Cove 2 from a fisheye point of view.

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
gutholmj
Perma Narc'd

Cove 2 from a fisheye point of view.

Post by gutholmj »

I finally got to setup my new wide-angle fisheye and give it a try today. Damn it's a monster but I already love it.

Cardiver and I made it up to Cove 2 around noon for two dives. The plan for dive 1 was to take only the empty housing with the new dome and make sure it didn't leak. It was really weird. I don't think Ron and I have ever done a dive without one of us having a camera. Visibility in the shallows was great, better than 20', with lots of available light. Down around 70 fsw, the visibility was decreasing and by 95 fsw it was probably 8-10'. Dragging the empty housing was a total pain. Empty, it's about 5-8 lbs buoyant so I spent the whole dive holding it down and leaning to one side to compensate or the buoyancy. At the end of the dive in 20 fsw, we found a good sized octopus sitting out on a rock and spent a good long time having a staring contest with him.

Now for the fun. Dive number 2, I get to take the new lens. Wow!!! I got a 10-17 fisheye and it's a whole new game. The pics suck but I had a great time taking them and learned a lot. I cant wait to get out with it again.
Attachments
DSC_1197.jpg
DSC_1204.jpg
DSC_1208.jpg
DSC_1214.jpg
DSC_1220.jpg
DSC_1247.jpg
DSC_1255.jpg
DSC_1259.jpg
DSC_1262.jpg
DSC_1266.jpg
"Well as much as this pains me I am gonna have to pull out" - pogiguy05
Gooch
Submariner

Re: Cove 2 from a fisheye point of view.

Post by Gooch »

Good post! I'd love to try some wide angle stuff sometime and your pix look pretty good IMHO...:)
http://nwdivers.me/blog/ Original articles and dive reports from local divers in the Vancouver, WA area. Suggestions for stories or your own reports are welcome!

Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

Hey, love the pics!
cardiver
I've Got Gills

Post by cardiver »

I love that lens! Great pics, James.
Two dives and 146 minutes in the water. I'm still cold!
Attachments
IMG_20110217_144012.jpg
-Ron T.
"When I'm 80 I'll take up real diving, which is done in a pub..." Ray Ives.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
https://www.facebook.com/RETOPPPHOTOGRAPHY
mz53480
I've Got Gills

Post by mz53480 »

Great pics!
:taco:
...I like going to the chamber.. They have great food there, and awsome live music "H20doctor"
Check out the VIDEOS!
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Pics are great James! They do NOT suck - I can hardly wait to see what they look like in Bonaire!
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
whatevah
Aquanaut

Post by whatevah »

Wow - this is cool. I don't see a lot of people doing really wide angle around here and it's too bad because these photos really make me feel like I'm there and part of the scene. I see you've got an 8" dome for that lens - how about trying some over/under shots?
“When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world.” -- John Muir
deep diver
Pelagic

Post by deep diver »

I see what you mean about there might not be room for it in sinky!

Pictures still look good, :supz: once you get fine tuned on your next dive they will be great!

The water viz looks really clear in the pictures too.
It's a good day.... nobody died!