I need a couple dive buddies for Neah bay

Looking for a dive buddy? Get paired up here.
Rod Crocker
Just Settling In

I need a couple dive buddies for Neah bay

Post by Rod Crocker »

I have a 21' dive boat that can handle up to 4 divers and would like to meet some new people to dive with. Neah Bay is a great dive area with lots of options, but divers need to have some experience. Before we go up there we should do a couple of easy boat dives in lower sound to become familiar with the people that want to go. Let me know if anyone is interested.
deep diver
Pelagic

Re: I need a couple dive buddies for Neah bay

Post by deep diver »

Hi Rod...

I'm always looking for someone to dive with. I live on the Peninsula and usually go diving along the hood canal out of my inflatable. Works good for 2. I've been wanting to get back up to Neah bay for awhile, but haven't been able to find anyone that wants to go that far. I dive mostly week days, but can do a week-end. If you ever want to dive over on the hood canal you can come over and I'll take you out in my boat and see how we do. If all goes well, I'd be up for Neah Bay. I'm available most days with a little notice.

Dale
It's a good day.... nobody died!
Rod Crocker
Just Settling In

Post by Rod Crocker »

Dale,

I'm in Toledo, WA, so no problem coming up to the canal. Let's try and get one more diver and I'll bring the 21' boat up to you for a quick dive. I can go anytime the weather isn't terrible, the kids have soccer on the weekends, so the week days are usually open for me to. I'm a farmer, so I can always arrange the schedule. Neah Bay can be the goal, but a couple of local dives will help set it up. My email is millcreekrod@gmail.com.

Rod
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

I'm always interested in making new diving friends ... if y'all have space, I'd like to dive with ya. Neah Bay would be cool ... as long as we've got a few dives in more locally first and gotten to know each other a bit ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/
Rod Crocker
Just Settling In

Post by Rod Crocker »

Bob,

It would be great to meet the man behind the glasses. The boat is ready to go and so am I. Let's work it out with Dale and and even one or two more if they can do it. You got may email from above or we can keep it on the forum. I'm new to the site, so I don't know all the rules yet. I'm not a big computer hound, I do better with old fashion communications, but I can go along with it if I have to!

Rod
deep diver
Pelagic

Post by deep diver »

Rod Crocker wrote:Dale,

I'm in Toledo, WA, so no problem coming up to the canal. Let's try and get one more diver and I'll bring the 21' boat up to you for a quick dive. I can go anytime the weather isn't terrible, the kids have soccer on the weekends, so the week days are usually open for me to. I'm a farmer, so I can always arrange the schedule. Neah Bay can be the goal, but a couple of local dives will help set it up. My email is millcreekrod@gmail.com.

Rod
Sounds great. I'm diving in Discovery bay this morning with a buddy I dive alot with. I think he would be interested too. I'll ask him today and let you know.
Being a general contractor I can pick and choose my days off too with a little notice. This Thursday I'm busy, but other than that just let me know. divehammerheads@yahoo.com.

Dale
It's a good day.... nobody died!
Bric Martin
Aquanaut

Post by Bric Martin »

Rod

If you are looking for a 4th I am very interested. I have akays wanted to see Neah Bay. If you guys are doing some local dives I have Sun/Mo off from work.

Bric
Bric Martin

Save the Oceans, Save Ourselves!
RIP LCF
https://goo.gl/photos/tSdZZHXf4xejLBSz5
https://goo.gl/photos/fTCN7LuFvxWYF11e8
Rod Crocker
Just Settling In

Post by Rod Crocker »

Monday would work for me, but Friday may be better for the weather. Dale since we are coming to you, the dive site is up to you. My boat can handle 4 max, but with your inflatable we could do as many as 6. I would like a boat dive site since beach diving really sucks in relative terms. Bric, the weather on Monday is looking like some rain, but I can handle that. Dale, with your friend and Bob we could handle one more and use both boats, which makes it better for pickups as well. Hope we can make this work. Remember Sunday is Super Bowl and I have plans for that. Another advantage to a weekday is fewer folks out there.

Rod
Rod Crocker
Just Settling In

Post by Rod Crocker »

Bric,

Get a hold of me on my email at millcreekrod@gmail.com, looks like Friday will be the best day for weather, so if you can make it we'd love to have you come along.

Rod
Rod Crocker
Just Settling In

Post by Rod Crocker »

Bob,

Hope Friday works for you too. Dale has two options for dive sites, both are in Hood Canal. I'll keep monitoring this site as well as my email.

Rod
Rod Crocker
Just Settling In

Post by Rod Crocker »

Bric and Bob,

Dale is set to meet us at 9 am at Quilcene Harbor on Friday. He plans to take us out to Pinnacle and Pulali. Let me know if you can make it. Bric, if you have to work I'll get together with you on another date, but when we go to Neah bay we will try to work it around your days off.

Rod
Rod Crocker
Just Settling In

Post by Rod Crocker »

Bric,

Hope you get back on this forum, Dale and I decided to change to Monday, since the weather report changed, but more importantly you're available and so is Dale's friend! Email me as soon as you can or I'll keep monitoring this forum.

Rod
gutholmj
Perma Narc'd

Post by gutholmj »

deep diver wrote:This Thursday I'm busy,
Dale
Damn.
"Well as much as this pains me I am gonna have to pull out" - pogiguy05
gutholmj
Perma Narc'd

Post by gutholmj »

Rod Crocker wrote:Bric,

Hope you get back on this forum, Dale and I decided to change to Monday, since the weather report changed, but more importantly you're available and so is Dale's friend! Email me as soon as you can or I'll keep monitoring this forum.

Rod
Monday? I could probably do Monday.
"Well as much as this pains me I am gonna have to pull out" - pogiguy05
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

Neah Bay is a Long drive , from toledo .. Id be happy to dive out there, but id like to stay for a weekend type dive party.. just from port angeles to neah is 2.5 hours.. Also Id be up for a day boat dive out on Port wilson Reef .. I need to do that reef again
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
Rod Crocker
Just Settling In

Post by Rod Crocker »

H2ODOCTOR,

I'm up for another 'get to meet' dive trip most any time, let me know a good time! Keep in touch and we'll work something out, I'm really trying to get back into the sport now that I have a boat again. Neah Bay is about 4 and a half hours from Toledo and if we go out there we need to stay at least 2 days. We need to get 4 dives or more to make it worth while. Duncan rock and Tatoosh have a lot to be seen, Wadda Island is pretty good too and all along the shoreline between them! My email is posted about. With the 21' boat, 4 divers can travel comfortably and we don't have to do shore dives!

Rod