New love of my life

This forum is for all other types of chatter, including non-SCUBA stuff.
Geek
Pelagic

New love of my life

Post by Geek »

I could gush and gush but I'll just say I got back from the breeders place tonight and here is a few pic's of the little girl that picked me....
IMG_0203.JPG
IMG_0202.JPG
played with the litter for awhile and then was talking with the breeder for a good 10 minutes, all the pups ran off to play and while we were talking looked down and this little girl was sitting there, she followed me around for the hour I was there and when it came time to pick one the choice was obvious :angelblue:

She comes home on the 15th :luv:
If I'm killed by the questions like a cancer,
Then I'll be buried in the silence of the answer.

http://www.tacomacomputersolutions.com

Life isn't like a box of chocolate's, life is like a box of chocolate and horse bisket's and no matter which one you get you have to keep on chewing...
citycatred
Submariner

Re: New love of my life

Post by citycatred »

:luv: :luv: :luv: :luv: :luv: :luv: :luv:
One word= CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTE
When in doubt, make a fool of yourself. There is a microscopically thin line between being brilliantly creative and acting like the most gigantic idiot on earth. So what the hell, leap.
Cynthia Heimel
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

awesome, dude! congrats!
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

like :)
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

That is one darn cute pup!
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

A new friend for life. She picked you and that's a special thing indeed. Every bit of love you give will be returned ten fold!

Congrats!
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Contracts, Kyle! She's one cute pup!
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
selkie
Submariner

Post by selkie »

:thumb3d:
"A man must have some wit to know he is a fool"

Maritime Archaeological Society (MAS)
http://maritimearchaeological.org/

Northwest Diving History Association (NWDHA)
http://www.divinghistory.org/
John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Post by John Rawlings »

Dude! I'm SO happy for ya! What a great pup! :luv:
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

http://www.advanceddivermagazine.com
http://johnrawlings.smugmug.com/
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

Congratulations! Puppy breath is the best! :luv:
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
Geek
Pelagic

Post by Geek »

Thanks all, now I get to look forward to not sleeping through the night and cold walks at 2am.... can't wait :angelblue:

I think I was very fortunate, I've never seen a litter of pup's that looked so well adjusted.... of course the breeder raises dogs for Search and Rescue, but normaly you see pup's that are nervous or clingy... shy.. not in this litter, all the ones I saw where amazing, coming up to strangers, exploring, the breeder even dropped a pail at one point (on accident) and the pup's just looked but could realy care less. I kept thinking to myself "how am I going to pick just ONE"!

Good thing the puppie's knew this and one took it upon herself to save me from picking :joshsmith:

and your right Dusty, getting picked by a puppy is an amazing feeling :luv:

Life isn't like a box of chocolate's, life is like a box of chocolate and horse bisket's and no matter which one you get you have to keep on chewing...
Fishstiq
Amphibian

New love of my life

Post by Fishstiq »

I fixed that for you. Image
Not just front page famous, but above the fold famous...

Waiting for your AIDS test results is no time to be thinking positive.
John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Post by John Rawlings »

Looks cute as a bug's ear! What's the breed?
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

http://www.advanceddivermagazine.com
http://johnrawlings.smugmug.com/
Geek
Pelagic

Post by Geek »

Fishstiq wrote:I fixed that for you. Image

More like "you look lost and kind of stupid so I'll take pity on you"

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
John Rawlings wrote:Looks cute as a bug's ear! What's the breed?
German Shepherd, Sire is a Shuzuhund 3 Champion and mom is an all black East German. I got to meet her and she is an amazing mom, very cool to see.

Marc
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Marc »

Good lookin' dog, Kyle.... Let me preview what she will look like for you. Get used to the views where they are running at you; this is far more common than the site of them laying down.
Sofiedog.JPG
IMG_0264.JPG
IMG_0265.JPG
Reporter: "The helmet has a special meaning for many drivers. How important is it to you?"

Raikkonen: "It protects my head."
ktb
I've Got Gills

Post by ktb »

OMG, how adorable! I didn't know you were thinking about a dog, Kyle. I'm so jealous and happy for you all at the same time. :luv:
Kelly
sea2summit
Avid Diver

Post by sea2summit »

Schrader house?
Geek
Pelagic

Post by Geek »

No not Schraderhaus, Shameless. I'm not looking for a competition dog myself, just one from a good line :)

Geek
Pelagic

Post by Geek »

BTW, I'm taking suggestions for vet's that people know in the Tacoma area, I have a few but anyone's personal recommendations would help

Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

Dr. Roy Wright, Portland Ave. veterinary clinic. My wife shows dogs so we have been through a bunch of them over the years and we have been going to Roy for more than 30 years. He also does the dogs for the Sheriffs K9 unit so he really knows shepards. The clinic is not a fancy big money operation so his rates are pretty reasonable and he is very knowledgeable and accessible.
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

Geek wrote:No not Schraderhaus, Shameless. I'm not looking for a competition dog myself, just one from a good line :)
Good thing, The show lines are prone to allot of hip problems and other things. The working shepherds tend to be allot more sound and healthy although some tend to be overly aggressive so it's important to find a breeder that breeds for temperament and the good old fashioned type shepherds that were bred for working not for that low slung rear that the show people are going for these days.

Blitz, that's a very nice looking shepherd.
Last edited by Dusty2 on Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Marc
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Marc »

The people raising GSDs for show are destroying the breed with their jackassery. Its a working breed.

Dusty, thank you. She is an awesome dog, my first Shepherd. I am spoiled for other breeds, with the exception of maybe a Malinios.
Last edited by Marc on Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reporter: "The helmet has a special meaning for many drivers. How important is it to you?"

Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

Blitz wrote:The people raising GSDs for show are destroying the breed with their jackassery. Its a working breed.
+100% on that. Malinios tend to be very aggressive and tough to handle
Last edited by Dusty2 on Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Marc
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Marc »

Its sad. If the people over here had to do what German champions had to do GSDs would still be police dogs only.

sea2summit
Avid Diver

Post by sea2summit »

Geek wrote:No not Schraderhaus, Shameless. I'm not looking for a competition dog myself, just one from a good line :)
Not intended that way :tomnic: they're neighbors and I saw the OP was from Lakewood.
Dusty2 wrote:Good thing, The show lines are prone to allot of hip problems and other things. The working shepherds tend to be allot more sound and healthy although some tend to be overly aggressive so it's important to find a breeder that breeds for temperament and the good old fashioned type shepherds that were bred for working not for that low slung rear that the show people are going for these days.
Totally agree and would add the size Americans try and breed them for is destroying them as well. I'm on my 4th GSD and she is the first that has had no hip problems to include one I purchased in Germany. Granted most of them have been only serious enough I couldn't paper them but disapointing. My current one is the East German and she is a much better put together dog (if that makes any sense).