a good start with that new camera! It's always great to see you, already looking forward to the next time. Keep fingers crossed for more weather like we had yesterday!
Thanks for diving with us!
don