Light-for-me euro light nice price and interesting build.

Need advice on recreational gear configurations? Look no further than this equipment forum.
Dashrynn
I've Got Gills

Light-for-me euro light nice price and interesting build.

Post by Dashrynn »

Looking on scubaboard on my off night (my life is so interesting) i found this light builder.

http://www.light-for-me.com/index.php?p ... Itemid=156

Nice price for the lumens...interesting charging method. Maybe interesting choice for any new can light buyers.

Here's what the site says.
Optics:

* 4-lense collimator with scattering angle of 6-8 degrees providing a very narrow beam of light

* LEDs of the newest Cree generation:
o 4 x Cree 4W 131 lumens/Wat placed ona ceramic-aluminium PCB base
o the colour/intensity of light - cold white 7000 up to 9000K corresponding to HID
o LEDs made on special order

Electronics:

* controlled by a microprocessor
* 2 versions of brightness: 10% and 100%
* supervision over the LEDs' temperature
* magnetic switch

Charger:

* The set includes microprocessor charger fed from power100-240V grid 50-60Hz

Set of batteries:

* Sealed set of NiMH batteries with 14,4V supply voltage.
* the set is made from high quality batteries
* The cylindrical batteries' container is also made from anodised aluminium with laser engravings. It allows outer charging (without opening the cannister) and is equipped with pressure fuse and moisture absorber.

* Burn time: 3h with 100% power
* Test in pressure chamber: 10bar
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Re: Light-for-me euro light nice price and interesting build

Post by H20doctor »

looks floody ...
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

H20doctor wrote:looks floody ...
Why do you say that?
"The She-Ps didn't work for either one of us, however- we accidently glued one to Dan's cat, and the other one ended up in a DEA evidence locker somehow." - Joshua Smith
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

H20doctor wrote:looks floody ...
Pressure tested to 10 bar does not=floody???? But they sure like themselves with all those lazer graffics. They could cut the price a bunch if they dumped all that and I'm not sure that it won't cause corrosion. 500 lumens isn't a very bright light unless I am reading there rating wrong. 4 x 131lumens??? Ah well, It sure looks nice and until someone actually gets one or sees one in action we really don't know how they will compare to US made lights and warranty service would be a pain.
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

He means the beam will have a lot of spread(flood light) not that the light will flood. Typically lights with more than one emitter are going to have a broader beam than those with a single emitter. (see DR700LED vs the Light Monkey LED) You can do some things with really good aspheric optics to mitigate that, but I've not seen any commercial manufacturers do it that way.
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

Ya... What jake said.. Light has a wide flood , otherwise it looks very built nice and fancy..what is the price ? American
Dashrynn
I've Got Gills

Post by Dashrynn »

Go to the product page and it tells you in usd this one is 1100 lumens for 372$ its 131 lumens per watt and its 4 emitters at 4watts apiece
April
Dive-aholic

Post by April »

make sure it has a return policy :neener:
April
mz53480
I've Got Gills

Post by mz53480 »

April wrote:make sure it has a return policy :neener:
:rofl:
...I like going to the chamber.. They have great food there, and awsome live music "H20doctor"
Check out the VIDEOS!
Dashrynn
I've Got Gills

Post by Dashrynn »

Don't count on me buying that. Just interesting. He seems more honest than the last light builder I bought from.
Blaiz
Pelagic

Post by Blaiz »

Dashrynn wrote:
Don't count on me buying that. Just interesting. He seems more honest than the last light builder I bought from.
Didn't you buy your last light from Chris? is that why you spit on the ground when his name comes up?
The student was ready.

it's nice to have low expectations, sometimes - lcf

I said keep going, not start whining -airsix
Dashrynn
I've Got Gills

Post by Dashrynn »

Blaiz wrote:
Dashrynn wrote:
Didn't you buy your last light from Chris? is that why you spit on the ground when his name comes up?
Nah I spit cuz of the excess saliva. No my last light was from someone everyone remembers
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

If you buy another dive light from an online person I will beat you like a ratfish chewed up through a dive X prop...
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

That was a burn .... Baby , she roasted you
sitkadiver
Submariner

Post by sitkadiver »

Looks like a quality built light and a decent price. But did anyone notice his buddies light was brighter and did anyone else notice that at 1:55 it looked like his buddy was using a Nemo 4C?

I understand it's a floody-ier light, but still - I might have to get a Nemo.
I do not believe in taking unnecesary risks, but a life without risk is not worth living.
-Charles Lindbergh
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

sitkadiver wrote:Looks like a quality built light and a decent price. But did anyone notice his buddies light was brighter and did anyone else notice that at 1:55 it looked like his buddy was using a Nemo 4C?

Check before you buy. I had a nemo and it wouldn't work with rechargeable's. Makes for an expensive light!
Waynne Fowler
I've Got Gills

Post by Waynne Fowler »

I'll stick with US made stuff from companies who've been around a while. Service will be easier and I want to have a reasonable amount that when the light has problems they'll still be around to help out.
Looks cool though.
Ripper of drysuits, mocker of divers...there are no atheist divers in a mistimed Deception Pass dive. Jeremy
sitkadiver
Submariner

Post by sitkadiver »

Dusty2 wrote:
sitkadiver wrote:Looks like a quality built light and a decent price. But did anyone notice his buddies light was brighter and did anyone else notice that at 1:55 it looked like his buddy was using a Nemo 4C?

Check before you buy. I had a nemo and it wouldn't work with rechargeable's. Makes for an expensive light!

I hear ya, I put a mag lite bulb in my UK400 and had the same issue. Not enough voltage from the rechargables...... A total bummer.... Good news is that it's only a back-up light.

Meant to say that if I was in the market for a light I would consider the Nemo. As of now I have a light built by Chris and it's great, don't plan on replacing it anytime soon - unless he wants to build me "Death Light" clone at little or no cost...... hint hint hint......
I do not believe in taking unnecesary risks, but a life without risk is not worth living.
-Charles Lindbergh
Dashrynn
I've Got Gills

Post by Dashrynn »

Waynne Fowler wrote:I'll stick with US made stuff from companies who've been around a while. Service will be easier and I want to have a reasonable amount that when the light has problems they'll still be around to help out.
Looks cool though.
and who makes uemis, scubapro, and others?
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

With lights it's a toss up who actually makes them. Most are simply rebranded made in china and even if made in the USA all the components are made in China. But at least the name brand companies have US customer service and you don't have to deal with international shipping which is very costly and super slow.