MMM 2-28-11

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

MMM 2-28-11

Post by Nwbrewer »

Last MMM for February, who's in?

Dive 1- 4:00 Splash (this means Matt too)
Dive 2 - 6:30 Splash

For more information on the MMM dives see this thread - http://www.nwdiveclub.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12412

Anybody looking to come out and go for a fun dive feel free to show up! We had a great dive with some great divers last week, (and Joe too!). Hopefully we can repeat next week!

I'll be there for dive 1.

Jake
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
finnegankp
Dive-aholic

Re: MMM 2-28-11

Post by finnegankp »

I think due to some fortunate scheduling I may actually be able to make it out there for the dives! Though I only hope I can kit up to splash by 4.

Kyle
To dive? Or not to dive?... the latter is irrelevant! Get in the water!
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Hope to see you there Kyle!
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
spudgunman
Compulsive Diver

Post by spudgunman »

its been a while, I will see if I can also pull this trick off for all 3 dives...
Kelly(boy)
_____
Per TOS: I explicitly ask you to feel free to criticize me constructively or just because you want to pick on me.
trevorrowe
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by trevorrowe »

I'm going to try to make it. I'll know monday if I can make it for certain (dives 2/3)
spudgunman
Compulsive Diver

Post by spudgunman »

I can confirm 1 and 2

3 depends on how well I do in this snow. Still dont care to dive dry yet.
Kelly(boy)
_____
Per TOS: I explicitly ask you to feel free to criticize me constructively or just because you want to pick on me.
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

spudgunman wrote:I can confirm 1 and 2

3 depends on how well I do in this snow. Still dont care to dive dry yet.
You're gonna freeze dude! Last week people in drysuits bailed on dive 2. Bring warm water!

April
Dive-aholic

Post by April »

I'll be there for dive 2!

Edit - oops, but I won't be diving, tanks were left in the wrong vehicle yesterday. I will be up to say hi and pick up my light though!!
April
trevorrowe
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by trevorrowe »

If all you lack at this point is tanks (e.g. you didn't leave everything else at home) I have extra tanks I can bring along (singles and doubles).
spudgunman
Compulsive Diver

Post by spudgunman »

I stuck around till about 630 but then it got too cold to stand..

Bottom temp was 44 @45 min down... shivvvvvver
Kelly(boy)
_____
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

spudgunman wrote:I stuck around till about 630 but then it got too cold to stand..

Bottom temp was 44 @45 min down... shivvvvvver
It was good to meet you Kelly, glad you and Chris had a good dive after we lost you.

The water temps were COLD last night, and it didn't help that we were all standing around for a while before splashing.

Any dive where I get to see a wolfeel, lemon peel nudibranchs, and little red octos doing the chameleon thing is a good dive, even if my feet are frozen by the end. We even had a Paulicarp sighting last night!

Jake

Fishstiq
Amphibian

Post by Fishstiq »

Nwbrewer wrote:We even had a Paulicarp sighting last night!

Jake
Pics or it never happened.
Not just front page famous, but above the fold famous...

Waiting for your AIDS test results is no time to be thinking positive.
spudgunman
Compulsive Diver

Post by spudgunman »

It was nice to meet Paul. However once we suggested a 2nd dive I have never seen a man flee faster. I don't think he even took his suit off!

thanks for the dive guys
Kelly(boy)
_____
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

spudgunman wrote:It was nice to meet Paul. However once we suggested a 2nd dive I have never seen a man flee faster. I don't think he even took his suit off!

thanks for the dive guys
He didn't, just drive home in his drysuit. I wish mine were comfortable enough to drive in.

Paulicarp
Aquanaut

Post by Paulicarp »

I was ok till we got out and I took my hood off. Between my recent losses of bioprene and my bald head and a 37degree breeze, I was gonna be stage one in short order. Once the engine was running and the seat heater was on, I decided I might as well be driving home where there's a warm shower waiting for me!

Without a doubt, the best dive I've had in 8 months. :)