Sunday dive at Cove2 - and maybe some BBQ'ing action!

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Sunday dive at Cove2 - and maybe some BBQ'ing action!

Post by kdupreez »

A bunch of us are splashing at Cove 2 for a dive on Sunday June 5th, hitting the water at 3:30pm if anyone cares to join!

I will probably be there from around 1:00pm onwards and decided to bring my little gas BBQ and will be flipping burgers & dogs before our dive.. (fish need to eat too, you know..)

Feel free to come and join the (hopefully) sunny day of mini BBQ and then some playing in the murky algae bloom :)

Its a bit of an impulsive low-key event, so If you plan to be there around 1pm, drop me a PM or reply here that you are coming and I'll be sure to pack some extra and will be happy to grill you a hamburger! :supz:

I'll be the dude with the funny accent, GUE shirt and burger flipper in hand... or is it burger and flipper in hand.. or was it flipper burger in hand?? :burntchef:

Koos
"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party" - Ron White
ashitaka666
Aquaphile

Re: Sunday dive at Cove2 - and maybe some BBQ'ing action!

Post by ashitaka666 »

I'll be up in that area diving in the morning so I'll refill my tanks and plan to dive some more in the afternoon =3.
Scuba Diving isn't about one's ego but about having fun and doing dives you feel comfortable doing.
Ashi's Photo Gallery
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

See you at 1, Koos ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/
fnerg
Dive-aholic

Post by fnerg »

I haven't been in the water all week. I'm there!
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Post by kdupreez »

Hey thanks everyone that came out!

It was awesome to see that Side-Mount stuff Bob! (Id still like to dive with you and see how all that works it in the water sometime)

Vlad - those chicken kebabs were pretty awesome! (According to my wife)

Viz was kinda crap, but was good to meet new folks and put faces behind the avatars.

Koos
"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party" - Ron White
vlad
Aquaphile

Post by vlad »

kdupreez wrote:Hey thanks everyone that came out!

It was awesome to see that Side-Mount stuff Bob! (Id still like to dive with you and see how all that works it in the water sometime)

Vlad - those chicken kebabs were pretty awesome! (According to my wife)
Great to read that! It was definitely nice to see everyone and meet some new people!

Here is a pre-dive picture for ya.
P1000513.jpg
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

Great turnout, and lots of fun. The vis was crap, but the socializing with all the folks who showed up made it all worthwhile. Kinda like an impromptu club dive.

Thanks for setting it up, Koos ... and for all the good food. I had a great time.

Let's go diving ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

coulterboy
Amphibian

Post by coulterboy »

Thanks again for the open invite Koos. It's great to meet a lot of people. Bob, thank you also for the duct tape. That was a big save and for the valve insert. Josh, it was great diving with you.
When was the last time you did something for the first time?
doug7377
Avid Diver

Post by doug7377 »

oh man missed anther good dive i need to get out again
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

doug7377 wrote:oh man missed anther good dive i need to get out again
Actually the diving sucked ... visibility was somewhere between poor and ridiculous ... but it was a great group of folks to spend a few hours with at the dive site ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

seainggreen
Dive-aholic

Post by seainggreen »

Koos knows how to throw an impromptu party and make everyone feel welcome! There were even some folks who didn't know about the shindig ahead of time who joined in. It was great seeing so many folks coming out for some socializing and diving.

Vis was crap, but regardless, my buddy and I managed to catch a juvenile GPO in his hidey-spot, a lovely grunt sculpin, some face time with expecting mommies, an extended fish-whispering (cabezon petting) session, and lots and lots of teeny tiny cool stuff.

Best of all my husband made it back into the water after an extended break due to surgery and back-ickiness. His diving team had some lovely encounters as well!

All in all a fabulous day. :)

Seainggreen
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." - Abraham Lincoln, 1809 - 1865
Seainggreen Productions, LLC
Scubak
I've Got Gills

Post by Scubak »

I wish Tim and I could have made it! Lets do this again soon!!! I'd love to be able to put faces to names. Glad everyone had a great time!
Kirsten
"Let's go diving!"