Edmonds on 5/14

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
Scubie Doo
I've Got Gills

Edmonds on 5/14

Post by Scubie Doo »

I am planning to dive EUP this Saturday with a friend, not sure what time yet. It looks like the tides may be swinging that day. Since I have only dove once there I am a bit concerned about the current and surface swim. My buddy is also pretty new to Washington diving, he has dove a lot in Monterey though. Any experienced EUP divers have some advice on timing or better yet dive with us :)
coulterboy
Amphibian

Re: Edmonds on 5/14

Post by coulterboy »

Hey Scoobie Doo. You and your buddy are better off diving around 1400-1800 that day. An easy pleasurable dive would a be a surface swim to the second yellow buoy, drop down, then go west to northwest between the third yellow buoy and the red buoys. Or, go all the way to the third yellow buoy, drop down, then burn your air coming back all the way to the first yellow buoy, making a grid swim checking out all the structures (sunken boats with lots of lings). To avoid the surface swim back to shore, make sure you have enough air and just navigate all the way back underwater. Enjoy.
When was the last time you did something for the first time?
Scubie Doo
I've Got Gills

Edmonds on 5/14

Post by Scubie Doo »

Thanks for the input, I was thinking 2 would be prime-time out there. Thanks again.
ashitaka666
Aquaphile

Re: Edmonds on 5/14

Post by ashitaka666 »

If I wasn't in portland this weekend I'd so go diving there! I haven't had a chance to check out EUP yet. Next month I'll be open to diving on the weekends again.
Scuba Diving isn't about one's ego but about having fun and doing dives you feel comfortable doing.
Ashi's Photo Gallery