Blue heron bridge. Gopro testing ground!

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
Dashrynn
I've Got Gills

Blue heron bridge. Gopro testing ground!

Post by Dashrynn »

Sorry for the background noise, still working out the bugs of windows live movie maker.

I bought a gopro for taking video of my dives, cheap and great quality in a small package. So here's the end result :calvin: :taco:

[vimeo]http://www.vimeo.com/24947546[/vimeo]
scottsax
I've Got Gills

Re: Blue heron bridge. Gopro testing ground!

Post by scottsax »

Well damn...

That looks nice! What housing, and how does it look without the flat port?
I'm going to look like a moose on rollerskates. -airsix
... my Mom caught me fenestrating once. -lavachickie
And I get so tired of fainting and peeing all over myself when the hammer falls on an empty chamber! -Nailer

Want to know where I'm performing? Check out my Facebook fan page!
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

Saaaaaawweeeeeettttt
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
Dashrynn
I've Got Gills

Post by Dashrynn »

scottsax wrote:Well damn...

That looks nice! What housing, and how does it look without the flat port?
Just a flat lens in the place of the other. So remove the round lens and replace with flat, pretty easy.

And I couldn't say from experience but they're plenty of videos showing the quality difference.
Attachments
IMAG0144.jpg
ljjames
I've Got Gills

Post by ljjames »

Dang! looking good! makes me want to pack up the scoot and come visit!!!!!!
----
"I survived the Brittandrea Dorikulla, where's my T-shirt!"
citycatred
Submariner

Post by citycatred »

Awesome video! I'm so jealous....
When in doubt, make a fool of yourself. There is a microscopically thin line between being brilliantly creative and acting like the most gigantic idiot on earth. So what the hell, leap.
Cynthia Heimel
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

there is a setting on video to adjust the sound down to zero if you like. I agree though that the song that was playing underwater was ugh....
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
airsix
I've Got Gills

Post by airsix »

Wow, I was surprised at how close you could get to your subjects and still be in focus.
"The place looked like a washing machine full of Josh's carharts. I was not into it." --Sockmonkey
Dashrynn
I've Got Gills

Post by Dashrynn »

airsix wrote:Wow, I was surprised at how close you could get to your subjects and still be in focus.
Me too! I only shoved my camera in the face of lobsters to test focus distance before it blurred. Surprisingly had some nice detail in the video.
Matt S.
Submariner

Post by Matt S. »

scottsax wrote: That looks nice! What housing, and how does it look without the flat port?
Let me put it this way... After one dive with the standard dome port I never bothered to take my GoPro back under. It's worthless, worse than standard def. IMHO. (I bought mine as a pre-order and so the poor underwater focus was an unpleasant surprise. Later they amended the product description to hint at it, at least.)

One of these days I will get a flat port.

There is a GoPro forum here:

http://goprouser.freeforums.org/

But it's hard to get good info on the flat port products since the administrator has banned all links to stuff for sale. You can't even mention the products' names.
Dashrynn
I've Got Gills

Post by Dashrynn »

Matt S. wrote:
scottsax wrote: That looks nice! What housing, and how does it look without the flat port?
Let me put it this way... After one dive with the standard dome port I never bothered to take my GoPro back under. It's worthless, worse than standard def. IMHO. (I bought mine as a pre-order and so the poor underwater focus was an unpleasant surprise. Later they amended the product description to hint at it, at least.)

One of these days I will get a flat port.

There is a GoPro forum here:

http://goprouser.freeforums.org/

But it's hard to get good info on the flat port products since the administrator has banned all links to stuff for sale. You can't even mention the products' names.
The mako lens is around 30. There is a glass lens which theoretically, is better since its harder to scratch and I believe clarity. The mako lens used to be 15ish but has since increased with price.
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Nice! Great Video! =D>
I've thought about buying a Go-Pro for when I go back to Bonaire next year! :supz:
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz: