Deep, Dark, And scary ...

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Deep, Dark, And scary ...

Post by H20doctor »

so you say , Man I wish i could dive somewhere and get some excitement ...< man if only there was aplace that could test me mentally in the water , a place that would Mind Mess me up ... a place that would test my inviro Ment , Test My compass , test everything I have learned .... well there is .. and it at a Lake dive near you... But in order to reach these Brain twisting mind screws.. dive it at night , cause the lake is Black , and nothing , I mean nothing looks the same .. Its dark, cold and scary .. Voids of brown moon surface greet you ... voids of.. "where the hell are we " and is the shore really that way ? ... I know im at 25 feet , But man Im scared crapless of being here ...Man i dare not touch the 8 foot thick goo thats covering the bottom of this lake im in ... Yes you can Have all this and More , at your nearest lake ... I know i did , and i enjoyed every minute of it...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oxt901ln ... r_embedded[/youtube]
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
Jan K
I've Got Gills

Re: Deep, Dark, And scary ...

Post by Jan K »

Is there reward in reporting you as a hit and run driver ? :rofl:
Funny video :supz:
http://JanKocian.smugmug.com

I take photos because I like it, not because I'm good at it. :) by Unknown
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

There was something fishy about that underwater hit and run ...Jan
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

Hey fresh water Lobsters! Them bees real good eatin AHAR! :pirate:
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

You don't have to dive the lake at night. It's equally dark and spooky in the daytime.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
gutholmj
Perma Narc'd

Post by gutholmj »

Excellent video, always entertaining.
"Well as much as this pains me I am gonna have to pull out" - pogiguy05
mjachetta
Frequent Bubbler

Post by mjachetta »

Thanks for sharing, I loved it :supz:
luv 2 dive
Just Settling In

Post by luv 2 dive »

WOW!!! You guys had WAY TOOO Much FUN!!! :rofl:
lavachickie
Dive-aholic

Post by lavachickie »

Excellent choice in music, and excellent comic relief. :) Sometimes the places where there ISN'T a LOT of amazing things are neat just to see what DOES go on there. I mean crayfishzilla was under a snorkel fin, for god's sake!

And it's CHEAP BEER that kills. Just cheap beer.
Hey Oregon Divers: check out Oregon Scuba Club! http://oregonscuba.com
Looking forward to Roatan June 2016.
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Weirdest dive I ever did was in a 25 ffw lake at night. I was a newer diver, and bassman and I decided to hit a lake by his house. There was a few odds and ends in the shallows but once we descended into the murk to about 20' or so... shiver... I remember touching what I thought was the bottom with my light cannon and my light and arm disappearing up to my elbow leaving us in pitch blackness and I never felt anything solid.... shiver...
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Is that the SST-50 light?
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

Yep.. That was the square beam sst50.. Funky thing that dive light is ..
MikeMeagher
Dive-aholic

Post by MikeMeagher »

You dove Lake Stevens???.. I'd a never thunk to do that.
I think that I'll dive Lake Whatcom sometime this winter.. what the heck!
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

Ill have to admit it was pretty fun. The song fits because as you are scaling the bottom it looks like the moons surface.
Tom I did the same thing once. I was sinking a little and out of habit used my light to just "barely" push off from the bottom...um yeah, never did determine the bottom, went elbow deep....shudder
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Norris wrote:Tom I did the same thing once. I was sinking a little and out of habit used my light to just "barely" push off from the bottom...um yeah, never did determine the bottom, went elbow deep....shudder
Plus this was back in the day when what little buoyancy control I had was all bad... :violent1: If that doesn't convince you that buoyancy control and staying off the bottom is a good thing nothing will.

Come to think of it... that might be a good technique for.... Nah, nevermind.
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

Tom Nic wrote:
Norris wrote:Tom I did the same thing once. I was sinking a little and out of habit used my light to just "barely" push off from the bottom...um yeah, never did determine the bottom, went elbow deep....shudder
Plus this was back in the day when what little buoyancy control I had was all bad... :violent1: If that doesn't convince you that buoyancy control and staying off the bottom is a good thing nothing will.

Come to think of it... that might be a good technique for.... Nah, nevermind.
:)
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**