Still dialing in on diving

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
LadyGoDiver
Frequent Bubbler

Still dialing in on diving

Post by LadyGoDiver »

Hi all --

I'm new and still dialing in on diving. I want to be a good dive buddy and learn more about the UW environment. I dive dry (still learning..) with HP 100s. Since work takes up weekdays, I venture forth on the weekends. UW navigation is so far my favorite skill to practice, as well as buoyancy.

My plans are to complete Rescue Diver training this summer and then try for the PADI Master Scuba Diver rating next summer.

Since I'm still new, I seek dive buddies who'd like to help me develop skills. In return, I will bake delicious SI treats and laugh at your jokes.

Send me a message and let's go!
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam.
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Re: Still dialing in on diving

Post by Grateful Diver »

Hi LadyGoDiver ...

Bring some of those treats to the club dive at Redondo on July 9 and meet lots of new dive buddies. There will be plenty of folks there who will be happy to dive with you ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

Welcome, Lady! Where in the greater Seattle area are you?

It is a particular pleasure for me to go out with new divers, because people like Bob were so generous to me when I was new. If we can find a place and time, I'd be delighted to paddle around with you!
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
LadyGoDiver
Frequent Bubbler

Post by LadyGoDiver »

I saw the post about July 9 but I cannot make that. I will keep checking the board for club dives, though!
coulterboy
Amphibian

Post by coulterboy »

Hello Lady! I see that you live in Shoreline. I'm not too far from you. I live in Edmonds. I'm also mostly free on weekends. If you wanna splash at EUP, just give me a shout out, or post a thread. Be careful of what you are trying to embark on! It's addicting! Welcome aboard!
When was the last time you did something for the first time?
Alexitt
Submariner

Post by Alexitt »

Welcome to the Club M'Lady... There's quite a few N. End Divers on here... Sundays are my best dive days but I usually dive Thurs. evenings up @ the T-Dock for the Evergreen shop dive (425-522-8811 for more info)... Shoot me a pm and I'd be happy to splash... Don't forget to check out the MMM dives as well, Lots of good people there...

BTW My Latin's a bit rusty (salt water in the ears) What's the translation for your sig line?
-Alex-

"so in the interest of advising something...let's see..."the early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese!" -Eliseaboo

Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

You can find the answer here... :taco: :taco:

http://tinyurl.com/3zjgx3r
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
Alexitt
Submariner

Post by Alexitt »

I believe I found a way...
-Alex-

"so in the interest of advising something...let's see..."the early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese!" -Eliseaboo

Blaiz
Pelagic

Post by Blaiz »

Norris wrote:You can find the answer here... :taco: :taco:

Quid rides? Mutato nomine, de te febula narratur :neener:

and welcome to the boards, miss!
The student was ready.

it's nice to have low expectations, sometimes - lcf

I said keep going, not start whining -airsix
Alexitt
Submariner

Post by Alexitt »

Blaiz wrote:

I did and you're right...
-Alex-

LadyGoDiver
Frequent Bubbler

Post by LadyGoDiver »

Blaiz wrote:

Gratias ago vos pro vestri pius exspectata.
renoun
I've Got Gills

Post by renoun »

I tend to be more of a weekday evening diver but with the viz. so great right now I'll probably be looking to dive this weekend too. I'm almost a neighbor, perhaps we can work something out.
"Just to be clear, doing the Diamond Knot requires at the minimum double IPAs to be DIR." - MattleyCrue
"Mmmm....... Oreos!
They didn't look too good when I was spitting in my mask for dive #2!" - cardiver
LadyGoDiver
Frequent Bubbler

Post by LadyGoDiver »

So we're going to dive EUWP on Saturday morning. We will probably arrive about 0730.
PM if you wanna watch me kick up loads of sand.
scottsax
I've Got Gills

Post by scottsax »

That might be doable...
I'm going to look like a moose on rollerskates. -airsix
... my Mom caught me fenestrating once. -lavachickie
And I get so tired of fainting and peeing all over myself when the hammer falls on an empty chamber! -Nailer

Want to know where I'm performing? Check out my Facebook fan page!
renoun
I've Got Gills

Post by renoun »

LadyGoDiver wrote:So we're going to dive EUWP on Saturday morning. We will probably arrive about 0730.
PM if you wanna watch me kick up loads of sand.
Well normally I like to be sleeping that time of day but perhaps that is the only way to get a parking spot at BHUT on a weekend. I'll start a thread in Dive Planning so that other folks can get in on it without following this.
"Just to be clear, doing the Diamond Knot requires at the minimum double IPAs to be DIR." - MattleyCrue
"Mmmm....... Oreos!
They didn't look too good when I was spitting in my mask for dive #2!" - cardiver
Paulicarp
Aquanaut

Post by Paulicarp »

welcome lady! It would be great if you could make it to Monday Muk Madness. We have a good mix of all types of divers who show up and all skill levels are welcome. Watch in the dive planning section for "MMM" and the date.