Visiting Seattle March 7-12th

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
Marianne
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Visiting Seattle March 7-12th

Post by Marianne »

Hello! I am looking for some possible dive buddies. I am an experienced cold water diver (800+ dives) from San Diego. I will be visiting Seattle for a class for work and will be there March 7th through the 12th. I'd really like to do some night dives during the week as well as a day of boat diving or good shore diving on Friday the 11th. I'll be hauling my camera with me on the trip as I do like underwater photography. Anyone interested?

Marianne
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Re: Visiting Seattle March 7-12th

Post by kdupreez »

There are a few Giant Pacific Octo's on eggs at the moment in Alki Cove1 and Cove2

drop me a PM, I'd happily go dive next week and show you those Octo's on eggs for a good photo op?

Koos
"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party" - Ron White
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

kdupreez wrote:There are a few Giant Pacific Octo's on eggs at the moment in Alki Cove1 and Cove2

drop me a PM, I'd happily go dive next week and show you those Octo's on eggs for a good photo op?

Koos
Me too - I'll come along to protect you from Koos. :penelope:

What kind of stuff would you like to see? Video or still camera?
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

I usually dive Wed night in Everett/Mukilteo, 6:30 splash. Hit me up if you woudl like to join
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

Hey guys ...

Ursa's in town next week ... she'd love to see those octos too. Let's make it a party ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Grateful Diver wrote:Hey guys ...

Ursa's in town next week ... she'd love to see those octos too. Let's make it a party ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
:bday: :bday: :bday:
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Post by kdupreez »

Yeah! good idea! What days/times would work for the party?
"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party" - Ron White
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

How about Thursday, March 10 for a Cove 2 tour?

If possible, not too late in the evening ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/
lologrande
Avid Diver

Post by lologrande »

Hey I like to party! :supz: Let's make it happen.
The owls are not what they seem.
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Post by kdupreez »

6:00pm? And afterwards we can visit recently opened "The Dive Bar" ?

@Doug - wanna car pool?
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

I can make that!
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
seainggreen
Dive-aholic

Post by seainggreen »

Thursday's been the happenin' night for fun group diving...

There will be several folks there next Thursday, me included. Sounds fun!
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." - Abraham Lincoln, 1809 - 1865
Seainggreen Productions, LLC
Jan K
I've Got Gills

Post by Jan K »

Marianne wrote:Hello! I am looking for some possible dive buddies. I am an experienced cold water diver (800+ dives) from San Diego. I will be visiting Seattle for a class for work and will be there March 7th through the 12th. I'd really like to do some night dives during the week as well as a day of boat diving or good shore diving on Friday the 11th. I'll be hauling my camera with me on the trip as I do like underwater photography. Anyone interested?

Marianne
See? I told you that here you will find plenty of friendly divers to show you around :partyman:
http://JanKocian.smugmug.com

I take photos because I like it, not because I'm good at it. :) by Unknown
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Post by kdupreez »

seainggreen wrote:Thursday's been the happenin' night for fun group diving...

There will be several folks there next Thursday, me included. Sounds fun!
Awesome! I might have my scoot by then :)
olyvtx
Dive-aholic

Post by olyvtx »

Jan K wrote:
Marianne wrote:Hello! I am looking for some possible dive buddies. I am an experienced cold water diver (800+ dives) from San Diego. I will be visiting Seattle for a class for work and will be there March 7th through the 12th. I'd really like to do some night dives during the week as well as a day of boat diving or good shore diving on Friday the 11th. I'll be hauling my camera with me on the trip as I do like underwater photography. Anyone interested?

Marianne
See? I told you that here you will find plenty of friendly divers to show you around :partyman:
Marrianne is interested in doing a San Juan charter. I spoke with Kurt (Naknek) and he's willing to go out on Friday, March 11th, even with only 2 divers. Anybody else able to do this? I know it's short notice....
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

The big problem for me is getting up to Friday Harbor, which really has stopped me from using the NakNek any more. It's a painful schlep in the early morning, especially if we are diving Thursday night.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
Marianne
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Post by Marianne »

I'm willing to dive Monday night, Tuesday night, Wednesday night, Thursday afternoon (class ends at noon), Thursday night, and all day Friday. I will do as many dives as I can cram in that short period of time as long as I can find buddies. I'd really like to do the boat dives Friday even if it is a pain in the neck and requires getting up at an ungodly hour. I'm sure the diving is worth it!

I have a point and shoot Canon G7 in an Ike housing with a DS-51 strobe and a Nocturnal Lights LED focus light. I swear I am going to upgrade to an SLR one of these days if I can just stop taking scuba trips (probably not but it is a nice thought as I really would like an SLR). I like to take pictures but I have no talent for it. Bummer. I certainly like sharks, rays, eels, shrimp, and of course nudibranchs. I also really like wolf eels. They are hard to find in San Diego! Actually I really like critters in general so I should have a good time diving there no matter what spots I end up at. I will freeze my butt off as my drysuit leaks a bit but I am sure it is nothing a nice hot post-dive Irish coffee won't fix.
Scubak
I've Got Gills

Post by Scubak »

The divers in the PNW just love to show visitors around. I knew they would have a party for you.
Kirsten
"Let's go diving!"
Marianne
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Post by Marianne »

I had hoped to make the dive tonight at Cove 2 now that my class for work has ended. I am trying to figure the logistics. Does anyone have a spare steel tank and about 14 lbs of weight I could borrow? I would be happy to pay for a fill or a beer afterwards in exchage for its use. Also, I checked directions and it looks like the dive site isn't too far from the ferry landing in west seattle. Is it possible for me to just to just take the ferry over sine I am a block away from where it leaves from downtown over to west seattle? It seems like that would be easiest.