Wolf eel rescue at the Muk

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
Agent 47
Aquaphile

Wolf eel rescue at the Muk

Post by Agent 47 »

So yesterday, "morning diver Bob" told me that he had seen a barge anchored in front of the T dock working on something in the water. We made plans to dive it this morning to see what kind of damage was done. We dropped in deep and scoped out the skiff at 130' looks like it got knocked sideways by an anchor but not badly damaged. Next to the geodome and thankfully still in one piece, the training rope we found in pieces, snapped in half by the same anchor that shifted the log pile on the ferry side. It was at the log pile where Bob started digging, I saw the sand had been disrupted but it was not untill I saw the edge of a burried log emerging that I understood what bob was fearing. The log, which had been burried under a mountian of sand, had been the home of a juvinile wolf eel only about three feet long. Much to our relief after digging his home out of the sand he emerged looking a little warry but more or less unscathed. So all in all a happy ending for now. I called the ferry service to find out what is going on down there but havn't heard back yet so im not sure if the worst is over or if the rest of the site is likely to get torn to bits before they are done.
I do have opinions of my own,,,very strong opinions!,, I just don't allways agree with them.

A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Re: Wolf eel rescue at the Muk

Post by Nwbrewer »

Nice work you guys!
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
Octoloco
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Octoloco »

Good job! Thanks from all of us that visit the little fellow/gal?
Dive by Shooting!!

Kathy
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Nice!
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

This is a great story. Bob has a heart of gold... but, of course, anyone who knows him already knows that!!
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
ljjames
I've Got Gills

Post by ljjames »

yay!!! you guys are awesome!!!!
----
"I survived the Brittandrea Dorikulla, where's my T-shirt!"
ORDiver
Aquanaut

Post by ORDiver »

Way to go guys and yet another reason to think Bob is cool. :supz:
citycatred
Submariner

Post by citycatred »

Yay!!!! You guys are awesome :supz:
When in doubt, make a fool of yourself. There is a microscopically thin line between being brilliantly creative and acting like the most gigantic idiot on earth. So what the hell, leap.
Cynthia Heimel
airsix
I've Got Gills

Post by airsix »

Outstanding! =D>
"The place looked like a washing machine full of Josh's carharts. I was not into it." --Sockmonkey
oldsalt
I've Got Gills

Post by oldsalt »

Thanks to both Aaron and Bob. :supz:
We Muk divers had best keep a watch on this place. Was the octo still under the boat? It was still there last week.
- Curt
Happy to be alive.
Agent 47
Aquaphile

Post by Agent 47 »

oldsalt wrote:Thanks to both Aaron and Bob. :supz:
We Muk divers had best keep a watch on this place. Was the octo still under the boat? It was still there last week.
- Curt
No the octo was gone, there was another one nearby but the one under the boat vacated the premesis when his home was tossed to the side.
I do have opinions of my own,,,very strong opinions!,, I just don't allways agree with them.

edm81363
Aquaphile

Post by edm81363 »

Hey -

It was nice talking to you this morning before my ferry came in. Thanks for the viz report and for helping my friendly neighborhood Wolfie!
-Ed in Mill Creek
OW, AOW, Boat, Deep, EANx, CPR, First Aid, O2, Rescue, HSA, DM
HydroGirl
Avid Diver

Post by HydroGirl »

Aaron,

Did you see the line at the deep end (Fishbowl)?
Is it still there?

Sandra
Sandra
Agent 47
Aquaphile

Post by Agent 47 »

The deep lines that Mike put in seem to be intact