scooter days

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
Burntchef
I've Got Gills

scooter days

Post by Burntchef »

all,

with the weather starting to break lately and vis being pretty good in the lake i was thinking of a scooter demo day sometime soon. i know in seattle the X is king but there are a few gavins around, as well as my submerge magnus and marc has a submerge n-19. we can set up a nice long line off the bottom and just have who ever wants to play come and scooter around in monkey gear or there own kit.

this will be nothing like the tahoe tests as i dont have the time, brain power or care to assemble anything like that. this will be just a group of folks playing with some expensive toys.

if you have a scooter you would like to let people demo please email me and i will keep a updated list here and we can start to narrow down a date.

thanks
Howard
my email- burntchef@gmail.com
Chin high, puffed chest, we step right to it
The choice is there ain't no choice but to pursue it

"Diving the gas is the easy part, not much to it, plenty of retards are using it safely. " jamieZ
LCF
I've Got Gills

Re: scooter days

Post by LCF »

I'd be happy to lend my Sierra for something like that. It's a standard NiMH battery one.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
Dashrynn
I've Got Gills

Post by Dashrynn »

oh man....i woulda brought the hollis....oh well if youre in west palm beach...
Burntchef
I've Got Gills

Post by Burntchef »

so far we have

submerge scooters- magnus 950 lithium battery

submerge scooters- n-19 nimh battery

dive xtras- standard sierra- nimh batt

halcyon r-14 nimh batt

gavin 26 lithium battery.

would like to have a 650, and 850 cuda as well as a fury.
Last edited by Burntchef on Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

"Diving the gas is the easy part, not much to it, plenty of retards are using it safely. " jamieZ
Marc
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Marc »

If we do it on a Sunday, I will bring out my N-19.
Reporter: "The helmet has a special meaning for many drivers. How important is it to you?"

Raikkonen: "It protects my head."
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Post by kdupreez »

I'll bring my X-Cuda with NiMH! I'm sure I can wrestle a couple of folks to bring down a Fury too..

Would REALLY like to try the Magnus!! thanks for this Howard!

cheers

Koos
"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party" - Ron White
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

Who put lithium batteries in a Gavin26 tube!!! Holy crap that must have like 120Ah or 26Ah + a whole lot of lead...
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
cofford
Aquaphile

Post by cofford »

40 Ah LiFePO4 pack in the 26 tube + 9 lbs of lead. LiFePO4 is much less expensive than Li-ion and is a safer technology. Runs a little faster than a normal Gavin and the flat discharge curve means it doesn't slow down. And, I get >140 minutes on the trigger in dubs+stage.
Powered by Puppies and Ice Cream.
airsix
I've Got Gills

Post by airsix »

cofford wrote:LiFePO4 is much less expensive than Li-ion and is a safer technology.
And over time they don't lose capacity as quickly either. :supz:
"The place looked like a washing machine full of Josh's carharts. I was not into it." --Sockmonkey
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

airsix wrote:
cofford wrote:LiFePO4 is much less expensive than Li-ion and is a safer technology.
They don't need to, they start out at 1/3rd capacity of Li-Co. :angry:

Really hoping that they work out a way to get these cells to hold a little more juice, Li-Co and Li-Mn make me too nervous to consider purchasing even for divelights. Too many stories of them going boom while charging.
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
airsix
I've Got Gills

Post by airsix »

Nwbrewer wrote:
airsix wrote:
They don't need to, they start out at 1/3rd capacity of Li-Co. :angry:
The newest ones aren't that bad. Only 15% less capacity than Li-Co is what I've read. By the second year of use the LiCo will have lost all that margin and they'll be about equal. Which reminds me, I need to burn test my LiPo packs. It's been a while and they just turned 4yrs old.

I think a LiFe Gavin sounds cool.

Sorry for the hijack, Howard.
"The place looked like a washing machine full of Josh's carharts. I was not into it." --Sockmonkey
Burntchef
I've Got Gills

Post by Burntchef »

how does the 21st sound for those who are volunteering there scoots and time?

LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

I can't do the 21st, but my scooter is a Sierra, and they're a drug on the market. I could do the 22nd.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
cofford
Aquaphile

scooter days

Post by cofford »

I'll be out of town that weekend.