Neah Bay

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
Rod Crocker
Just Settling In

Neah Bay

Post by Rod Crocker »

Just got back from Neah Bay Sunday night, what a weekend of diving. We stayed at Snow Creek Resort and had my boat for running out to Tatoosh. Tried to do Duncan, but currents were ripping, so bailed off to Hole in the wall and Mushroom rock. Spear fishing was good and the dives were fantastic. Went with 3 cops from Centralia, what a blast, great time. Dale we still need to get out there!
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Re: Neah Bay

Post by H20doctor »

There is a trip planned in july... It would be great to have you out there.. July 22 is the weekend
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
dphershman
Aquanaut

Post by dphershman »

Rod Crocker wrote:Just got back from Neah Bay Sunday night, what a weekend of diving. We stayed at Snow Creek Resort and had my boat for running out to Tatoosh. Tried to do Duncan, but currents were ripping, so bailed off to Hole in the wall and Mushroom rock. Spear fishing was good and the dives were fantastic. Went with 3 cops from Centralia, what a blast, great time. Dale we still need to get out there!
I saw you guys having a blast on Saturday.... I was up on the Cape Flattery viewpoint taking pictures of the island when I saw a boat with four divers just below, two teams taking turns diving and manning the boat. I was really envious!
Dan Hershman :smt024
Rod Crocker
Just Settling In

Post by Rod Crocker »

dphershman, we saw you guys up there when we were diving Hole in the Wall. What a dive, lots of fish and great structure. That whole area is a blast to dive.
Rod Crocker
Just Settling In

Post by Rod Crocker »

H2odoctor, I will be out there on July 22 with a new group of people, so maybe it's with you guys. I'm going meet Cory and others at Hobuck Resort. If you are with another group hope to see you out there.
dphershman
Aquanaut

Post by dphershman »

Rod Crocker wrote:dphershman, we saw you guys up there when we were diving Hole in the Wall. What a dive, lots of fish and great structure. That whole area is a blast to dive.
I was supposed to be on a dive trip that weekend at Neah Bay but the charter boat cancelled at the last minute.... so I decided to just go hiking on the beach instead. On Saturday I went out to the viewpoint at Cape Falattery and saw a dive boat below.... was I ever jealous!
Dan Hershman :smt024
deep diver
Pelagic

Post by deep diver »

[quote= Dale we still need to get out there![/quote]

I know, I sure hope we can go one of theses days, just need to plan a date that works for all. I'm so short on free time lately, but when the subs are in I'll have some free time.

sounds like you had a great time... shoot any ling?
It's a good day.... nobody died!
Rod Crocker
Just Settling In

Post by Rod Crocker »

Dale,

The diving was great in all the coves along cape flattery, we got many lings and bunches of black rock fish. We didn't get very deep, but the structure is full of caves and kelp. I may not be able to get back out there until september after the July trip.
Rod Crocker
Just Settling In

Post by Rod Crocker »

dbhershman,

Nice picture of my boat. You probably heard a bunch of screaming, we just came up with a bag of fish.
straitscuba
Aquaphile

Post by straitscuba »

I have made a ton of trips out to Cape Flattery on the trail and have always looked down and longed to dive some of those little coves out there! I am officially JEALOUS! One day I will get out there!
oldsalt
I've Got Gills

Post by oldsalt »

straitscuba wrote:I have made a ton of trips out to Cape Flattery on the trail and have always looked down and longed to dive some of those little coves out there! I am officially JEALOUS! One day I will get out there!
Take me! Take me! :taco:

Dreaming of Neah Bay.
- Curt :rawlings:
Happy to be alive.
Rod Crocker
Just Settling In

Post by Rod Crocker »

Old Salt,

I'm booked up for a few months with work and other trips, but keep in touch for a trip in the fall.

Rod
olyvtx
Dive-aholic

Post by olyvtx »

Just got off the phone with Hobuck resort. The weekend of July 23-24 the WHOLE resort is reserved for some kind of company retreat. Bummer. This impacts my plans for that weekend. There are other places to stay, Snow Creek and Cape Motel and Campground to name a couple. Not sure what i'm going to do, the family was looking forward to the ocean beach and surf...